Sign in to follow this  
TheUndeadSoldier

Placing bridges in Visitor

I noticed a previous forum thread on the same subject, but the question wasn't at all resolved, so I thought a second try might achieve a solution....

When I try to place bridge sections in Visitor, the preview in Buldozer shows a model that has been distorted by the terrain. It can't be selected manually in buldozer, or moved, and some of the texture normals appear to be facing the wrong direction. The distortion makes it impossible to align the pieces.

Really need help, guys!  This is the one piece of the puzzle I need solved to get my island complete! smile_o.gif

Example: http://www.signalbox.com.au/bridge.jpg

I think these are your two best bets.

1. Just flatten out the bottom of the river/bay/etc. and then take where the pylon is and just try to allign everything to about .25-.5m above where the top of the pylon is.

2. Once the rest of your island is done use WRPTool to put in the bridge correctly.

I think these are your two best bets.

1. Just flatten out the bottom of the river/bay/etc. and then take where the pylon is and just try to allign everything to about .25-.5m above where the top of the pylon is.

2. Once the rest of your island is done use WRPTool to put in the bridge correctly.

Thanks Jakerod.  A good solution to a sticky problem. I wonder how the BIS guys managed it?  rock.gif

Cheers!

I thought it could be done via setting the bridge segment as a special part of the road... Just an idea, I did not tried it yet. I should try and report... tounge_o.gif

I have I don't think it worked right but maybe. I never tested it ingame only in buldozer. I don't remember the exact outcome tho because it was a long time ago but go ahead in try maybe I screwed something up.