Pappy Boyington

USCG Pack Release

ok uploading to edgefiles and primary again

you will need to redownload the installer. ill have to alert the news sites of the change

this is gonna take a half an hour to upload.

16kb a second. yay for ftp's! mad_o.gif

ok go ahead and redownload the installer from either primary or mirror link

the HH60 is fixed on it. . .someone report it to flashpoint.ru and ill PM fighter

Txs for the swift action  smile_o.gif

just like Y2K3. there is no reason you should suffer with broken addons any longer then you absolutly need to smile_o.gif

ok go ahead and redownload the installer from either primary or mirror link

the HH60 is fixed on it. . .someone report it to flashpoint.ru and ill PM fighter

Thanks Pappy!

I have re-downloaded the installer and now everything is ok biggrin_o.gif

And about you said on the another post, here in Brazil I am the no. 1 fan of your Y2K3 mod   wink_o.gif

This is one hell of a fun addon. It adds alot of authenticity to OFP, it especially opens doors to alot of good mission-making. Something somewhat funny happened with a crew from the M68A, I'll try to get a screen shot of it. Thanks for putting so much work into this addon.

Hi mates!

Your work looks good!

... Even if I don't really have time to fully test it! Sorry

As I always have new ideas coming into my mind, I've had one especially for your mod.

What about a floatable lifejacket? It shouldn't be that hard to modelize and then config it as a ship with max speed 5 or so and put the proxy driver in it. Then you have to make an anim for the guy with the lifejacket on him in a way so that his arms are over it. And... that's quite all. Figure out how to create it when your guy comes into the water... I've got some ideas still coming out...

Hope you can still do such good works!

Regards blues.gif

What about a floatable lifejacket?

Col. Klink was working on some, search for his 'fishing boat' thread

I have had a lot of fun with this pack over the past couple of days especially when you have a crew made up of Clint Eastwood, Robert Deniro, Sean Connery and Russel Crowe (they are not cheap you know crazy_o.gif )LOL.

Hey pappy and extraction, i have a suggestion to make here, i had problems with the crew of the boat ending up going overboard crazy_o.gif so i was wondering if it was possible to make the crew and personnel able to swim? I in this way we could actually rescue our own guys tounge_o.gif .

What do you think?

PH

and...how about giving the HH60 and the cutter healing abilities, after all these are vigilance and search & rescue vehicles are they not?

@life jacket: we did one for the pilot(s) but in order to make it work for the crew it would require a new script. and the one for the pilot had alot of flaws that still need figuring out. the biggest problem being, im not sure how to get the get out of the life jacket and onto a boat. id settle for being able to get in the cutter, but id like to be able to get him on to any boat using the life jacket thing.

i may have an idea ill look into later

@healing abilities: no on the HH60, Yes on the cutter. (for next version)

Quote[/b] ]@healing abilities: no on the HH60, Yes on the cutter. (for next version)

Hi Pappy,

I was wondering if maybe a member of the HH60 could be given medic skills instead of the actual chopper itself?

I reacon Clint would make a good medic ("you want something for the pain, punk? .... Wallop .... there you go") tounge_o.gif

PH

well i know the boat crew has healing abilities. mabe ill give the diver healing abilities too and the diver (would most likly) be part of the helos crew

edit: im retarded. . . the diver already does have healing abilities tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]edit: im retarded. . . the diver already does have healing abilities

Hi again pappy,

Then Clint(diver always present) has medic skills then!!, i must be having a problem then with the units.

I'll have to check this out and get back to you but i am running out of time (got to be up by 5.30 GMT)

PH

yea says attendant=1 (means he is a medic) in teh config so by all means he should have healing abilites

on the subject of lifejackets. my calulations were right and i have created a lifejacket script (for USCG boat crew only)

the only problem im having right now. . . is getting him onto the deck of the ship.

once i figure out how to get the player to disembark the lifevest ill worry about how to get the AI aboard smile_o.gif

Just tested the diver again and he has indeed got medic skills and they work so i probably got mixed up somewhere.

Anyway just a quick question .... how do you make a vehicle travelling on the water (a car in this case) increase its speed and any ideas how to create the effect of a propelor at the back? (i know this is 2 questions but i feel a bit greedy for knowledge LOL)

PH

I ask because i am trying to make a Bond mission and am making him a Bond car

when i load some mission its say iam missing ski boat but look on all the addons sites i no plus when i load he island for the mission the water doesnt change it stays the normal can any1 help

you know it took me 15 minutes to write the Mission-Readme that is installed with your USCG pack.

mabe the answer you look for is in that readme wink_o.gif

as far as the water changing, you would need to install new water textures

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be cool if you could make a script that would blow dust behind the props of the HC-130 when you are taxing around the runway. Of course the dust would have to be able to reverse direction when you use thrust reverse. Also the script wouldn't be very usefull in the air, it would only be used when you are on the ground.

thought about it but. . .

the herc is mainly used on paved runways (where there isnt much dust/dirt) and the only non-paved stations are in alaska. . . and i dont know how to customized that dust script from the yak 130 to be customized per island. .and even if i did it would be to complicated to change it via sciprt of value or whatever.

right now my conern is that life jacket script which i have working. . im just stuck on getting you out of the life jacket and onto the deck of the ship like the coc diver script.

but i can tell you it will be a combo of the pilot life jacket script and the diver script for the USCG diver. smile_o.gif

For your lifejacket.

Add an action when the nearest cutter is within 10 meters of the floating guy. Then in the statement start a script with the cutter and the guy in the lifejacket. Unassign him from the lifejacket and moveincargo him onto the cutter...

That's just my idea. Give me feedback, I could help you if you need (not too much, I'm also working hard on our mod!)

Keep working!

well my idea is a lil more simpler. . .and should work with all ships

by the way with the AI driving off problem. . . try this

Player As Commander: tell the driver to reverse then halt (like bam bam before he moves)

get out and select all ~ 1-6 and he will stay still  smile_o.gif

Edit: col klink and i are gonna combine our lifejacket scripts. the major differance between his and ours will be his will have a life jacket model. ours as u can see has no model at all (for the life vest) but the boat crew already are wearing life jackets. . .so its not gonna look all that dumb tounge_o.gif

the lifejacket will function 2 differnt ways.

1) like the diver if u stop swiming under a boat (or in this case clip thru it) then you will jump onto the deck

2) you will (by user action) be moved from the vest into pre-defined ships that will include klinks fishin boats, martins ski-boat, USCG ships (obviously) klinks new police boats and hopefuly USCG Helos too (if they are flown close enough to the swimer)

you know it took me 15 minutes to write the Mission-Readme that is installed with your USCG pack.

mabe the answer you look for is in that readme wink_o.gif

as far as the water changing, you would need to install new water textures

rock.gif i did read it but it only give u the link to the site but i cant find it there plus how do u get the class music to work in mission editor i cant find the music in it