Sign in to follow this  
Dreamy Knight

New Anim pack for replacing Anim.pbo

I did that, and theres nothing new.

Well, try to PM Pappy then, or try to copy, decompress, replace and compress the files and then replace them again, it is not so dificult and well worth it smile_o.gif .

Ok, but I did everything the readme says. The only thing I dont understand is that "4 directories" thing. I think I got the rest of it.

may be you put it in the wrong folder?

as i do got new anime

dont take the "4 directories" thing so much, it just a typing mistake

I did that, and theres nothing new.

Well, try to PM Pappy then, or try to copy, decompress, replace and compress the files and then replace them again, it is not so dificult and well worth it smile_o.gif .

why PM me? i posted the link all thats left is do, is to download the file i uploaded and replace the o.pbo in your res addons folder and your anim in your res/dta folder (or FDF or Y2K3 or whatever mod ur using if it has a dta folder)

Wow, the more i play the more i love them, fantastic work wow_o.gif . The crawling one is awsome and the binocular one aligns perfectly with the eyes in either stand, crouch and prone positions, sprinting is also improved, all it could use would be a new reload anim. maybe.

Very good, great work smile_o.gif .

Finally got them to work, awesome anims!!

The sprinting takes some getting used too, kinda looks like they are running on their toes or something.

Despite that, excellent.

i always not recommand to use MakePBO to restuff bigass PBO file as it will compress the files and OFP is surely spending much longer time to decompress it, while StuffPBO didnt, and hance it is a lots faster(for both compress or decompress)

took me less than 15 minutes using make pbo rock.gif

repboed it totally uncompressed, that way it loads faster and theres more room for .rar or other programs to compress.

Quote[/b] ] I dont understand is that "4 directories" thing.
i knew it tounge_o.gif

thank you dreamy knight for making this pack.

the pistol anims are the best ivé ever seen in ofp smile_o.gif

thumbs up for all the animmakers out there, these really added a nice part to the atmosphere

i always not recommand to use MakePBO to restuff bigass PBO file as it will compress the files and OFP is surely spending much longer time to decompress it, while StuffPBO didnt, and hance it is a lots faster(for both compress or decompress)

took me less than 15 minutes using make pbo  rock.gif  

repboed it totally uncompressed, that way it loads faster and theres more room for .rar or other programs to compress.

well not all ppl knows makePBO could set to uncompress some of the file m8, besides makePBO dont support files outside the list(and there always some of these files need to pack into the PBO)

BTW it took me less then 2 min to repack the O.pbo with stuffPBO wink_o.gif

This is great pack and the most polished one IMO. Works like a charm.

Thanks to Pappy for making it easier to install for us lazy asses.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I was under the impression that this pack was going to include more non-static animations. So far, the only changes I've seen are how the soldier holds the weapon in standing, crouching and prone. No new safe weapon animation, nothing.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I was under the impression that this pack was going to include more non-static animations. So far, the only changes I've seen are how the soldier holds the weapon in standing, crouching and prone. No new safe weapon animation, nothing.

indeed, the standing anime, for example, have slightly tweaked inorder to make it more realistic(or through the gun is still on the back, but atless your leg nolonger band into an "O" shape wink_o.gif )

yo!

Nice pack! Very nice work on the anims. Most of them are a real improvement. Only two anims bother me;

-running; it looks strange. The model bumps a lot and from a distance it looks very strange and not smooth. See if you can change it

-the standing-up-and-aim anim (just giving it a name) is wrong; you should have the legs a little further apart and bend the knees a little so that the soldier gets a lower profile. He should also lean forward a little to counter the recoil of his weapon.

The first person view is good. It takes a while to get used to this new look, but I think I'll keep it. On the US weapons it looks great and on most Russian weapons it also looks okay. It doesn't look good on the original M16, but that's because the original M16 is crap tounge_o.gif

nice pack, but I'm not getting new patrol anims. I didn't do anything with the "new" directory-could that be the problem? What do I do with it?

Pretty much all the anims in the second set of pics I don't have.

EDIT: after reading the readme more closely some of the ones in the second set are mission editor animations. NM smile_o.gif

however, the patrol animation is still just the default BIS one.

yo!

Nice pack! Very nice work on the anims. Most of them are a real improvement. Only two anims bother me;

-running; it looks strange. The model bumps a lot and from a distance it looks very strange and not smooth. See if you can change it

-the standing-up-and-aim anim (just giving it a name) is wrong; you should have the legs a little further apart and bend the knees a little so that the soldier gets a lower profile. He should also lean forward a little to counter the recoil of his weapon.

The first person view is good. It takes a while to get used to this new look, but I think I'll keep it. On the US weapons it looks great and on most Russian weapons it also looks okay. It doesn't look good on the original M16, but that's because the original M16 is crap  tounge_o.gif

it is kind of balance between 1st person and 3rd person view, you get one side done the other side would be screw up, simple as that, i think it is the best balance between 1st and 3rd person so far.

Well i'm not the only one who's having trouble using the Other animations.The animations in the "New" folder for mission editing.I've tried using "Switchmove" in the activ field of a waypoint and placed the animation .rtm's in the mission folder but they still don't work.Can anyone help me and the others with the same problem out.It's no good telling us just to put the switchmove in the activ field and so on,some of us need a readme which tells us how to do it.Like what to write and where to write it and where to copy the .rtm file and so on.I know that makes me sound like a real idiot but some things i can do and others i can't,this falls into the latter catagory.. sad_o.gif

.rtm's in the mission directory? i thought Animation addons needed to have an config.cpp and be in pbo format inside the addons folder in order to beable to use switchmove.

that could be the cause of the problems

Just got back from vacation to se this, looks pretty nice wink_o.gif

I'll see if I can do better, but these are by far the best out, real nice. smile_o.gif

.rtm's in the mission directory? i thought Animation addons needed to have an config.cpp and be in pbo format inside the addons folder in order to beable to use switchmove.

that could be the cause of the problems

That helped.I just downloaded the animation test mission put the PBO in the addons folder but when i make my own mission i can't kill the man doing the "switchmove"   crazy_o.gif .I take it i have to edit the config from the ani test PBO.Would it have something to do with the loop command...

this pack is very good, the only "flaw" i see at first glimpse is the reload animation break when standing up, its a bit sudden.

hi this looks like a great addon but theres a small problem your edgefile d/l link does not work could get more mirrors for this thanks

i replaced the running animation with sneaking anim it looks like call of duty its realy cool animation