Sign in to follow this  
bogey jammer

The best Globemaster III?

Hi all,

I found many Globemaster III transport aircraft add-ons, but which one's the best? I have my idea but I would like to read more opinions. smile_o.gif

Globemasters crazy_o.gif , I tought there was only one by the Hellden mod rock.gif

That's the only one I've seen. Which of these "many" are you talking about?

Regardless though, the best way to find out is to download them all and fly around for a while.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I think there are 2 available but they are only early Betas.

Hellden C-17 (Beta6)

Hellden C-17 (Beta5 ?)

I seem to remeber the Hellden team mergeing with "Operation Frenchpoint" so I dont know if they will be actually developed to release level?

Hawk made a C17 also, that was way better looking and flyable. You'll have to hunt for it. Thats was on par with his other addons..

Discussions about addons belong in Addons & Mods: Discussion.

Is it me or a flood of folks posting threads in the wrong places, or where ever they please?

@[ZG]BUZZARD

The link to Hawk's site was posted you were not paying attention..

Guest RKSL-Rock

I think the point of asking for a link for a C-17 is that it isnt listed on Hawk's site. Only the C-5!

Precisely! I already have the C-5, Konyak, and various C-130s from Hawk... but no C-17!!! sad_o.gif

Yep, it seems there is only one C-17 by Hellden... sad_o.gif

I was almost sure that there was other ones, in some add-ons sites, but C-130 are majority.

After verification the other C-17 I have is not a C-17, it's the C-1 from BOH mod. I must clean my eyes ghostface.gif

Many Globemasters exist in other combat simulations, it's the main plane used by paratroopers at the present time in US, so why only two exist for ofp?

There's not C-17 used by France, so I think OFrP will not make one.

Sorry to post in the wrong place.

Looks like you'll be waiting for a better version of Hellden's, the latest beta model was ok, or Hawk's mysterious Globemaster.

A C-17 would be a good idea to have, since it's the only US plane that you can drive an Abrams on/off of. Even on a C-5, there's a problem with ramp clearance (a foot or something like that) so you can't simply drive an Abrams up onto it, but the C-17 was almost built around the Abrams so it fits fine.

The C-17 also has something with the flaps that give it enhanced STOL capability. And it can carry 102 troops or three AH-64A Apaches wink_o.gif

A C-17 would be a good idea to have, since it's the only US plane that you can drive an Abrams on/off of. Even on a C-5, there's a problem with ramp clearance (a foot or something like that) so you can't simply drive an Abrams up onto it, but the C-17 was almost built around the Abrams so it fits fine.

The C-17 also has something with the flaps that give it enhanced STOL capability. And it can carry 102 troops or three AH-64A Apaches  wink_o.gif

Are you sure there's more side room on a C-17? I've had to load my CH53 helicopters on both C-5 and C-17 in the past and if I remember correctly the C-5 had more side room then the C-17. Now the C-17 has more head room, I know that, but I'm not sure about the side room.

Hawk made a C17 also, that was way better looking and flyable.  You'll have to hunt for it.    Thats was on par with his other addons..

Hunt for it where? Just searched everywhere I know that are OFP addons, so far nothing... can you please tell where I can get my hands on Hawk's C-17, Bobcatt666??

BUZZARD @ July 25 2004,19:14)]
Hawk made a C17 also, that was way better looking and flyable. You'll have to hunt for it. Thats was on par with his other addons..

Hunt for it where? Just searched everywhere I know that are OFP addons, so far nothing... can you please tell where I can get my hands on Hawk's C-17, Bobcatt666??

He probably doesn't know. Attempting to contact Hawk might be a good first step.