Sign in to follow this  
ofpeditor

Cowboys of the Wild Wild East; Hiatus.

Wasn't entirely sure of which forum to post this in, so Hellfish or whichever moderator, if you'd please put this in the appropriate area, it'd be greatly appreciated.

As the US Military has been taking a bit step out of the limelight over in Iraq, the firm I am contracted with has gotten into a new theater. We're deploying to Iraq, meaning I'll be in Baghdad, Karbala, and Samarra and surrounding areas for upwards of three months, assisting in Rescue & Retrieval. Turns a stomach, but it'll get me away from fixing the house for a while tounge_o.gif  I wanted to write and let you know that I obviously cannot be an active part of the community, and I'm taking a hiatus until I return.

To my BAS mates - keep up the spectacular work, I'll be in touch and grabbing some photos while I'm over there smile_o.gif

If I find the time and get the chance, I'll drop a line from overseas. I hope to make a safe return here in a few months.

take care guys

Ofpeditor

Quote[/b] ]Use what you learned from the game man.

But remember in general the enemy will run for cover and not out into the middle of nowhere.

Keep safe man.

AFAIK ofpeditor was before OFP in the army so he is well trained.

Good luck m8 be sure to get back in 1 piece wink_o.gif

excuse me but in what kind of company are you ?

Because I 'd like to say that if you are working for one of these private company wish are working in irak and killing people who are fighting for their freedom we shall not respect you for what you are doing tha't a very bad decision.

But thanks to people like you some people will swim in petrol tomorrow , I hope at least you get good money for this.

wish you a good stay overseas and a safe return home smile_o.gif

btw:

Quote[/b] ]Use what you learned from the game man.

lmao, you definately need to hand out some free drugs here wink_o.gif

unclesam.gif

Good luck man, keep safe and we'll see you when you return.

@Simba... I have a lot I could say but I'll just keep it short. You sound like a fool please delete your post and never post here again.

sputnik : I'd be very happy you explain me your point of vieuw about those things , many people are interested in reason the reason why young people go fight in Irak.

Simba, I would really like to speak my mind to you, but I'll keep this nice. OE is a friend of mine, so I will not tarnish this thread, but will kindly point out to you that OE is not a combatant, but works in hostage rescue. Re-read the post. Better yet, I'll post it for you.

"I'll be in Baghdad, Karbala, and Samarra and surrounding areas for upwards of three months, assisting in Rescue & Retrieval."

Take care, OE! smile_o.gif

And get lost, simba, you're acting ridiculous.icon8.gif

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys and avon, ma'am. Ebud! Enjoy the married life!

Addressing simba:

I work for a company whose mission, as Ebud pointed out, is to perform and assist in rescue and retrieval operations. Meaning, if a person is taken hostage, this case in Iraq, we could very well have an integral part in getting that person back safely, working alongside the US Military and other groups brought over for the same or similar purposes. Notice I said "getting that person back safely," not killing civilians for the sake of killing civilians.

In my hands, yes, I do carry a gun. Just as you would in a hostile environment. But turn me around, and you might notice I carry a medical pack. Why? Because I've spent a large part of my life in the pursuit to preserve life, not to take it. Yes, I will deliver a swift fist of justice, but I will never waver to offer a soft touch of health. I'm not going to waste another minute entertaining your thoughts there, hoss, but I'm sure after three months of time over there I'll be able to put even more of it into perspective for you. And by the way simba, I'm not a young guy. I'm into my 30s now. smile_o.gif

Thanks again to all of your encouraging words.

Take care!

my goal is absolutely not to cause trouble in this forum or to attack ofpeditor ,i recognize that his job in irak is different than the job of security guards or business man and if he really will be rescuing people I agree to say that my words were to strong against him and i apology.

But i want to make something very clear to you and i would be delighted to hear you peacefull opinion about the war in Irak, the usa army and the private companies that are working over there to spoil these people and not to establish democraty or find Mass destruction weapons , I was very disapointed by a community that i thought cultered and fair (in most case at least) but didn't heard lot's of remarks in this forum about this war.

Now will the people who insult me justify their words because they seem pretty sure about what they are saying as

they didn't give me any argument or are saying that I'm making the troublemaker.

I probably making a bit af politics maybee it's not very well seen on this forum but i don't care you know , as people are dying for dirty reasons i can do this little thing for them .

simba

Even if he was sent there to seek WOMD,that would be his orders and his job,what would he do ,quit?

Good luck Ofpeditor,have a safe trip.Hope you don't have to use your weapon,hope you don't have to use your medpack either for that matter.

find Mass destruction weapons , I was very disapointed by a community that i thought cultered and fair (in most case at least) but didn't heard lot's of remarks in this forum about this war.

Psst...

Look here

Have a jolly time in Iraq. Try not to shoot anyone who doesnt deserve it and dont forget to bring the suncream.

Look out for my friend Ahmet.

Have a jolly time in Iraq. Try not to shoot anyone who doesnt deserve it and dont forget to bring the suncream.

Sunscreen! DOH! I knew I was forgetting something!Beach ball, check, towel, check, speedo, check, M4, check, but the sunscreen? I was out of my f'ing gourd!

5 Day forecast: 115, 113, 111, 111F. Dry dry heat. I love it.

Quote[/b] ]Hey, maybe we'll see you on TV.

You never know. Maybe you already have! smile_o.gif

We rarely release information to the media under policy (blackout), and anything you hear or see is very well thought out and very planned. But like I said, you never know. So watch the television at all hours. Do it. I'll wave. So do it. tounge_o.gif

At this point in Iraq, the reason your face comes on screen isn't a good one. I'll aim to keep mine off it.

We're out of here come Tuesday, so any of you guys who've been in the sandbox already, drop me a line before then.

Cheers!