Sign in to follow this  
nyles

ATI x800xt

Hello,

a friend of me recently bought a new ATI x800xt graphics card and is regularily experiencing artefacts in OFP. The artefacts present themselves as poles that rise up into the sky. The colour is different every time, therefore it seems that these are ground or object textures that go haywire.

A screenshot can be seen here.

His system specs are as follows:

P4 3,0 Ghz

ABIT IC7-G

1 GB RAM

ATI x800xt

Win XP Pro

Cat 4.7

DirectX 9.0

He tried without and with varying degrees of anti-aliasing and antisoptric filtering and even downclocked the card a bit.

I know that this card is frankly new, but maybe there is someone out who experiences the same glitches.

Thanks in advance!

Is he using the latest patch? I think something like this was introduced in 1.94 but fixed in 1.96

Link works now, I accidently switched two letters.

EDIT: And yes latest version of OFP and everything. wink_o.gif

Hi,

i'am the friend of Nyles who has the problem.

Trueform is not enabled.

On some Maps i have this poles, on others not. They appear after 15-20 minutes, as soon as the map starts, or they don't appear at all. Everytime i play it's different.

greetz

MadPro

Hi,

some more pictures.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

I suspect the cause to be one or more OFP Missions, like Everon War and East Malden, played in the ESL.

Pic4 is in front of one of these poles.

Pic5 is directly inside the pole from Pic4.

greetz

MadPro

still looks like video memory problem, catalyst 3.7 ?

btw. i found out that 3Dmark2003 nature scene is good to check for errors, watch water surface before it zooms at turtle ...

Hi,

nature scene shows nothing like this. No artefacts or something.

I'am using Catalyst 4.7. These poles appear not on all OFP missions, only on two of all. Everon War and East Malden.

I have only problems in OFP, all other games, or benches are working fine.

greetz

MadPro

hi,

well same settings and updates (4.7) like you - only a 9800pro with 128MB - and no problems

rock.gif  looks for me like the card is out of function cos it's takes his time to our probs

... time to get *hot* for one/more parts of your card ...

if you can - change it ... imo

Hmm, would something like the -nomap extension even apply here?

Have you tried -nomap and setting the aperture size to no more than 64mb?

I dont know...

Rant mode on

I have an ati 9800 pro and I have had that happen 2wice b4. I have 4.7 catalyst as well. I thought that it was due to heat, but my cpu was at a low temp and the case is well ventilated, + the card's fan worked ok. remember I dont OC or anything like that.

it looked like this in game

ale1.jpg

ss

and like this in the menu and windows

ale2.jpg

ss

Whatever it is, it is time to leave ati for me......

Sounds like ATI has made it back onto to the Not-for-OFP-players list.

At least they're trying to be consistant.

i got pretty much the same thing below for sometimes

http://www.ale2999.supereva.it/aticrap.jpg

but now its OK as long as my driver is correctly installed

it is better for you to check all the setting about the display

i wonder if your hardward acceleration is setted 1 click down to avoid texture correption of windows, if yes turn it back full, if you did get texture correption while in window, you may need to compeletly remove the display driver and reinstall it

i had it on my 9500pro for some time and repeat the above for numbers of time untill i finally get it fixed, and it still sometime make a texture correption, its ok all i have to do is to shut the computer down and reboot it 5-10 secound later and it will be fine

i dont know if you have all the same problem as me did, but if you did it is better you try the above b4 you start bitching ATI crap, ATI this, ATI that, etc

What drivers are u using for your ATI? Moded or official

Are you using -nomap with an aperture size no more than 64mb?

The first image looks like the same bug as this thread, the second image looks like your GFX card is dying, I don't recall seeing such a screen that can be "blamed" on Opf, only time I've seen something like that myself is when I OC'd my GFX card too much, yes I know you said you don't OC, have you checked to see if your card is dying? i.e. run some extensive benchmarks with it? Especially some artifact benchmarks?

I've edited your pics so they can be hotlinked and will add them to your post.

Edit: Avon if you can't post something constructive in a troubleshooting thread then don't post. I have an MSI 128mb Radeon 9800, works flawlessly, same tale can be told by many ATI owners, no denying some people have problems but insinuating all ATI products should be avoided is unnecessary and inflammatory.

Hi,

without -nomap, OFP gives me a blank screen, same as with my ATI 9700 Pro, that i used the last year.

Appature size 64 mb doesn't work.

I suggest, that this problem has something to do with some maps. This problem appears only on two Maps. Different islands. Other Maps that are using the same islands as the two above, don't make any problem. Maybe some scripts are going wrong with my gfx card?

greetz

MadPro

First I would like to say I've never owned a ATI card so I don't have any experience with them.

To me the pictures Madpro posted looks like driver-issues to me.

The picture Ale posted looks like a well done video-card. Eventhough you're not OC'ing have you checked the gpu core-temp (if possible)?

I clocked a 6800GT way above specs (~440/1265MHz) and got a similar picture for a couple of seconds(before automatic reboot).

How can I check the gpu temp?

yea I play with -nomap on.

I was thinking in temperature problems as well, due to this happening only 2wice. but my cpu/mobo run at acceptable level even on high load (30-45 degrees celsius).

And just to let u know, windows also had a pattern like in that 2nd screenshot, and also the booting screen sad_o.gif (i cant locate the pics lol....)

I ran aquamark for some time, to see if I would get any artifacts, but I didnt, but I will try to obtain some artifact benchmarks now. What do u guys advise for that ?

, but I didnt, but I will try to obtain some artifact benchmarks now. What do u guys advise for that ?

Quick google search turned up this thread smile_o.gif

hi i use ATI 9800 pro and have no problems with driver Version

6.14.10.6414 in OFP

i use

P4 2,533 @ 2,900,

MSI 845 PE,

1024 RAM,

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS

WIN XP PRO SP1 DX 9.0b

HW T&L activated.

i had a similar probs with some other drivers.

maybe try out Omega Driver if you still have Probs with ATI CAT drivers.

your Setupscreen bug looks like a error of your Pixelpipelines, do you use a 9800 SE rock.gif with unlocked 8 pipes ?

TRY to uninstall your ATI driver and reinstall DX 9.ob then try CAT 4.1 and check out if it works.

PS: Not allways newest driver are fine for older Games.