Sign in to follow this  
sicilian

1.96a Server

Can you please provide us with any info on what is goin to be happen with this server version?

The added feature was/is really a nice one. But its totally pointless on such a small server group like the windows one.

Is there anything planned since the last 4 months???

Quote[/b] ]Can you please provide us with any info on what is goin to be happen with this server version?

I am sorry, but there is currently nothing going on with this version and there is nothing planned to be going on.

Ok, but its a pity.

Did you notice the wishes of a open source version for the servers? Wouldn't it be a nice idea?

Does BI think over this sometimes or ever did so?

Quote[/b] ]Did you notice the wishes of a open source version for the servers? Wouldn't it be a nice idea?

No, we cannot release the server code, as the server shares a lot of the code with the client (this is because it serves as the owner of AI units, and therefore as a client as well).

OK, than release the client! Make OFP open source. I bought OFP three times (CWC, red hammer, res, GotY and GotY budget - yes, I am insane) and I recommended it to 4 other people that all bought it too (one of them bought it also several times). They all would love an open source OFP and server.

You could concentrate on OFP 2 and the xbox version and the community would take over OFP1. We could need some enhancements both for the client and the server and we know you need all your resources for the upcoming OFP titles so there will be no further official updates.

Good idea?

I don't need an open source server or client, but putting out anti-cheat patches for windows servers only gets on my nerves. The windows servers are always out days or even weeks before the linux servers. This has been bad already. But getting v1.96a half a year later or not at all for linux is just bad.