Sign in to follow this  
Lifter

Scars' Leopard II A6 BETA 1

yeah but the texture quality is excellent... I'd like to see more from this guy! cant wait for the final

Looks really nice smile_o.gif Have to start up OFP and test this baby out.

great finaly a a5/a6 and its a good one biggrin_o.gif

some problems do :

sabot is very in effective(the gun on the a6 is one of the most powerfull in the world)

and the driver cant see if hes turned out rock.gif

Very very nice looking textures. Going to try it.  smile_o.gif

lovely addon, esp the textures, nice and crisp. 1 bug i found is, if i turn out as the gunner, the turret revolves, but i dont. Apart from that lovely addition!

o.O ... O.o

i like smile_o.gif

WoW model and textures are great. Just those crappy old BIS sounds must be replace and other littell bugs and evrything will be just fine smile_o.gif

Great texture quality, but far too unperdowered and under-armoured. The Leopard 2A6 was described as the most capable tank in the world by Janes Publishing. Yet ingame four of these against 4 BIS T-80's, u get an average of 1 T-80 destroyed for every 3 L2A6's...

The 120mm weapon on the leopard 2A6 should kill a T-80 in one good shot. Also these tanks come with active defense systems.

Great addon, just power it up a bit!

Thank you soo much I have been waiting for a Leopard 2 A6 for ages! Well Done!

Oh, and the Saudi Govt recently trialed this tank along with the Leclerc and M1A2 abrams... The Leo2A6 came out way on top, but of course, they went for the US product for political reasons.

A similar thing happened in Australia too i think...

i agree, model and textures are excellent but the config is just wrong, i put 8 leopards against 8 bis t80 and all leopards were destroyed and only 1 t80 was damaged.

Apart from starting with HE instead of AP and low armour and damage values, they simply are reluctant to engage enemy units. i hovered 50m away at 2 m height in my Hind while shooting at them and they didnt once fire at me.

I cant help but notice that this tank kinda looks like a merkava, at least the turret anyway.

I cant wait for one anymore, someone should make IDF textures for it.

But what do I know, even to me it looks kinda tall to be a merkava, and the chassis dont look that much alike.

@ killagee:

I thought active defenses were a feature on only russian tanks-by that I mean Shtora 'cos Arena is a piece of shit imo.

Oh and the chinese laser device on their tank, but am not sure if that fully qualifyies as a defensive system. I hear Bradleys have something similar too, but am not sure.

I cranked the gun of the leo a "little", from default of 275 for HEAT to 575, I left armor at 1200, I'll see tomorrow how the T-80's will fare, didn't really tried anything, just watched    biggrin_o.gif

Of course Saudi Arabia choose the M1. But that's more for the off-topic part of the forum...

As for Australia, I know they're leaning more and more towards the US (militarily-in terms of equipment), if you couple that with the fact that they're getting M1A1's, which are probably cheaper than the leo2a6,l you can see why it was as it was.

@adrenaline_red

It's nothing like merkava. It's plausable that the Lost Brothers will do a merkava, they just need to get up to date with addons-ie they're doing yom-kippur war units atm.

If I understood correctly they're doing work on a magach7b, I think.

Hope this eases the wait.

Oh yeah, I'd love a Merkava 4 with all the weapons, including the 60mm Soltam mortar, LAHAT 120mm ATGM, and seating for three dismounts.

Like everyone said the weapons are a bit weak. Make the damage times 4 on the MG and times 6 or more on the sabot same with HEAT. 300 shots to destroy a hummer with MG. 11 sabot in the side to an abrams tounge_o.gif

Anyway I know its beta and it will probably be perfect when you release it. Most important thing is, so far it looks really great. Very nice smile_o.gif

Apparently a desert variant is in the works too. I can't read Japanese.

desert.jpg

I'd like the weapons and armour values balanced against an existing mod teams tanks (ie DKMM/RHS/SIG's). Thinking about it, there should be a 'JAM' type thing for these kinds of values. Then all vehicles jeeps/apc's/mbt's/etc would be balanced. Don't mind me, just thinking with text. tounge_o.gif

Cap.

looking excellent m8, well done.

on the power issue some people are allready complaining about; make it a little more powerful,  but dont overdo it, keep in check with BIS units, as those are the standard.

i would recommend following settings:

sabot 120

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hit=800;

indirectHit=300;

indirectHitRange = 1.5;

for the tank:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

maxSpeed=88;

armor=1050;

irScanToEyeFactor=3.9;

class HitHull {armor=1;material=50;name=hull;passThrough=1;};

class HitTurret {armor=0.9;material=51;name=turet;passThrough=1;};

class HitGun {armor=0.75;material=52;name=gun;passThrough=1;};

class HitLTrack {armor=0.8;material=53;name=pasL;passThrough=1;};

class HitRTrack {armor=0.8;material=54;name=pasP;passThrough=1;};

armorHull=1;

armorTurret=0.9;

armorGun=0.7;

armorEngine=0.8;

armorLights=0.1;

armorTracks=0.6;

this will make its gun more powerful than our black eagle,  the armor would be the same, while its maneuvering speed is higher.

It should have no problems defeating a BIS T80 with those settings, and will be slightly superior to the black eagle, while still in check with the old BIS vehicles.

Hope this info will help you a bit more than the 'give it more power' statements i've seen here.

But in the end, it is your decision what you do with it, we will respect whatever you decide, but i do hope you will not go for the 'one shot one kill' type of addon, coz that only kills the fun in the game.

P.s. if you have no intention to change the values, simply disregard what i said above smile_o.gif

p.p.s I recommend you change the tracks to combattracks, not the rubberblock ones.

Rubberblock tracks are made for peacetime usage, so that the tank does not destroy tarmac it crosses/drives on.

Especially when a tank is sent to do combat in hilly terrain, those rubberblocks are taken off or dedicated combattracks are fitted. (much more grip)

regards,

Carnage

With tanks if you imagine in the manufacturing there is a triangle of Firepower, Speed and Armour all at equal percentages. You have to take from one to add to the other.

In the case of the Leopard 2, a little was taken from Armour and added to Speed.

In real life this is one fast bitch. Has a good gun. But would you be static whilst engaging enemy tanks in it, not me.

As to this addon and this guys work. Wow. Apart from the needed tweaks this is very impressive for an eighty percent completed addon.

correct tankie, compared to the cr2U, it is much slower, but has better protection.

......... but i do hope you will not go for the 'one shot one kill' type of addon, coz that only kills the fun in the game.

But its true to life. Defo for Sabot tank to tank kills.

yes and no though... not in the way ofp defines a kill... SABOT and DU rounds send shard, bolts, rods and uranium rods into the inside of the tank, basically demolishing the crew inside as it bounces around at high speed... but the tank doesn't blow up on one shot does it? (obv depends where u hit it i guess)