Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Doom 3 has gone GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying the Hell portion is 1/3 of the game?

Hell part is very short, then you go back to the mars station and to the mars underground dig site. And then the game ends.

My level change autosave savegames go like this:

Mars City

UAC Administration

Alpha Labs Sector 1

Alpha Labs Sector 2

Alpha Labs Sector 3

Alpha Labs Sector 4

EnPro Plant

Communications Transfer

Communications

Recycling Sector 1

Recycling Sector 2

Monorail

Delta Labs Sector 1

Delta Labs Sector 2a

Delta Labs Sector 2b

Delta Labs Sector 3

Delta Labs Sector 4

Hell

Delta Labs Sector 5

Central Processing

Central Server Banks

Site 3

Caverns Area 1

Caverns Area 2

Primary Excavation Site

Mars City Underground

Out of those 26 levels, 20 are in the mars station which is just too much when all of them look so much the same...

Okay, so I got 9 levels to go.

I'm impressed with the amount of gameplay-time this game has.

SPOILER!!!

I just did'nt like the part where you loose all your weapons when you go to Hell. Fortunately I saved the BFG for the two bad asses I encountered just before I teleported.

I did'nt use all the BFG-ammo but atleast I did'nt save it for nothing biggrin_o.gif

Keg, can you please explain how I'm supposed to kill the big guardian?

I keep killing his flying lightbulbs but he does'nt seem to take any damage from that.

Do he take damage only while he is spawning them?

I keep killing his flying lightbulbs but he does'nt seem to take any damage from that.

Do he take damage only while he is spawning them?

try kicking him in the balls.

It helps me a lot. biggrin_o.gif

Shoot the bulbs, and when its spawning new ones shoot at the light thing at its back, it turns red when taking damage I think.

Shoot the bulbs, and when its spawning new ones shoot at the light thing at its back, it turns red when taking damage I think.

Excuse my guys, but that's exacly what I don't like in monster games. "shoot him in the left eye, when he opens his jaw, with your finger crossed between your legs, when your crouching". How more complicated can it be?

Thanks, that worked smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Excuse my guys, but that's exacly what I don't like in monster games. "shoot him in the left eye, when he opens his jaw, with your finger crossed between your legs, when your crouching". How more complicated can it be?

LOL biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I agree. But when they can't make the enemies any harder they tend to go with solutions like that.

209.240.0.82 is a server Fraghaus set up. I dunno what the deal is but we played w/ 8 players last night and I thought it was a 4 player game. Maybe they changed some server config settings or something.

I hope someone makes a COOP mode for the game soon. Would be fun to play through the levels with my brother.

Just curious but there was a theroy earlier in this thread that you could shoot windows and vaccum the zombies out of it. Is this in the game? rock.gif

You can have more than 4 players in retail(no mods), I have played on a server with 8 player TDM.

And some mods for people wink_o.gif

My dad came home today with this game. Would just like to say this game kicks ass. AND, I'm kicking some demon ass on a Geforce 2 MX/MX Card! biggrin_o.gif

Although I'm probably still going to upgrade it tounge_o.gif

Vaccum the zombies out? But for that you would need outside terrain!  biggrin_o.gif

Doom3 multiplayer maps realy suck big time. Its fast and the beserk-mode is pretty cool, also, that you can turn off the light! But thats about it!

Doom 3 - Spooky Stuff I Say ghostface.gif

Really? I found the farcry monster levels scarier. rock.gif

I guess it was because I was in a big jungle were a monster thing could pop out at anytime. ghostface.gif But with doom3 I can estimate where the monster will be.

I guess it was because I was in a big jungle were a monster thing could pop out at anytime. ghostface.gif But with doom3 I can estimate where the monster will be.

Nah I'd say Doom 3 is at least a little bit scarier, but unlike Far Cry; Doom 3 just plays on the same tricks all the way through the game! I'm only on Recycling Plant #2 and I'm finding the game far too repetitive, to the point where I have not even played it in sevearl days. sad_o.gif

Nah I'd say Doom 3 is at least a little bit scarier, but unlike Far Cry; Doom 3 just plays on the same tricks all the way through the game! I'm only on Recycling Plant #2 and I'm finding the game far too repetitive, to the point where I have not even played it in sevearl days.  sad_o.gif

It gets better. Some levels are scary and some are just repetetive. Guess it's a better level designer that made the good levels or something.