Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Polish security force arrested in Sweden

Sources:

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=160142

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,504973,00.html

Explenation:

8 men belonging to a Polish security company have been arrested in Sweden, after having themselves arrested 3 men suspected of extortion. The three men were also Polish, and the security force was hired by a Polish building contractor working and living in Sweden. He had been the victim of extortion for quite a while and the Swedish police was unable to help him. So he hired this company, who sent 8 men in uniform, balaclavas and body armor to take down the three criminals. They apprehended the men in an apartment, dragged them outside and called the Swedish police. Of course the Swedish police didnt approve at all of this, and arrested everybody involved. Some reports say one of the security men, the leader of the group, has some form of diplomatic immunity.

In this case, I say the police should just let the security company do their thing. Swedish police has been unable to effectively stop these kind of criminals, yet they hit hard when people defend themselves. I know that this form of vigilanty justice isnt really a good thing, yet I understand the point of the businessman who hired this company to take care of the issue.

Food for thought: Is this something we might see more of around the world, as in private security companies from country A operating in country B without the support of country B's government and justice system? And if so, is it all good, all bad or a necessery evil?

For one, private security companies are just that, private companies. They have no right to capture suspected criminals, this is a strictly governmental right.

With one exception that is, and here in Germany we call it the "Jedermannparagraph" (everybody clause):

Quote[/b] ]§ 127 StPO: Vorläufige Festnahme

(1) Wird jemand auf frischer Tat betroffen oder verfolgt, so ist, wenn er der Flucht verdächtig ist oder seine Identität nicht sofort festgestellt werden kann, jedermann befugt ihn auch ohne richterliche Anordnung vorläufig festzunehmen. (...)

Without translating it completely, it allows us to keep someone captive until the police arrives at the scene, if we catch him in the act and we can't identify him. Both conditions are required.

Both conditions do not apply in this case, which makes the captureing of them by a private person/company illegal. After locating them, they should have called the police and everything would have been fine...

If the police/government of country B refuse/can't do anything about it, and if it's a serious enough crime, then I don't really see what's wrong with it(from a moral standpoint, not legal). smile_o.gif

We also have that in Sweden, called "envars gripande" or "any mans arrest" roughly translated. Means you can apprehend a criminal at the scene of a crime until the police gets there. I dont know if it applies to suspects.

I think it shows what we have done with what we r calling "democracy". We have been tieing police's hands for a long time and now those r effects. I'm afraid it would be more common in future (i would like police to be able to do this job).

I bet it was "Rutkowski's Agency" wink_o.gif

He is known of his actions in other countries, sometimes cooperating with polices there, sometimes not.

Quote[/b] ]I bet it was "Rutkowski's Agency"

It was indeed.

That's the problem with Police. They do what they can, that is not much.

Rutkowski is a show off but he often gets the job done. Sweds don't understand that, Polish do, how it is to live in transformation times.

LOL. Pretty bizarre, the whole story. The bizarreness is not exactly reduced by it all being part of a Polish reality TV show  crazy_o.gif Not to mention that Rutkowski is a member of the Polish parliament crazy_o.gif

Anyway, they were arrested for "olaga frihetsberövande", a bit difficult to translate but something like "illegal detention". But it looks that they're off the hook and will be released.

polsk_styrka425.jpg

65623802.jpg

Yea "Rutkowski's Agency" can work on every place on earth with permission or not tounge_o.gif

-----------------------------------------------

czy nie kojarzy to sie z sprawa w Czechach wink_o.gif

in sweden everyone is allowed to detain a criminal IF he is cought in the act, fleeing (until you loose eyecontact with him) or Wanted by the law... then you have every right to detain that person until police arrives... you may also intervene if you se a person being beaten or raped and it´s clear that the person is not in any state to defend himself... and you may use just as much violence as the criminal/s (but not more) as long as the crime comitted MAY give prision penalty

all this according the criminal law (wich most swedes dont know that well) this i learned under my conscript service

so this should mean that the polish guys broke that law and by doeing so became criminals (the ppl caught where not doeing anything criminal nor where thay wanted)

What I want to know is this: why would they call the Swedish police? They must have known what the probable outcome of that would be.

If some organized crime figures try to extort the businessman and the police can't / won't help, why turn to them after the takedown?

I'm sure there is more to this story than what we know so far -- there are too many loose ends.

What I want to know is this: why would they call the Swedish police? They must have known what the probable outcome of that would be.

I'm sure there is more to this story than what we know so far -- there are too many loose ends.

Apparently that's what that Rutkowski guy does all the time. It's like a bad TV-show from the 80's: "Member of Parliament by Day, Crime fighter by Night!" crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If some organized crime figures try to extort the businessman and the police can't / won't help, why turn to them after the takedown?

The business man never went to the police in the first place.

Quote[/b] ]If some organized crime figures try to extort the businessman and the police can't / won't help, why turn to them after the takedown?

The business man never went to the police in the first place.

Hmm... the original post said that "...the Swedish police was unable to help him..." -- to me that implies that he tried. Can you check the Swedish press and confirm this one way or the other?

Quote[/b] ]so this should mean that the polish guys broke that law and by doeing so became criminals (the ppl caught where not doeing anything criminal nor where thay wanted)

Not necesserily. If the three criminals were in the process of threatening or acting against the businessman, it could be considered legal.

Quote[/b] ]The business man never went to the police in the first place.

I am not sure, but I heard he did. Both through Expressen and Aftonbladet, but also through for example Metro and various news reports.

http://www.expressen.se/expressen/jsp/polopoly.jsp?a=160607

He went to the police one or two days before and filed a report that the three guys were threatening him to buy merchandise from them or get hurt, and to hire "black" labor. The security force then arrested the three later as they were actually doing this, and the police was called to the scene and the criminals handed over.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,505542,00.html

The extortion had been going on for four years. First report filed with the police two years ago, but they havent been able to help him.

ok, well.. if they where cought doieng something illegal then it was allright. the polish "security company" did in that case act according to law since it in fact can give prision penalty to threathen someone (if the threat have some form of base and its highly likely that the criminals will in fact try to hurt or kill the person they threath or someone in his family)

if there was no base in the threath, then it was illegal to intervene as the securitu company did (then it cant give prision penalty)

I am not sure, but I heard he did. Both through Expressen and Aftonbladet, but also through for example Metro and various news reports.

rock.gif Not according to DN:

http://www.dn.se/DNet....rType=6

Quote[/b] ]

Den 35-ĺrige företagaren är inte känd av polisen sedan tidigare, och har inte gjort nĺgon tidigare anmälan mot utpressarna. Polisen vet inte varför han valde att kalla in en polsk "insatsstyrka" i stället för svensk polis.

Translated:

"The 35-year old business man is not known by the police from before, and has not earlier reported the blackmailers. The police does not know why he chose to call in a Polish "strike force" instead of the Swedish police."

I guess we will have to wait and see. I am sure there will be plenty of investigations into this.