Sign in to follow this  
radiant

Cheat and cheat prevention discussion

O..M..G!!!!

SIcilian.......anyone please make an good filechecker, its imposible to play this game now. 9 games outa 10 will get destroyed and thats not joke.

i havent read all this posts , but can someone tell me if theres ANY hope at all to make a good filechecker???

stop over our forums and ban the IP's from our logs

we have a nice list of the losers IP's havn't seen much of any cheating scums as of late on our server notworthy.gif

<Link removed>

i strongly advise on taking down there IP's for banning pistols.gif

How many times must we say that IP's and ID's must not be posted on these forums? Quite obviously that includes links to such things.

i didn't post any ip or id in this topic at all i posted a link to my foums... that have them posted geee protecting them won't help the matter on the MP servers pistols.gif

And most of the cheaters have ID changers so you can't ban em. That's a big problem... Cheating has got so bad now that some server admins kick the peeps they don't know to solve the problem but it's obviously not the best solution.

with our Preset IP bans we dont have to worry about 90% of the TKC cheators

geee protecting them won't help the matter on the MP servers pistols.gif

I'm not protecting them I'm protecting BIS, as we live in a society of litigation and the ease at which a companies reputation can be harmed we must be cautious, if it's incorrectly posted on the official forums of a game that Fred Jr. is a cheater he might decide to hold us responsible for so damaging an attack on his character.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats why i love these guys! so, is there any chance to get a modified linuxserver as well?! we don't wanna switch to bills' closed os.

hey staff, thanx anyway notworthy.gif

edit: i have icq'ed sicilian a few mins ago and he told me, that ondrej had coded the patch in his spare time, and it sounds like it was the definitive final work for patching ofp1. he added, that there will be no linuxserver so far, whats makes me a bit sad about the whole good news. no linuxserver means for us, wrapping vmware around windoze what costs performance or going back to closing the server/kicking strangers/on invite only! im just a bit pissed, but whish to thanx bis anyway, just in the name of those running windows to host a ofpserver...

ok mr admin this webpage is in the country of CZ usa laws dont apply to CZ internet policy i dont know if posting ip's or ISP is iligle in Cz maby you know you live thare? my point is someone find out so we can post thare Ip and ban all of em! xmas_o.gif

don't discuss such things here pls. you need to read placebos' post twice to understand, dont you?!

that ondrej had coded the patch in his spare time, and it sounds like it was the definitive final work for patching ofp1. he added, that there will be no linuxserver so far, whats makes me a bit sad about the whole good news

To avoid any confusion and rumours, this is exact quotation of what I wrote on this subject in PM reffered to:

"I am sorry to disappoint you here again. I will provide Win32 server exe only - anything beyond this is beyond the timeframe I have available."

Everything else is pure guess-work and I take no responsibility for it. smile_o.gif

thanx for your statement suma!!!! however, i remember a song from underworld called "you bring light in!" smile_o.gif think the topics fits to the work you've done tounge2.gif

edit: i understand that your timeframe is running short, so there is definetley more than bits and bytes smile_o.gif called real life and women rofl.gif

that ondrej had coded the patch in his spare time, and it sounds like it was the definitive final work for patching ofp1. he added, that there will be no linuxserver so far, whats makes me a bit sad about the whole good news

To avoid any confusion and rumours, this is exact quotation of what I wrote on this subject in PM reffered to:

"I am sorry to  disappoint you here again. I will provide Win32 server exe only - anything beyond this is beyond the timeframe I have available."

Everything else is pure guess-work and I take no responsibility for it. smile_o.gif

awesome does this mean file checking will work again ? notworthy.gif

"I am sorry to disappoint you here again. I will provide Win32 server exe only - anything beyond this is beyond the timeframe I have available."

I hope you'll improve on this front for the future.

Nearly 45% (105 vs 127 now) of all servers are running Linux.

Currently we have to do lots of unnecessary work to catch the cheaters, like reverse engineering the network protocol to log who created that A10 etc.

Continuing support for only one platform will cause lots of unhappiness and distrust.

Especially when it's something so simple like compiling for another platform, atleast it's simple if the code base is good.

Please do it right for ArmA. confused_o.gif

ofp is mabye not that simple client server model you have in mind dude, so 'just compiling' on linux possibly needs more time and is harder to perform. maybe the whole code differs from os to os, so the different logfilestyles could be an evidence for this. however, lets just hope and those who pray shall pray smile_o.gif

i guess that this patch is no "support", its just cheerfulness to the community!

Quote[/b] ]"Currently we have to do lots of unnecessary work to catch the cheaters, like reverse engineering the network protocol to log who created that A10 etc."
wow, you have analyzed the whole packetencoding, or do you just read the unencoded chars, like we do to autokick/ban ids and ips when fakers, or stupid(*) cheaters arrive?!
Quote[/b] ]..atleast it's simple if the code base is good.
It is easy to be wise after the event. whistle.gif

(*) stupid in using the cheats

wow, you have analyzed the whole packetencoding, or do you just read the unencoded chars, like we do to autokick/ban ids and ips when fakers, or stupid(*) cheaters arrive?!

I'm working on decoding more packet types than just chat.

But it's proving to be not easy.

BIS are tricky bastards smile_o.gif

we do not read the chat, it seems to be encrypted (maybe i'm wrong here). we do just read and use those packets, which are definetely not encrypted, to protect ourselves from breaking the copyrights (re-engineering the packetencoding techniques in that case) wink_o.gif

we would need an official permission from the copyright owners to be safe and this of course is impossible during a time ofp1 is still being sold...

ehm btw: whats about id faking?! im interested in the way the hecklers' have coded this tool. doens't need this, some kind of re-engineering too?! tkc always says, they just mod the game with their cheats, but coding an id faker, needs to re-engineer the code in some parts in my humble opinion...

editË›: does anyone have tried to run the new windoze server under linux using WINE?! would be intresting to know, cause vmware needs lot of performance...

I just ahd an unexplainable event, no one cheated (at least not to my knowlage) but there was a message and crazy things happend

1) Messages apeared as sideChat saying:

Quote[/b] ]IM A CHEATER HAH HAH HAH

NO ONE CAN CATCH ME!!!

problem was... IT WAS UNDER MY NAME!

2) A hint apeared with info on getting cheat stuff, didn't think to get the web adress to track the person down untill i was kicked

3) A black screan appeared with more info on getting cheating stuff

4) i was kicked as the cheater

I'm really ticked off at what happened, it just happend not to long ago. I tried to reconect but i got this "Connection lost" message. then later i went back and there was the same people there. i was kicked again. so i tried again and got my slot and stuff (MFCTI 1.16 US Blue something-or-ruther, it comes up Delta). i argued for a few minutes with Assasin and homicide. homicide was the admin, and said if it happens again i will be kicked again. BUT I DIDN'T DO IT. Then i lost connection, wich was very suyspicious since i have Broadband. AND I GOT IT TODAY!!!

Notice:

1) the message was in all caps

2) The two people i can only remember was assasin and homicide

3) homicide was the admin and also logged in automaticly without voting

4) homicide's name was differant at the end in the player slots with a tag of some sort

so if there is any way i can prove who the cheater was or make it so i can protect my comp from cheaters that use my name please tell me!

no u cant ... unless the server would log a lot stuff, you could do it with ips and such ...

i think the new windows server fixed this issue ..

though this info wont help ya much too confused_o.gif

its a known cheat !

get the admin here to read it, thats all you can do huh.gif

This is the OFP Impersonator/Spammer a tool created by the group of tkc.

the new ofpserver is working fine with WINE, so idfaking seems to be stopped on linux as well as on native windows based servers by the release of ofpserver 1.96b!!!!!

just setup a XSERVER, route the signals to the VNC and startup the ofpserver1.96b by using WINE - the win32 "emulator".

...was tested successfully on SuSE8.2 by 1stG.U.N.S.!

we didn't have tested the performance with 30 players, yet, so i'll report more to complete this post!

wine: http://www.winehq.com/

vnc : http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/VNC.html

those gay cheaters are really in everygame nowdays. Only a few safe servers to play on. Really sad sad_o.gif

the new ofpserver is working fine with WINE, so idfaking seems to be stopped on linux as well as on native windows based servers by the release of ofpserver 1.96b!!!!!

just setup a XSERVER, route the signals to the VNC and startup the ofpserver1.96b by using WINE - the win32 "emulator".

...was tested successfully on SuSE8.2 by 1stG.U.N.S.!

we didn't have tested the performance with 30 players, yet, so i'll report more to complete this post!

wine: http://www.winehq.com/

vnc : http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/VNC.html

Really nice to know!!!

So even linux users get the advantage of updated servers and a more detailed log file!

Is there a this kind of anti-cheat pache for 1.46 Hosted Server?

confused_o.gif

Is there any kind of support available for CWC anywayz?

CWC is kind'a outdated, and thus not really supported anymore.

~S~ CD