Sign in to follow this  
CounterForce

AH-64D Apache

True, I only have experience in riding with Bell-412, but that doesn't change anything(my posts) regarding this topic.

Of course the would be addon maker will put whatever weapons he wishes on it, he's in title to it's his project.

But if an addon would come of this thread it wouldn't be so bad, would it?

That's right...the LoBo Apaches are going to have laser guns on it and 1000lb bombs!!!! Yay!!!!

Just kidding. Nah, but you're right. Stick whatever you want on it and if people don't like it I'm sure someone else will make a different and better version.

At any rate..the rule of thumb for weapons loadouts is that if you can find good references to a specific weapons loadout or find pics showing the weapons loadout you want on the same version of the vehicle you're doing, then generally people won't bitch about it... well at least not too much.

As for new features...I don't know about UAV's...its hard enough flying the Apache or being a gunner on the Apache without worrying about trying to keep a UAV from crashing.

I agree with what someone else said about the "pop-up" type missiles that a AH-64D could fire from behind a hill...but...I'm not sure if they'll lose lock or not once they go behind a hill.

Anyways, its worth messing with I suppose for those of you who enjoy pushing the boundaries in scripting for addons.

At any rate, my own mod will eventually make some of the D models (probably not in our upcoming air pack) but probably not without any super fancy scripts or anything besides the usual flare scripts and stuff. The little radar dish on top isn't rocket science to make.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The regular payload is:

8HF+38Hydra or just 16HF. Stingers are not normally used (except in games). You could make a payload consisting of 76Hydras and no HFs, but this is not common in the real world either.

Seems Apaches has really bad luck sad_o.gif

And we have to stay with what we have now sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I too took the apache from the BOH mod and seprated it from the mod. Quite a lot of work since you also need to change all the links in the scripts. I used the japanese model with the stingers. So now the US side also has stingers on the apache.

I used the BAS M230 from the AH-60L DAP ad added the swords and shield of the cavalry to represent the AH-64D longbow as seen in Iraq.

I can't release it since I don't have permission, but I suggest trying it yourself.

http://img48.photobucket.com/albums....64D.jpg

Kewl smile_o.gif

Is it really black, or it is just picture?

If u get all permisions, would u make other ver too? I mean without radar or with other oadouts?

It uses the same black textures as on the BOH' oiginal heli's. The picture is completely unedited, so it's darker than it would be in-game.

Other versions would be hard. Note the two 'boxes' on either side of the cockpit? The shape of those boxes is different on the AH-64A, for example. The shape for the boxes on the model is like on the AH-64D longbow. So I don't think I'll be doing other versions. The US will slowly update it's entire fleet of apaches to the D-version.

Other loadouts?

Right now it has two loadouts;

-16 Hellfire's, 4 stingers, M230 chaingun, flares

-8 Hellfires, 4 stingers, 32 FFAR's, M230 chaingun, flares

Those are the one most often seen on the real battlefield. I could make one with 64 FFAR's, but that one in never used in RL. I could also make a version with Sidewinders on the wingtips (instead of the stingers), but that project was deleted in RL.

When I do get permission (I'll ask) I'll release it. But I heard the BOH team is very hard to reach and their site is down.

U put on pic only one ver of lodout, so i thought there is only one smile_o.gif And i aggree - those 2 lodouts r enough.

And about differences - i thought about same model, only difference is removed radar for one.

So u would have 2 ver: AH-64D and AH-64D Longbow. Maybe not very real, but i think good enough.

The pods carries 19 Hydras each. That is 38 and 76 Hydras, not 32 and 64 btw