Sign in to follow this  
Brutal_Impact

The truth about Canadian peacekeepers.

http://www.geocities.com/famous_bosniaks/english/general_lewis_mackenzie.html

Somalia 1993: Carol Mathieus troops (elite Canadian Airborne Regiment) referred to Somalis by racial epithets and joked about hunting them as trophies. They hung Nazi and U.S. Confederate flags in their barracks, perhaps influenced by the time they spent training in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Fort Bragg is home to the 82nd Airborne Division, which included white supremacists charged in the murder of a Black couple in Fayetteville. Two examples: In the Somalia video, Master Corporal Matt McKay, a former member of the Aryan Nation, complained that he "ain't killed enough niggers yet." In the other, a Black recruit with the words "I love KKK" written on his back in excrement crawled through a gauntlet of blows and urination.

On March 4, 1993, Canadian soldiers shot down two unarmed, fleeing Somalis. Wounded and struggling, both were shot again from behind; one, Ahmed Afraraho Aruush, died. Two weeks later, a hungry teenager named Shidane Arone entered the Belet Huen aid camp, hoping to be fed. Instead, he was grabbed, beaten all night, and tortured to death by drunken soldiers.

In 1993 in Bosnia, Canadian military personnel who took over the Bakovici mental hospital shot at, raped, and battered patients; others engaged in countrywide black marketeering and fraud.

A few months ago, the press ran photos of Canadian military engineers in Kuwait posing with body parts of dead Iraqi soldiers.

Dec. 27, 1996 - Gen. Armand Roy, the deputy chief of defence staff, is fired after a military investigation found he received money to keep two residences. Roy 54, was ordered to repay $70,000-$80,000.

Dec. 22, 1996 - In a survey, commissioned by the Armed Forces, troops say they don't trust their leaders and view them as 'yes-men'.

October, 1996 - Gen. Jean Boyle, chief of defence staff, is axed in the

wake of document a charges at the Somalia inquiry. (Somalia teenagers were tortured and murdered by Canadian peacekeepers)

August, 1996 - Canadian military investigators head to a mental hospital in Bakovici, Bosnia-Herzegovina, to probe sex and drinking allegations involving 30 Canadian soldiers and four officers.

Capt. Sandra Perron, Canada's first female infantry was beaten and tied to a tree at a training centre commanded by the head of the army. With her boots removed, she was left sitting barefoot in the snow and repeatedly hit for over two hours, during which "trophy photographs" were taken. (The Calgary Herald, Dec. 31, 1996).

In May, Maclean's Magazine reported that rape cases in the Canadian Forces have been kept quiet for years. They interviewed 27 women who said they were raped while serving in the army. Days after the article came out, 11 more female soldiers, currently and formerly serving, came forward claiming the same. "The cases also reveal a culture -- particularly in the navy and combat units -- of unbridled promiscuity, where harassment is common, heavy drinking is a way of life, and women ... are often little more than game for sexual predators," said an article published by the magazin. The report includes harrowing tales told by 13 women who were assaulted. One woman who was 18 at the time, simply carried off during a party into another room guarded by other soldiers and raped. (Maclean's, May 25th 1998).

Their soldiers are racist, their HEAD GENERAL OF PEACEKEEPING is accused of raping 4 young girls, who were later killed and they rape mental patients..... yet they complain about how horrible America is for the Iraqi prison abuse....

Hmmm...well...

If you dig deep enough you'll find out apalling stuff like this about every country's military.

*slowly backs away before all hell breaks loose*

Quote[/b] ]If you dig deep enough you'll find out apalling stuff like this about every country's military.

Yes, but some of these incidents occurred within the last decade.

Heavy drinking a way of life in the navy? Wow, I'm shocked and amazed...

On a serious note though, I fear this is not too uncommon in the armed forces all over the world. Women in general have a hard time and I am sure there are examples of rape or bad treatment in other countries aswell.

As for abuse of civilians while on a tour of duty. Thats again not a strictly Canadian issue I am afraid.

On a serious note though, I fear this is not too uncommon in the armed forces all over the world. Women in general have a hard time and I am sure there are examples of rape or bad treatment in other countries aswell.

As for abuse of civilians while on a tour of duty. Thats again not a strictly Canadian issue I am afraid.

Its the fact that Canadians have the nerve to attack Americans, when they are doing worse things.

Unless you are living under a rock, Canada is considered the "nice" country, with low crime, no racism and stuff like that.

The reality is a diffrent story.

Yes, the actions of a number of armed forces units represent an entire country full of racists and violent human beings, whome under all costs should be invaded by a Coalition of the Billing, and the evil Prime Minister Paul Martin be dethroned and the country liberated.

Yep, I can smell it. I may be Canadian, I won't bother. I doubt anyone will care what I or others will say.

And on another note, with both my parents ex-military, my uncle, great uncle, step-uncle, aunts, grandparents(on mothers side), great grandparents(fathers and mothers side), cousins, great cousins, relatives, and friends who have or are serving the military, I can safely say that the actions of those people don't reflect the true professionalism and ability of our military.

Yes, the actions of a number of armed forces units represent an entire country full of racists and violent human beings, whome under all costs should be invaded by a Coalition of the Billing, and the evil Prime Minister Paul Martin be dethroned and the country liberated.

The actions of the HEAD GENERAL OF THE CANADIAN PEACE KEEPING ARMY speaks alot about a country.

The leader of the Canadian army, allgedly, raped 4 young girls in a Serbian RAPE CAMP, those 4 girls were later killed. (Witnesses include a Serbian prison guard of that rape camp, why would he lie in favor of his enemy?)

He is seen, in many videos, getting drunk with one of the worst Paramillitary/Terrorist groups the civillized world has seen since the Nazis. These people murdered 10% of all Bosniaks. Thats 1 in 10 people....

He wrote a book called "Peacekeeper", what nerve.

God bless the USA, the UN is a joke. Im not born in America, but I moved here and I have to say, even if Im not the biggest fan of the current president; America is still the best. They now know better then to listen to UN bullshit.  Just look at Kosovo, serbia tried to do the same thing as Bosnia and the UN was all like, lets peacekeep again!

The USA just said f*ck you! and bombed the hell out of the Serbian army, saving probably hundreds of tousands of lives.

(I hope you relize that the UN placed a weapon embargo on Bosnia, it said that Bosnians cant defend themselves, but the UN would protect them, 200,000 dead civillians later it says "we messed up" In one occasion, Serbs surrounded a town and told the Dutch peacekeepers to leave. The Dutch wanted to call in air support (this was a "save heaven" town, where Bosnians escaped for their lives)

Our good friends in Canada just said.. no.

The Dutch were told to round up every male Bosniak, ages 7-70 and then leave, they did as told. They watched over the mountains as the Serbs killed over 8,000 civillians, the worst act of Genocide in Europe since WWII)

I'm not saying those things never happened, and I'm quite sure those articles are speaking the truth. What I am saying is that the actions of those people don't represent the rest of the nation.

The actions of the HEAD GENERAL OF THE CANADIAN PEACE KEEPING ARMY speaks alot about a country.

Can you even give one argument that proves that this is true?

No you can't. You know why? Because it's bullshit... Things like this happen in every militairy American, Belgian, Dutch, German, etc

There are always some fucked up people among soldiers, there have always been and there always will be...

And i seriously doubt that it matters if that fucked up person is the head general of the canadian peace keeping army or just some soldier.

What you are saying is like us europeans saying "wow look at Bush, we think he's such a bad and aggressive president so every single american is bad and aggressive and we want them all dead!"

It just doesn't make sense and saying stuff like that is total bullshit...

I'm not saying those things never happened, and I'm quite sure those articles are speaking the truth. What I am saying is that the actions of those people don't represent the rest of the nation.

The actions of the major-general of the Canadian Army speak alot about Canada's Army.

The actions of the major-general of the Canadian Army speak alot about Canada's Army.

Yes and Bush his actions clearly show that every american is puuuuuuure evil!

rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Can you even give one argument that proves that this is true?

No you can't. You know why? Because it's bullshit...  Things like this happen in every militairy American, Belgian, Dutch, German, etc

There are always some fucked up people among soldiers, there have always been and there always will be...

And i seriously doubt that it matters if that fucked up person is the head general of the canadian peace keeping army or just some soldier.

What you are saying is like us europeans saying "wow look at Bush, we think he's such a bad and aggressive president so every single american is bad and aggressive and we want them all dead!"

It just doesn't make sense and saying stuff like that is total bullshit...

Im not saying that Canadians are bad people, Im just calling them Hypocrits. They blast America's Army for the Iraqi prison abuse, but their Army does things 100 times worse.

McKenzie is considered a hero in Canada and he is a alleged war criminal (he got out of the country when the criminal investigation started) Its a diffrent ball game when a lowly private commits a crime and when the head of the army does.

If Bush or Rumsfield PERSONALY did somthing terrible, yes, it would reprisent the Army policy, but guess what. American generals dont do crap like that.

Yes and Bush his actions clearly show that every american is puuuuuuure evil!

rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

I COULD agree with you, Bush's actions could show that his "regime" is "evil" if you think he is evil.

but,

Bush never personaly commited a War Crime.

Sure I dont agree with the Iraq war, but there is nothing illegal about it.

I dont see anything Bush ever did that makes him "evil"

Only about 42% of Americans like Bush, the rest hate him.

In Canada, Lewis McKenzie is seen as a Hero. See the diffrence? The Majority love McKenzie in Canada, in America the Majority dont like Bush.

Quote[/b] ]Only about 42% of Americans like Bush, the rest hate him.

That's a questionable figure. I'd say it's safer to say things are about 50/50. As far as being evil, a U.S. President is what the media makes him, not what the people do. During the Clinton scandals the media supported Clinton, and wa-la his approval rating soared. Same with Bush and 9/11, the media frenzy at the onset of the war in Iraq (in which all the mass media in the U.S. jumped on the war bandwagon so they could get a piece of the action = profit). Now that the media is Vietnamizing the war in Iraq, Bush's approval rating is slumping. Sadly the average American is esentially a political idiot and relies soley on the conventional media to make decisions at the polls. Fortunately we have people like Michael Moore to unintentionally make the left look stupid.

Quote[/b] ]On March 4, 1993, Canadian soldiers shot down two unarmed, fleeing Somalis. Wounded and struggling, both were shot again from behind; one, Ahmed Afraraho Aruush, died. Two weeks later, a hungry teenager named Shidane Arone entered the Belet Huen aid camp, hoping to be fed. Instead, he was grabbed, beaten all night, and tortured to death by drunken soldiers.

That story isn´t true.

The two guys wanted to get into the Belet Huen camp near the ammo storage and were warned and finally shot at. Business as usual. You just can´t allow people cutting through the wire near the ammo depot. That should be clear to everyone.

And the teenager "hoping to be fed" did exactly the same thing. He managed to cut some wire and a flare that was attached to the wire went up. He had serious injuries when he tried to get out of the wire in panic. He was taken out of the wire but died of the heavy blood loss.

That´s the story.

Nice to see how the truth is flipped sometimes.

I´ve been to Belet Huen and I have not seen any nazi flags or KKK flags. Must have missed that.... rock.gif

I know that one of the dead ones was presented to the other Somalis from the little tower in the camp to show them what will happen to them if they enter the camp.

Sure it was cruel, but it made clear to the Somalis that the wire is an ultimate border noone can cross unpunished.

And it worked. There was only one incident with a dead Somali at Belet Huen after these.

Quote[/b] ]On March 4, 1993, Canadian soldiers shot down two unarmed, fleeing Somalis. Wounded and struggling, both were shot again from behind; one, Ahmed Afraraho Aruush, died. Two weeks later, a hungry teenager named Shidane Arone entered the Belet Huen aid camp, hoping to be fed. Instead, he was grabbed, beaten all night, and tortured to death by drunken soldiers.

That story isn´t true.

The two guys wanted to get into the Belet Huen camp near the ammo storage and were warned and finally shot at. Business as usual. You just can´t allow people cutting through the wire near the ammo depot. That should be clear to everyone.

And the teenager "hoping to be fed" did exactly the same thing. He managed to cut some wire and a flare that was attached to the wire went up. He had serious injuries when he tried to get out of the wire in panic. He was taken out of the wire but died of the heavy blood loss.

That´s the story.

Nice to see how the truth is flipped sometimes.

I´ve been to Belet Huen and I have not seen any nazi flags or KKK flags. Must have missed that....   rock.gif

I know that one of the dead ones was presented to the other Somalis from the little tower in the camp to show them what will happen to them if they enter the camp.

Sure it was cruel, but it made clear to the Somalis that the wire is an ultimate border noone can cross unpunished.

And it worked. There was only one incident with a dead Somali at Belet Huen after these.

The main problem here is that the leader of the Canadian army over there.

Anyway, just about all the other facts are true. Can you give a link to what happend "for real" at that camp.

Well, I thought is was the way of life of the Bundeswehr and that we got a TM on that... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The main problem here is that the leader of the Canadian army over there.

Anyway, just about all the other facts are true. Can you give a link to what happend "for real" at that camp.

Can you give any links that prove the guilt of the Canadian officer in question? Some proof would be nice.

And no, the account of just one Serbian prison guard doesnt quite cut it.

Quote[/b] ]Can you give a link to what happend "for real" at that camp.

No I only can tell you from my personal experiences there and in Mogadishu.

What specifically do you want to know ?

I mean, I´ve been there for a total of 6 months, it would be a bit hard to sum that up wink_o.gif

I'm happy to allow free and open discourse of this topic, as long as the thread is moved away from the slanted, biased, one sided view it was started with, if that can't be done it will be closed, it would certainly help if sources beyond a geocities website could be found to corroborate such claims.

God bless the USA, the UN is a joke. Im not born in America, but I moved here and I have to say, even if Im not the biggest fan of the current president; America is still the best. They now know better then to listen to UN bullshit.  Just look at Kosovo, serbia tried to do the same thing as Bosnia and the UN was all like, lets peacekeep again!

The USA just said f*ck you! and bombed the hell out of the Serbian army, saving probably hundreds of tousands of lives.

LMAO. Yeah, that's what happened. And the military intervention wasn't American - it was NATO.

Instead of writing things twice, I'll just quote myself from this thread.

As for the NATO intervention in Kosovo, it was the right thing to do, but it was done completely wrong. I was with KFOR in 2001, part of a team doing a post-conflict eval of "Operation Allied Force", so I can speak with some authority on the subject.

From a military perspective the bombing was utterly useless. Very little Yugoslav military hardware was destroyed. The exodus of Albanians accelerated both due to the bombings as well as the Yugoslav paramilitary forces stepping up their cleansing. Plus a lot of Albanians were killed by NATO bombs (refugee convoys mistaken for military forces etc).

The last phase of the bombing was after NATO command had realized that trying to take out individual tanks wasn't working. And it was the bombing of civilian infrastructure: electrial, water and heating plants, TV-stations, bridges etc

The idea was to make life as difficult as possible for the people in Serbia so that Milosevic would be forced to step down. By that time the Yugoslav paramilitary forces were nearly done with their ethnical cleansing so Milosevic could back down. The last phase of the bombing is IMO not justifiable in any way and neither was the bombing of Belgrade. Had it not been the strongest western countries involved then there would have been talk of war crimes.

Quote[/b] ]I hope you relize that the UN placed a weapon embargo on Bosnia, it said that Bosnians cant defend themselves, but the UN would protect them, 200,000 dead civillians later it says "we messed up"

Our good friends in Canada just said.. no.

Do you know who insisted on the embargo? Let me give you a hint: it starts with an 'A' and ends with an 'a' as well. Yepp, the US was the strongest proponent of the weapons embargo.

Germany for instance advocated that the weapons embargo be lifted.

You have some very twisted view of the UN and what it is. If the UN is a "joke" it is because its member countries make it a joke. The UN does not have a military of its own. Had the world powers supported an intervention in Bosnia then there would have been an invasion. But all the major players including America did not want to go in, so nothing happened. In Rwanda about a million people were killed within a period of weeks and the world, would not call it 'genocide' because it meant that they had to act. And just like everybody else America championed doing nothing.

A counter example is the first Gulf War. Everybody loves oil and Saddam continuing to SA was unacceptable, so it was no problem slapping on the UN flag and charge. The Gulf War was a UN operation. It was what the major powers in the world wanted at that time so that's what the UN did.

Quote[/b] ]as long as the thread is moved away from the slanted, biased, one sided view it was started with

I´m on it biggrin_o.gif