Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I have GF6600GT and use driver 78.01. I can't use REFLECTION from DXDLL because then I have 10 FPS. On drivers OMEGA 66.93 is OK but they are old and are not suitable to new games.

Another dxdll querie.

How do i get to use that dxdll included dark water texture rather then having those silesians/llaumax water textures as i am using llaumax mod in OFP. Theres no option in the dxdll configurator itself.

dxdll water is bis original,it wont work with anything else, you just need to remove all the more_anim.pac (1 to 7) from your llaumax\newdata folder and rerun the .bat again.

Thanks for replying bonko but i nevr had any more_anim.pac files in my newdata folder (checked both llaumax original and pappys h2o ones aswell even though the readme with it says it adds new water but it doesnt? so effectively i dont have any new water installed) but i still wanna use that dxdll included one ive seen it one some pics in the OFP:CP thread so how do i do that?

66.XX drivers work good, but with battlefield 2 i had to install new drivers.. how i solved problem? Dont use reflections in OFP  smile_o.gif Lets hope for drivers that will work with reflactions.

I looked through most of this thread but didn't see this particular issue mentioned, so I'm not sure if it's something particular on my end.

I'm using Kegetys' OFP launcher that I got from his website, which works wonderfully, and DXDLL works great as well. However, I'm finding that when I launch OFP from his launcher, any screenshots that I take are not saved to the DXDLL\screenshots folder. However, the "Saving screenshot" message shows up. This happens whether I use PrtScr or App-F8 (and whether or not I disable the 'handle PrtScr' option in the DXDLL configurator). When I launch with the regular shortcut, the screenshots are saved properly. This happens whether or not I have any addons enabled (both the standard shortcut as well as the launcher with no addons selected).

Any ideas?

Thanks Ace, that did the trick as far as working around the screenshots issue. I'm still curious as to why this is happening in the first place, though.

Also, just noticed something else odd. If I run the game using the launcher, the "Disable UI" function doesn't work either. The readout says that it's disabled the UI, but everything still shows up as per normal. Running from a regular shortcut, once again, has everything working as it should. Any ideas why this is happening?

And to clarify, every other DXDLL feature is working as advertised, aside from the screenshots and Disable UI (well, reflections don't work, but that's probably due to my GPU).

I had a question can i use dxdll with the newest Nvidiadriver??

Because when u get a driver over 66.xx i had 10 FPS in the Game what can id do to solve the problem???

I cant check almost 80 pages of this topic :/ My problem is:

When I use dxdll and I go to desktop, if I want to go back, OFP crashes. I am using dxdll for long time ago and it started only about 2 weeks ago. Yes, I do a lot of things with my drivers, but when I go back, it is not solved. Any idea what to do (I know, maybe reinstall windows, but I really don't want to do that in a month or few).

Gah sorry for spamming the thread. I'll learn to read in future.

Hmmm dunno why this happens but ofp runs fine with dxdll installed but as soon as I remove it, it acts like its trying to detox but can't so it needs it back to run.

This is the error I get when I take out dxdll, its pissing me off lol.

fuckinerror5gy.th.jpg

Hmmm dunno why this happens but ofp runs fine with dxdll installed but as soon as I remove it, it acts like its trying to detox but can't so it needs it back to run.

This is the error I get when I take out dxdll, its pissing me off lol.

[mg]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3751/fuckinerror5gy.th.jpg[/img]

Hmm, try to reboot your system after removing DXDLL confused_o.gif .

Im sugesting this because sometimes when OPF:R crashes it breaks D3D from my system (no im not using DXDLL) and only a reboot brings it back confused_o.gif . Also be carefull where you put the dll. file (see readme file!wink_o.gif.

Didn't work but a reinstall did tounge2.gif You've freed me from dxdll but VTE still gives me that vid card error when i tried to load it confused_o.gif

okay ive got another problem after discovering DXDLL doesnt work on my system i was a bit pissed off since it looks great but now i thought i could try to run DXDLL with just the water reflections so i do but when i do i get some random colours on my game

when i actually go to play the game all works fine it comes up with the screen at the begning (where its got the cutscene and the buttons like single player etc etc)

everything in it looks fine but when i go to the editor open desert island and set my man near the sea to admire the new effects

the sea is black the sky is dark and the ground is very very bright

its not like this when i play without DXDLL is it something wring with my comp or to do with DXDLL

any tips ?

System specs? What's your video card? Because it sounds like your card doesn't support the shaders required for reflections.

Quote[/b] ]Because it sounds like your card doesn't support the shaders required for reflections

ahh i would beleive that is the problem i have a GeForce 2 and it does say that photoproseccing wont work with that so i persume the same with everything else

i also posted my specs in the other post you replied too so just check there just in case

im thinking of upgrading my system and would love this to work

ive got a Geforce MX2 at the moment so it wont work

will a Geforce FX 7800 work ? becuase ive got my sights on one of them

Yo people if you get that d3d error i added -nomap to my shortcut and that seems to sort it out

Can i use Dxdll+Reflections with the newest Nvidia driver?

My graficcard is a Geforce 6600 Gt and at the moment i have the 66.93 driver.... confused_o.gif

hi. i tried the newest nvidia drivers and had probs with the texture. they was placed randomley over the objects. so if i switched to desctop (alt/tab) and back to the game, they where correct for a short time, but after a while looking there and looking on map on compass and so on .... the probs came back.

so witch settings do ya have to run that correct huh.gif i have a 7800GT that should work i think !

plz answer fast, i spend hours in testing every new driver and beta driver , no of the new one worked !!!!

greetz

themaster303

im using nvidia's version 81.95 and no problem handling reflections

so you can use DXDLL with the latest nvidia's driver

Do u have the orginal settings from dxdll or your own??

So, Kegety, do you think it's possible to update this soon? Two things I'd love would be -

* No black horizon when flying high with a chopper or plane.

* No permanent performance when enabling reflections; The performance hit is constant, regardless of water being on the screen or not. Well, not that I would use reflections, anyway... way too laggy.

Yes that would be good X-MAS Gift to us wink_o.gif

I really glad to see a updated Version with..

..no massive performance drop by activated Reflections

..no crash by changing Resolution

..possibility to activate Anti Alias and PostProcessing together