Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I do not see the reflections of the water crazy_o.gif

Did you do these steps?

1. Extract the zip file right into your OFP root directory.

2. Go into the (dxdll folder) and run the Configurator.exe, then make sure to hit save.

Here is the location to the (dxdll folder) I’m talking about:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\dxdll

Also, you can’t see the reflection when you’re looking directly down on the water unfortunately but if you fly your helicopter low or walk around on the ground you’ll see the mountains, Boats and air craft reflections.

NOTE: I recommend turning off PostProcessing as it seems to make some textures way too bright and makes some textures appear blurred as many have reported.

To get to this menu, while in the game you hit your (Program key) plus the (H key) at the same time.

The "program key" is the key on the right side of the space bar two or three keys over, could be slightly different on your keyboard. Looks like a square with a small arrow pointing at the square on my button.

As a suggestion, I think it would be kind of interesting to see the sky’s reflection while looking down from a plane but either way I’m not complaining as these is a huge improvement to the game as it is.

http://mgiese1.home.comcast.net/water.htm

umm couple points. version 1.30 is in a musem now crazy_o.gif the orginal flashpoint is 1.46

secondly the orginal faslhpoint had differnt water then resistance. dxdll reads the file specs of the resistance water. not the cwc one

Yep, that nice sun reflection thingy that looks delicious with reflective water, i dont think it will work bellow 1.46, one reason in hundreds to go out and buy resistance smile_o.gif .

Got any tips for improving performance in this mod? I really want to use this mod, but it's such a strain on my FPS.

Got any tips for improving performance in this mod? I really want to use this mod, but it's such a strain on my FPS.

At least I have reflections disabled by default, in my experience they can drain your FPS even if you don't see water. The FPS hit isn't IMO worth it, anyway, I just use the image-quality enchancements like PP (I CANNOT play OFP without hard light), night fix, trilinear, etc.

THe one thing that really sucks the life out of my FPS is the Night vision effect. I probably need to turn it down a while. Other than that, everythign works dandy. Love using this thing in multiplayer.

wink_o.gif for some resaon this thing whant work on my comp(my comp has just been upgade so it should work? any y it not working

Quote[/b] ]for some resaon this thing whant work on my comp(my comp has just been upgade so it should work? any y it not working

A little more info about your PC hardware is appreciated... for eaxample: which graphic gard and drivers you're using ? How much RAM you've got ? and so on...

wow, i just noticed this thing does something really cool..

it allows u to set the MIPMAP LOD BIAS!

I currently have an ATi card and i dont know of any tools that allow u chage that setting!

For author: Is there a way to make a 'generic' DLL like this one (but not only for OFP) so that i can change the LOD bias for EVERY d3d game?

Awesome!

Ive got a 3.2Ghz Intel and an Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB Vid card and she's running at about 40-70 FPS. Larger scenes obviously drops to about 30-40. but about 70-80.

Water reflections wont work if you have LLauma sea and sky packs etc so turn those off. Possibly where some people are falling down.

in closing...sweeeeeeeeeet

biggrin_o.gif

Water reflections wont work if you have LLauma sea and sky packs etc so turn those off. Possibly where some people are falling down.

Custom sky works but not custom water.

For author: Is there a way to make a 'generic' DLL like this one (but not only for OFP) so that i can change the LOD bias for EVERY d3d game?

The mipmap lodbias setting might work for any game that uses D3D8, you'll propably need to disable all the other features first though... Also postprocessing might work with some games that dont use render to texture surfaces.

could someone tell me how to configure the programm.

my water gets black and the desert part looks like it is snow covered.

i have the Geforce 4 MX

512 DDR-Ram

I have a Kyro Hercules 3D Prophet I think...is there any reason I get the message 'Postprocessing CreateTexture failed!' and it wont work?

i found out now that if:

Enable postprocessing  and

disable postprocessing for map

are active it does not work

and even if i activate all of the rest the water is still black and the sand looks like snow

Quote[/b] ]could someone tell me how to configure the programm.

my water gets black and the desert part looks like it is snow covered. i have the Geforce 4 MX.

If i remember correctly Geforce 4 MX doesn't support pixel shaders or something like that...

So DXDLL won't work with GF4 MX card.

Geforce 4 without MX does support shaders as fa as i know.

sorry Tomislav... you are in the same predicament I was in. You just got to upgrade to card that supports the pixal shaders, like a new 100 dollar geforce will do the trick.

hmmm...

to buy a pc that works fine with ofp is too early,

but could you tell me with what graphic card it works fine?

Ge Force 5600 could be at reasonable prices and it has fairly good performance.