Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

@lupus[WD]

i have a 9800 pro and i can alt-tab without any problems. What are the version of your drivers??? Mine is 6.4.1.4.

i have also the same res and refresh rate than my desktop.

Could it be a memory problem??? dxdll could ask too much memory. Have you tried to reduce your ingame settings??

have no other ideas to help you.

Bonne chance.

Alt-Tab works with my Radeon 9600XT and Kege's GF4, and unless someone will send us hardware to test against and develop on, no other hardware will be supported.

If it doesn't work for you, tough luck.

im curious. rock.gif why all the hostility? DXDLL, FDF, and other threads ive noticed alot of hostility and rudeness from FDF members, for a community that loves and respects you not as a mod but as ppl who take time to do such work for free.

i understand that not every users is understanding, comprehending, or even polite, but you guys take no sides, you seem pretty rude to almost anyone, provoked or not. im not perfect, granted ive fliped out on one or two people. but i only flip out after every last resort is expended.

im sorry but i just cant see why you feel the need to adapt an iggnorant or rude comment to some of your posts. its not real life where u have to smile and wave, matter of fact its not hard at all to fake politeness online. now this isnt directed to you particulary, but to most of the FDF team members who feel the need to adapt such comments to their posts. now im sure theres times kegety would like to scream and hollar at the "i cant get it to work?!" ppl but he seems to maintain his calmness or atleast fake it online. so why must the most of you feel the need to do the oppisite?. please show a lil concern and politnes to those who use your mod. it goes alot farther then sarcastic comments.

now i can almost bet im gonna get a reply "omg i was only joking!!!" from you or others, and if your gonna make a smartass type joke then you need to add in " tounge_o.gif " this shows your joking.

im sorry but this has been buggin me since FDF 1.2 just too much of it from you guys, now oddly your diehard fans seem to take it in stride or completly overlook it, but i have to say something, someone has to.

Alt-Tab works with my Radeon 9600XT and Kege's GF4, and unless someone will send us hardware to test against and develop on, no other hardware will be supported.

im curious.  rock.gif  why all the hostility?

Huh? You think that we should go buy ourselves hardware just so we could make dxdll work with it, and if we dont, we are "hostile"? rock.gif

im curious.  rock.gif  why all the hostility?

Huh? You think that we should go buy ourselves hardware just so we could make dxdll work with it, and if we dont, we are "hostile"? rock.gif

no i ment the comments after that. the "tough luck"

that was rather uncalled for. and thats only an example. theres been alot of other more iggnorant comments like that. like i said your the only one who hasnt contributed to the hostility. . .

all im sayin is if your gonna make a joke specifiy, but the rudeness in some posts are really just uncalled for

no i ment the comments after that. the "tough luck"

What do you think it is then if not tough luck when dxdll doesn't work with some card? That we did it in purpose?

somehow i get the feeling your missing the whole point.

"if dxdll doesnt work for you, im sorry but you will need a better card" is a more approprate, more mature response

"if dxdll doesnt work for you, oh well" is rather rude and uncalled for.

theres a right way and a wrong way to say certian things, and alot of the FDF members (not all of them, bare in mind) seem to find the wrong way to say something every time.

all im sayin is mabe think about what your sayin and who your sayin it to, if your chatin with your freinds you can tell them "hey tough shit bud" and its funny, but when your speaking to your consumers, the users of your product, and future users that you want to use it, telling them "tough shit" is offensive.

now i personaly dont care, im just tryin to give ya a quick tip in professionalisum. thats all. smile_o.gif

all im sayin is mabe think about what your sayin and who your sayin it to, if your chatin with your freinds you can tell them "hey tough shit bud" and its funny, but when your speaking to your consumers, the users of your product, and future users that you want to use it, telling them "tough shit" is offensive.

Well, at least I dont really care that much if someone doesnt want to use dxdll or something else I have made, especially if its because of what he/she thinks is a rude comment or whatever. I do stuff because I want to do it and because its interesting to do it, not because I want fans or "customers" or publicity. I think most fdfmod members share that mentality with me.

Quote[/b] ]"if dxdll doesnt work for you, im sorry but you will need a better card" is a more approprate, more mature response

"if dxdll doesnt work for you, oh well" is rather rude and uncalled for.

I dont feel sorry for anyone that doesn't get dxdll working, so using the first comment would be lying which I dislike doing. The second example which you say is rude and uncalled for would be closer to the truth, which is what I would rather use.

Well in my case, i used to have a gf4 (like keg it seems), dxdll worked but not alt tab, at all... Now i have a ati radeon 9800 Pro which isnt that different from your 9600 XT in the way it handles what's needed with DXDLL which except for that alt tab problem still works flawlessly in game even in 1600x1200 high terrain details all post processing on with reflection and stuff :P

so, basically yes, tough luck.. and not as it still works, but i unfortunately cant really use it in mp as i have to alt tab to desktop quite often (Teamspeak, irc ...)

Hopefully, some day, i or someone else might come up with a solution/workaround...

I've tried to play in windowed mode, but hmm, for some reason OFP wont start in windowed at more than 1024x768 resolution, which is quite very low, especially in the middle of a 1600x1200 desktop ;P

+

there's still that pesky windows cursor flying around on the desktop and eventually clicking something out of the window sad_o.gif

+

it's possible to resize or max up the window after ofp has started, unfortunately, dxdll wont allow this...

I'll search again... wish me good luck, not tough luck biggrin_o.gif

Does it crash instantly you alt-tab out of OFP or when you switch back to OFP?

First case might be driver bug of some kinds, if OFP crashes when switching back to OFP then it might be somehow related to DXDLL.

What is happening is that when application is switched out, all non-managed (which OFP uses) Direct3D resources are invalidated. When application is switched back to foreground, it must release all Direct3D resources (textures, vertex buffers, index buffers etc.) before calling D3D Reset() function again. Now, DXDLL should release everything as that should be according to Direct3D documentation but since DX8.1 spec is so ambiguous on many matters, card and driver implementation might differ a lot in many small but important details.

This is why without having same hardware, with exactly same Direct3D + hotfix versions, driver and OS version, it is almost to debug crashes like this. Retail version of DirectX does not generally even tell you what went wrong, everything either works or fails.

theres a right way and a wrong way to say certian things, and alot of the FDF members (not all of them, bare in mind) seem to find the wrong way to say something every time.

"If you are not satisfied with our customer service you can have all your money back."

theres a right way and a wrong way to say certian things, and alot of the FDF members (not all of them,  bare in mind) seem to find the wrong way to say something every time.

"If you are not satisfied with our customer service you can have all your money back."

Hilarious biggrin_o.gif

AHH i need help!!! ASP

When i play ofp i get a trail effect and i cant see properly when i move the mouse..

LOOKS LIKE THIS

Trail Effect

Does any1 no how to stop it e.g what settings...

You can turn off postprocessing effects, I think that will disable it.

I know there's another way, but I can't remember what.

Does any1 no how to stop it e.g what settings...

1) Disable postprocessing

or

2) Switch OFP mode to 32-bit and set all texture settings in your display driver to "quality" instead of "performance".

First case might be driver bug of some kinds, if OFP crashes when switching back to OFP then it might be somehow related to DXDLL.

What is happening is that when application is switched out, all non-managed (which OFP uses) Direct3D resources are invalidated. When application is switched back to foreground, it must release all Direct3D resources (textures, vertex buffers, index buffers etc.) before calling D3D Reset() function again. Now, DXDLL should release everything as that should be according to Direct3D documentation but since DX8.1 spec is so ambiguous on many matters, card and driver implementation might differ a lot in many small but important details.

This is why without having same hardware, with exactly same Direct3D + hotfix versions, driver and OS version, it is almost to debug crashes like this. Retail version of DirectX does not generally even tell you what went wrong, everything either works or fails.

It crashes upon alt-tabbing back to the game , as stated in my first post, but it could still be a driver issue (settings like vertical sync ? truform off or by application ? quality settings ?.. who knows, so many combinations to try ).

I had thought of a memory problem of some sort as i sometimes use lots of addons and play in 1600x1200, so i've tried with a low resolution, low settings, no addons and got the same issue. There's some chance that it's not related to memory after all wow_o.gif

@ Aug. 10 2004,01:32)]

It crashes upon alt-tabbing back to the game , as stated in my first post, but it could still be a driver issue (settings like vertical sync ? truform off or by application ? quality settings ?.. who knows, so many combinations to try ).

I had thought of a memory problem of some sort as i sometimes use lots of addons and play in 1600x1200, so i've tried with a low resolution, low settings, no addons and got the same issue. There's some chance that it's not related to memory after all wow_o.gif

have you tried ctrl + esc ?

it should open up the start bar and minimze ofp rock.gif

What the hell is all the complaining about here? Clearly he did something that pushed the envelope of the game, of course it's not going to be perfect, it's bastardized, it's not built into the game. If it doesn't work for you don't use it.

[...]If it doesn't work for you don't use it.

rock.gif

If it does work partially why shouldnt i use it ?

Why shouldnt i try to find out why it does not work completely ?

Wouldnt it help if people share infos on reproductible bugs or crashes ?

And most of all here, what's the point of this intervention ?

@lupus[WD]

Have you tried Omega drivers ??

After installing them dxdll started working smoothly.

I even got rid of that annoying flashing texture problem.

Even latest Ati catalyst drivers didn't work for me.

I've got Ati radeon 9700

Also i can alt tab as many times as i need/want to...

i went thru the past 8 pages of this thread figuring it would be mentioned as a common problem but isnt.

so here's the thing, in prep for my new card arrivel ive installed the llumax skys and NVG minus the custom water, and when i did this is was like bam dxdll kicked back in full effect minus reflections.

but my problem is the overly white/ bright ground textures. i wouldnt mind so much exept for soldiers that are inherintly dark stand out on the ground so "hideing" is out.

i want to know what creates this effect so i could shut it off. in game ive changed every effect (cept post procesing which is shut off).

post processing is off so it cant be that. can someone breifly inform me which setting i need to change so my ground goes back to loooking like ground again instead of the face of the sun.

thanks smile_o.gif

Try decreasing the glare effect from the configurator?

Try decreasing the glare effect from the configurator?

glare is turned off too

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

showFPS=1

showStat=0

useTrilinear=0

forceNoNightShader=0

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=0

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=0

LODbias1=0

[Postprocessing]

UsePostProcessing=0

Force32bitPostProcessing=0

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=0

HardLight=0

HardLightSR=0.4

HardLightSG=0.4

HardLightSB=0.4

Desaturate=0

DesaturateSR=0.2

DesaturateSG=0.2

DesaturateSB=0.2

Glare=0

GlareStrength=0.3

GlareSize=3

GlareDarkenSky=0

GlareUseFade=0

GlareForce32bitBuffer=0

[Reflections]

useReflections=1

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=1

sizeX=512

sizeY=512

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=1

useLighting=0

maxCount=600

maxDistance=400

maxHeight=20

bumpStrength=5

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

dxdshot.jpg

this is what my terriegn looks like between the hours of 8am and 4pm. thats very. . . well fucked up would be the approprate term tounge_o.gif