Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Hi, this is regarding the water reflection.

I have a little "problem" with the beaches, or should i say in the coastal line (i don't know how to describe it). I've seen the same thing in several screenshots, and i suspect that it is there for most people. But then again, I've seen several screenshots without it as well so is there any way to reduce it.

I hope (but doubt) that this makes any sense. Any ideas? tounge_o.gif

Well if we knew what you meant.....

I've seen a problem only noticable really when your at Nogova Bridge, where when you move your "head" the position of the reflection changes. you dont mean this do you?

I don't know if DXDLL can be modified to do this, but wouldn't it be cool if objects cast shadows from artificial lights at night? What I mean is that when you are near a light source (car light, or street lamp) at night there should be a shadow cast away from the light source from whatever object it is illuminating. Unfortunately due to OFP limitations there are no shadows cast at night time. Another impossible task for Keg to solve...

Hi

I have some Tipps for the GF4 TI (4200) User out there...

Do not activate Anti Aliasing when Postprocessing is on (it will give heavy visual bugs)

When you use the new Nvidia Detonator 61.76-77 it beginns very hard to lagg when you get a error (e.g cannot load addon...) or when a MP-Game is beginning...

(The laggs comes when the Reflections are on.)

I don't now whether all Geforce 4 Ti (4200) Cards have these (Bugs) But maybe has anyone of you the same problems and do not know why

(i make pictures of these Bugs soon,when this helps to maybe fix these things)

But i mus say it's a great work from Kegetys and Feersum, My lovely OFP looks a lot better....

...thx for this great Addon wink_o.gif

Played on my 1Ghz Celeron, 512MB RAM, GeForce4-Ti4200 system and had really no problems. Some blurriness in the menus and such, but not really a problem, can probably sharpen that up I suppose.

All there was when using postprocessing, was a small hit to the framerate... otherwise, all good, those reflections are beautiful *sobs*

What program do I use to view the TGA files that Dxdll saves for screenshots?

Irfanview (version 3.90) is a really good freeware program free of any spyware, adware, etc...I always use it to add some effects to pics and make buddy icons and resize textures....it handles a lot of different types of pictures (including TGA) wink_o.gif

Please kegety , can you do a thing like this for poor people like me because I've just an old Nvidia TNT2 32 mo , and I don't have enough mony to buy a new graphic card sad_o.gif

Please think for us...!

I really wanna to play with DXDLL but I can't sad_o.gifsad_o.gif can you just do something like DXDLL for poor people like me...

thank you very much , waiting just for an answer

Spent the last 2 days building and tweaking my new PC. icon1.gif

P4 Prescott 2,8 ghz

ABIT IS7-E2

Kingston 512 mb DDR400

Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT

Maxtor 80 gb 7200 rpm SATA

It works great with Dxdll, I think I'll put reflections to default, thanks again. smile_o.gif

I don't know if DXDLL can be modified to do this, but wouldn't it be cool if objects cast shadows from artificial lights at night? What I mean is that when you are near a light source (car light, or street lamp) at night there should be a shadow cast away from the light source from whatever object it is illuminating. Unfortunately due to OFP limitations there are no shadows cast at night time. Another impossible task for Keg to solve...

That would involve modifying the game engine itself, which I don't think BIS would approve of.

You could modify the exe but I think you can achieve shadows with DXDLL, albeit to a limited extent. Keg & Feersum have hooked some of the DirectX 8 library functions and can manipulate the OFP display in any manner they see fit.

At its simplest, the algorithm could be:

1) Wait for nighttime. You could determine nighttime when "camera" lights/lens flare objects have been created, ie: when streetlamps are turned on.

2) Determine what objects are light sources

3) Store objects in collection

4) For each object in collection, create relevant shadow(s).

However, can you imagine the amount of work required to investigate what objects are light sources, and then render x amount of shadows? Then you have 3rd party addons, which wouldn't cast shadows at all... DXDLL wouldn't recognise them.

Regards,

Zombie Mod

This may have already been asked so apologies in advance if it has.  I presently have a NVidia Geforce3 Ti 200 card.  Will this card be able to handle this excellent addon?  

Either way, I may be in a position to upgrade my graphics card.  Could someone offer there suggestion for the best one to go for (quality being more important than economy). I'm running a XP machine with 1.25 GHz Athlon with 1.50 GB of RAM.

Cheers

Steiner

attn nvidia users:

i got a huge performance boost with the Nvidia forceware drivers...the latest ones released on july 27. people using newer nvidia cards that use DXDLL, or play with antialiasing should really try them out, i finally am able to play a decent game running DXDLL with postprocessing activated. biggrin_o.gif

I dunno whats up with this, but I actually get better performance with postprocessing enabled, where as before, I could hardly play with my old drivers. not sure which ones tho

im using a GF4 TI 4600

also, i have an question for other Nvidia users out there that recently upgraded RAM on their systems. if I upgrade from 512MB to 1GB of RAM, will this make a performance improvement in OFP?

also, i have an question for other Nvidia users out there that recently upgraded RAM on their systems. if I upgrade from 512MB to 1GB of RAM, will this make a performance improvement in OFP?

Definitely!!!! Go for it!!!

Wonderful work!

Is it much work to make a DLL file that checksum the inq-NVgoggles instead of BIS? If not can anyone do it?

need help just saw this and i still can't figure out how to insatll this thing. I read the readme but nothing seems to work

Hi

Please tell me is it possible to use now the DXDLL 1.0 with Nvidia TNT 2 last driver ?? wow_o.gif

need help just saw this and i still can't figure out how to insatll this thing.  I read the readme but nothing seems to work

you'll need a relatively recent graphics card. what kind do you have?

no no its not that I'm trying to make it run in the first place. For example do i need to make it run as a mod or do i have to do someting else. Doesn't really specify in the readme.

Quote[/b] ]Please tell me is it possible to use now the DXDLL 1.0 with Nvidia TNT 2 last driver ??

Sorry but it isn't.

Only pixel shader capable video cards are able to run this.

Quote[/b] ]Please tell me is it possible to use now the DXDLL 1.0 with Nvidia TNT 2 last driver ??

Sorry but it isn't.

Only pixel shader capable video cards are able to run this.

Note: Except GF3.

Hey guys! I am sorry for a stupid question but how can I unistall Kegetys' DXDLL? My pc is not capable to handle it. sad_o.gif

Hey guys! I am sorry for a stupid question but how can I unistall Kegetys' DXDLL? My pc is not capable to handle it.  sad_o.gif

just turn it off, I think

remove the .dll file from the directory, that's all you have to do

Even renaming should be enough, eg to d3d8.dl_ or something.