Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

aight, im using a Radeon 9800 SE with the latest catalyst

AMD athlon 64 3200 (@2ghz)

512mb RAM (a bit to low but i cant afford a upgrade right now)

btw, can you who run on Radeon 9800 show some screens how it looks for you and tell me what settings you use?

Weird, I can set the strength and the size all the way up and game doesn't get that blurry.

as i said, thats like the lowest settings, you dont want to se the highest....

no, wait.. thats the standard settings in that pic, but the ones i use now are not much better....

try to lower the size and the strenght of the glare effect

it dont support pixel shading... then it wont work...

That's an understatement, it's 4 generations behind the Geforce required. crazy_o.gif

it dont support pixel shading... then it wont work...

That's an understatement, it's 4 generations behind the Geforce required. crazy_o.gif

Indeed. And I thought my GF2MX was too old for OFP:R. crazy_o.gif

I think if you set your Direct3d Mipmap settings to "Highest performance" instead of "most detailed", things go blurry.....worth checking.....maybe you have it set to give the best performance, and with the dxdll in, it has to sacrifice more detail for performance........

......total guess, but i know i played with by mipmap settings and everything went blurry..... smile_o.gif

I think if you set your Direct3d Mipmap settings to "Highest performance" instead of "most detailed", things go blurry.....worth checking.....maybe you have it set to give the best performance, and with the dxdll in, it has to sacrifice more detail for performance........

......total guess, but i know i played with by mipmap settings and everything went blurry.....  smile_o.gif

Yep, worth of try. I was nearly in verge of madness once when I couldn't see those letters in briefing properly. Then I accidentally checked my Direct3d settings and noticed this.  tounge_o.gif

actually it sais "Highest detail" on the mipmap slider...

well, i have changed everything to standard settings now.

should i make a couple of screens with the settings

size 1.50 strength 0.30

and would you like them in daylight with all settings i use atm?

ok, this is how it looks,

PostprocessingON.jpg

Postprocessing on (size 1.50, strength 0.30)

PostprocessingOFF.jpg

Postprocessing off

i will now try and change to Size 3.0 and strength 0.70 to se if it was something with my graphics card settings...

brb :P

indeed it was a graphics card issue..

this is how it looks now with the settings stated in the previous post

newscreen1.jpg

Postprocessing on

newscreen2.jpg

postprocessing off

as you can see, the blurr is gone biggrin_o.gif

thanks guys, i love you now (not THAT way) and i think i own you one tounge_o.gif

this is GREAT!!!! (just have to lower the glare a bit, now its TOO glary) tounge_o.gif

Glad to be of some sort of service (even if i didnt actually solve the problem) tounge_o.gif

so what exactly did you do?

Glad to be of some sort of service (even if i didnt actually solve the problem)  tounge_o.gif

so what exactly did you do?

changed the settings on the graphics card back to standard.... :P

Meh, I know a retextured SU-25 when I see one. It's nothing special tounge_o.gif

Thx for help. Im getting a new upgrade on PC probaly in next 3 weeks. Its been giving me nothin but problems since i had that card.

I was fiddling around with my OpFlashPreferences and changing lod detail and object texture resolution and all of a sudden some parts of the DXDLL stopped working (like the WATER REFLECTION!) and now I can't get it back.

Not by turning the settings back, not by "reinstalling" dxdll.. nothing.

any sugestions?

Hi, can anyone help, when I try it, it crashes and says Postprocessing CreateTexture Failed!

I've tried turning postprocessing off etc...nothing works!

I was fiddling around with my OpFlashPreferences and changing lod detail and object texture resolution and all of a sudden some parts of the DXDLL stopped working (like the WATER REFLECTION!) and now I can't get it back.

any sugestions?

make sure you have not deselected direct3d hardware T&L in flashpointpreferences...

@ July 25 2004,00:45)]

any sugestions?

make sure you have not deselected direct3d hardware T&L in flashpointpreferences...

I have already checked :/ Thats not the problem.

@ July 25 2004,00:45)]

any sugestions?

I have already checked :/ Thats not the problem.

Did you check your texture resolutions for efects, etc under OPFR preferences rock.gif .

Hmm, i seem to be experiencing some strange graphical artifacts every now and then (spikes), sometimes the cloud textures start to look fubar'ed and then the artifacts invade my screen crazy_o.gif , i do have Llaumax but i did before and it only started happening when i instaled DXDLL and ran the sky installer without the water textures so i could have the original water textures and reflective water could work crazy_o.gif , it only happens rarely and alt-tab solves it right away but i still would like to find if this is related to DXDLL, Llaumax or a combination of both but i cant reproduce this bug since it happens very rarely sad_o.gif .

Are your landscape textures set to 512*512 pixels or more? The minimum for reflections to work was either 512*512 or 1024*1024, I can't remember.