Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

nope, I think postprocessing is the most valuable thing in this addon smile_o.gif most of maps are made far away from sea so reflection doesnt really play a major role for me but postprocessing is very good..colors look great - gives a nice feel to a game...

btw I almost didnt loose any fps, playing on AMD64 3200, Nvidia 6800, 512 RAM.

btw, can someone post values(postprocessing) for the most accurate and nice picture ?

and can anyone tell me WHY everything gets dull and blurred when i use post processing?

have a Athlon 64 3200 @2ghz

512mb Ram

radeon 9800 128mb with the latest drivers....

i also get this "ghost" or fade effect when using postprocessing (i have fade turned of)

i would really like if someone could help me find good settings

It's possible to see your own reflection when you are in 1st person view?

NKVD is Geforce 6800 good or Ati radeon cards rock.gif

I am going to buy new video card that keeps the FPS at good high value so I dont get slow downs.

The computer I want to use the video card is:

AMD 2600mhz

512MB

Video card<--- Going to buy when someone tells me what is good for a average FPS near 40/50 FPS wink_o.gif

So what video card I need I got enough money so no problem if it is a video card near 700/800 euro or higher or lower only thing I give is a good FPS wink_o.gif

NKVD is Geforce 6800 good or Ati radeon cards rock.gif

I am going to buy new video card that keeps the FPS at good high value so I dont get slow downs.

The computer I want to use the video card is:

AMD 2600mhz

512MB

Video card<--- Going to buy when someone tells me what is good for a average FPS near 40/50 FPS wink_o.gif

So what video card I need I got enough money so no problem if it is a video card near 700/800 euro or higher or lower only thing I give is a good FPS wink_o.gif

Graphic card is not all that matters. buy more memory too.

512MB not enough rock.gif

And for the system I am going to buy the video card is using Win98 AFAIK is 512MB maximum for win98 correct me if I am wrong rock.gif

I tried to reduce the memory to 1024MB but had alot of conflicts so 512MB out and put in box.

That's a point I would like to know too.

Anyone?

As OFP is only sending pilot view of soldier to Direct3D, you will only see headless version of yourself in reflection tounge_o.gif

Same thing happens with all vehicles, if you fly upside down close to the water you and look up in 1st person you will only see cockpit reflected there.

i got ATI X800pro and ATI X800XT with Catalyst 3.7 and DX9.0c

it seems it is often crashing ... but when it works it looks neat smile_o.gif

also post processing kills fps more than i think it should (if using ATI smartshaders it's max 33% hit here its 5x times) ...

also AntiAliasing is not operational when this type of post processing used ...

neat job guys, when we see 2.0 shaders? smile_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

neat job guys, when we see 2.0 shaders? smile_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

2.0 pixel shaders cannot be used as Operation Flashpoint is DX 8.1 program, and DX8.1 only supports PS1.4 at highest (well, they might work if drivers accept them but they aren't officially supported).

neat job guys, when we see 2.0 shaders? smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

2.0 pixel shaders cannot be used as Operation Flashpoint is DX 8.1 program, and DX8.1 only supports PS1.4 at highest (well, they might work if drivers accept them but they aren't officially supported).

was just wish smile_o.gif ... lol 1.4 should be enough to get neat things ...

i got question, what about supporting npatches for ATI cards? smile_o.gif

I have a

XP 2600+

512 DDR

GeForce3 Ti200

Sound Blaster X-Gamer Live! 5.1

DirectX 9.0b

XP Professional

I cant have any reflections at all!

Using the Default Water and Kegetys Sky!

The Sky Worked Fine so the Night Vision.. but the Water no change.. any ideas ...?? os the Gf3 isnt compatible with the Water!rock.gif

When I turn on the Reflection the Water turn to more Blue than the Default Color.. but no Reflection... any ideas??

http://img75.photobucket.com/albums/v228/AdrianoB/OFP/000180.jpg

Plz Help hehe

Any One???

Any one here has an GeForce3rock.gif??

NKVD have you tried doing a special ops night mission?  Can you say "OW MY EYES THEY HURT OW OW OW" the pixelation is very stange at night time but o well.

Anyways...my contribution using the screenshot util......

dxdshot1089920930.jpg

GeForce3 is theoretically supposed to support all needed D3D features but for some reason not known to us it just does not work.

BTW Im getting no lag at all on a Dell Dimension XPS Gaming PC with a p4 w/ ht technology and Nvidia Geforce FX

if you fly upside down close to the water you and look up in 1st person you will only see cockpit reflected there.

nice idea smile_o.gif

fdfhawk.jpg

the dll is sooo amazing, really, thank you guys smile_o.gif

GeForce3 is theoretically supposed to support all needed D3D features but for some reason not known to us it just does not work.

Humm i see... sad_o.gif

Damn it.. sad_o.gif

Thanks wink_o.gif

Great smile_o.gif , unfortunetly i dont understand german very well and i didnt see their names mentioned, also they could have put up a better pic.

I need to ask a Q as my Graphics card dont support this.

What height when flying a plane or chopper does the reflection dissapear or is it always there?

and

does it work with the setobjecttexture addons out there? or does the reflection have missing parts?

thanks in adv to anyone

Can anyone tell me the best configuration (I've 2 computer, one with a radeon 9200 and the other one with a ge force 440 mx)?

Do you like the "dream world" (glare)?

did the 440 work for your ? rock.gif

i noticed a weird bug, i havent read about it before... but well, maybe i missed some posts :

While flying choppers i was taking shots and being damaged, from sometimes, while i heard a bullet hit the hull the helicopter cockpit would completely disappear, i tested in third person view, the whole helicopter was disappearing from time to time when being hit...

after some testing, and being shot down i noticed that the helo had completely vanished from the death cam view, only its shadow was showing...

drawui0.jpg

.. as i went back to drawui=1, here's what i saw :

drawui1.jpg

looks like for some reasons dxdll sometimes "thinks" that the vehicle one is flying in is part of the ui (as it thinks that lense flares are...) and hides it...

NB: the smoke is removed too, and as a second thought, i was using ECP which includes some smoke scripts triggered by some eh when hit... does dxdll remove some types of graphics (2d?, decals ? ) or when they're close to the pov ?

does anyone else experience that ? does someone have enough time to further test with and without ECP ?

This is awesome..... Kegetys, I love you.

In, Ina Plutonic way, Duh

I ran it with ECP too and had some strange effects but i was too busy playing to memorize what exactly was wrong. I also had some graphical glitches when using ECP, but that just might be my old card being pushed beyond its limit.