Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Well what did you expect, either it works or it doesn't. smile_o.gif

I expected higher fps because GF6800GT is more efficient with shaders.

It is pretty stable at 50fps without and is all over the place (between 20 and 50) with the post-processing enabled sad_o.gif

Thanks for the redirect to page 9. I had looked at the first page where Kegety's said it wouldn't work on a Geforce 3 and skipped to the last page.

I expected higher fps because GF6800GT is more efficient with shaders.

As far as I know, most, if not all newer cards need to run version 1.x shaders in an emulation mode since they are designed to natively run version 2.0 (or 3.0) shaders which are somewhat different in design, which means that newer cards will propably not give you the kind of performance boost you might expect with old version shaders.

i will now show 2 pics of how it looks on my comp, both are nightshots and 1 is with postprocessing the other is without postprocessing

with postprocessing

Postprocessing_on.jpg

without postprocessing

Postprocessing_off.jpg

now, as you can see, when using postprocessing (and the settings Mr Burns use) it´s all blurry, and i get these ghost stuff (fading) although Fading is turned off

does anyone have a setup useful to get rid of this??? (it´s really annoying, can hardly se a shit neither in dayligt or darkness)

until someone can give me a solution for that i run without postprocsessing (wich i find really cool so i want to use it)

oh, and i run at a AMD athlon 64 @2ghz

512mb DDR PC3200 RAM

ATI Radeon 9800SE 128Mb

Win XP home

at 1280*1024 resolution, 32bit colour

So, will anyone try to add reflective effects to vehicles or aircraft anytime soon? Mr. Zig said that anything with the name "moreanim.01.pac" will reflect, or did I read it wrong?

I tried making a vertical plane, and it didnt reflect ANYTHING

Infact, if you looked at it, you could see the mountains BEHIND it, and it looked very odd. (AKA Doesn't work)

...alot of people with gf4ti4200 here :/

Thats because ti4200 is the card Kegetys uses, everyone sold their 9800's and 6800's because they wanted to be sure that DXDLL would work has good has it does for him or maybe they think it is the best card in the world because he uses it tounge_o.gif .

I got a similar error to what AvonLady had, the black screen that crashes to the desktop immediatly when loading the game. I tried reducing the resolution but still crashes. Here's a log of my most recent crash.

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\flashpointresistance.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sun Jul 04 17:16:09 2004

graphics: Direct3D HW T&L , Device: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.10.5216

resolution: 640x480x16, w-buffer

Addons:

Bizon in bizon\, Su25 in su25\, 6G30 in 6g30\, BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\

BISCamel in biscamel\, BMP2 in bmp2\, Kozlice in kozl\, Steyr in steyr\, AH64 in apac\

Vulcan in vulcan\, Hunter in hunter\, Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\

G36a in g36a\, BRDM in brmd\, Ch47D in ch47\, HMMWV in humr\

LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, OH58 in oh58\, XMS in xms\

BIS_Resistance in o\, Flags1 in flags\, MM1 in mm-1\, Bradley in m2a2\

Mods: RES

=======================================================

Date: 07/14/04 Time: 17:40:14

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0C3E07F0

Version 1.96

Fault address: 0C3E07F0 01:0002F7F0 C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d8.dll

file: (Game001)

world: Intro

Prev. code bytes: 74 46 8B 8E A0 03 00 00 8B 01 57 FF 50 04 33 D2

Fault code bytes: 3B 50 14 73 33 8B 78 18 8D 0C 92 8B 1C 8F 8D 0C

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:0016C180

ECX:00175EE4 EDX:00000000

ESI:0016C180 EDI:0C288948

CS:EIP:001B:0C3E07F0

SS:ESP:0023:0012F330 EBP:0012F350

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

Is this being caused by having DX9 or an old GeForce 2 GTS? If it is the video card, should it not crash on my other computer which has a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro?

I got a similar error to what AvonLady had, the black screen that crashes to the desktop immediatly when loading the game. I tried reducing the resolution but still crashes. Here's a log of my most recent crash.

Error stuff

Is this being caused by having DX9 or an old GeForce 2 GTS? If it is the video card, should it not crash on my other computer which has a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro?

It is because you have a geforce2 which does not support shaders 1.1! Read the readme!! Install it on your 9800 pro and you will have alot more fun. wink_o.gif

alot of people with gf4ti4200 here

its also because its a fair priced card for the performance you get... i couldn't afford Å350 for the top of the range one, so Å175 for this one is perfect smile_o.gif

I have been messing with the Waterbump and i have come up with 2 alternatives   smile_o.gif

rippleffect.jpg

Templates

waterbump0.png

waterbump2.png

Hi, this mod works great on my unmodded version of ofp but as soon as I try to start Pappy's mod, I get a crash to desktop. A couple of people have posted the same trouble but with no response. My system specs are:

P4 3.05 Ghz / 1 Gig ram / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Cat 4.7 / Windows XP Home / OFP GOTY 1.96. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

i think the DXdll only runs on the OFP standerd water anything else will crash. If Pappys mod uses it that is.

Everything works great except for nighttime effects. Without NVGs it is virtually impossible to see anything.. Campfires and other lights do not brighten the surrounding area as much as they did before. Any way to fix/tweak this?

Hi gotta say I love this little "mod" for OFP, makes riding in the zodiac more fun. But I seem to have a problem when post processing is enabled, everything is fine in game except for a large FPS drop.... i'm talking about 8-10 FPS drop from 25 or 30 FPS. Also after leaving the game and comming to the main OFP screen the intro anim for whatever island i was on is all messed up.... Everything appears black and models disapear and reapear for instance the FDF flag pole in the 1st intro screen. But once I get in game everything is fine except when I drown or crash into the water...... half of the screen turns black where the reflecting water should be and the other half shows the sky I tried without post processing on and everything was fine

SYSTEM SPECS:

DELL DIMENSION 8300

PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHZ CPU

WIN XP PRO

PNY VERTO GEFORCE 4 TI4400 128MB GRAPHICS CARD

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 SOUND CARD

2 HARD DRIVES 1 80 GIG AND 1 160 GIG WITH ENOUGH SPACE ON THEM

CD R/W AND DVD R/W DISK DRIVES

WoW, that is AWSOME!!!!!!! Oh my God!!!!!! gee, too bad my computer can't use it... rock.gif

But this has other advantages too. I don't know if it will work, but i think we should try to implement the reflection special effect into this biggrin_o.gif working mirrors would be nice and save alot of stupid AIs from being crushed and chrome reflections would make the truck even more beautiful.

pete2.jpg

@ July 15 2004,03:37)]Hi gotta say I love this little "mod" for OFP, makes riding in the zodiac more fun. But I seem to have a problem when post processing is enabled, everything is fine in game except for a large FPS drop.... i'm talking about 8-10 FPS drop from 25 or 30 FPS. Also after leaving the game and comming to the main OFP screen the intro anim for whatever island i was on is all messed up.... Everything appears black and models disapear and reapear for instance the FDF flag pole in the 1st intro screen. But once I get in game everything is fine except when I drown or crash into the water...... half of the screen turns black where the reflecting water should be and the other half shows the sky I tried without post processing on and everything was fine

SYSTEM SPECS:

DELL DIMENSION 8300

PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHZ CPU

WIN XP PRO

PNY VERTO GEFORCE 4 TI4400 128MB GRAPHICS CARD

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 SOUND CARD

2 HARD DRIVES 1 80 GIG AND 1 160 GIG WITH ENOUGH SPACE ON THEM

CD R/W AND DVD R/W DISK DRIVES

baz, baz, baz...

try disabling "sharpen user interface", text will be a little (a lot ? ) blurred but the main ofp menu screen with anims should be ok...

;)

give feedback if it has worked or not...

nope didn't work... get on WOP TS im on there right now IP is wop-squad.com BTW I can't connect to Gen's TS server for some reason. See you there soon I hope.

****EDIT**** I just ordered a PNY geforce 6800 GT so I think I can hold off the post processing for a while until It's delivered.

just replayed the last resistance mission where you going for the airport to destroy those SU-25's. i was still running thru the desert when suddenly the rain-texture became black and i couldnt see anything. as soon as i faced into the other direction (away from the water) everything was normal again, also when i've turned off the refelctions everything was fine.

another thing i've came across is when i'm using ALT+TAB to go to the windows dektop leaving flashpoint in background and then running any programm (Notepad for example) flashpoint just closes when switching back.

GeForce4 MX440SE  mad_o.gif

Nice work though fellas

damm like me sad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Damm me too all i get is the oil slick.

But great job any way guys, guess you have shares in GC market cause we all got to upgrade now biggrin_o.gif

I have been messing with the Waterbump ....

Me too, only mine shows as loads of faces blues.giftounge_o.gif

installed Cat 4.7 drivers and Res-Update 1.96 and still can't use many addons (blackscreen & ctd after gamestart)....

Addons that cause ctds:

- all BAS & DKMM

- Sebs Huey

- Cpt. Moore's Hueys

- Nam113s

- CBT-Addons

- CH34

There must be a solution for this cause i have seen many screenshots with BAS-vehicles - do i have to set texture resolutions to 1024 (using 512 right now)?

System Specs:

AMD Barton 3000

1 Gig Ram

Radeon 9700 np (Cat 4.7)

Resistance Vers. 1.96

But even with the ctds - this stuff is so great!

Quote[/b] ]Everything appears black and models disapear and reapear for instance the FDF flag pole in the 1st intro screen. But once I get in game everything is fine except when I drown or crash into the water...... half of the screen turns black where the reflecting water should be and the other half shows the sky I tried without post processing on and everything was fine

This happens on my 6800 Ultra in every cutscene or menu screen. The solution is to turn off Anisotropic filtering in your control pannel.

Of course that makes the picture even worse with the lack of FSAA so the better solution is to just use the APP - P keys when not in game.