Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

[imghttp://img32.exs.cx/img32/9756/HAHA.jpg[/img]

Heh.

It's a simple plane with more_anim01.pac on it.

So this means ANYTHING with that texture reflects.

Cooool!

I installed DxDLL and the "Reflections, trilinear filtering, sharpen user interface and handle printscreen key" functions are working great but I found that I had to completely disable the postprocessing or else the entire screen would double, the main part I could see would be a blurry ghost and the other part is expanded and moved to the far bottom right.  Here's a screenshot:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/dxdll_bug.JPG

Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB

I have exactly the same problem.

Radeon 8500 AIW; Catalyst 4.6; winXPpro sp1; OFP v.1.96 with no unofficial addons.

for radeon 8500/9000 users set under Postprocessing menu:

strenght to 0.10 (or different, depends on how you prefer it)

size 1.0

and it will work

uh how do you install it. Don't really understand how too do it. Just got Ofp, (still in some stores amazingly)

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/9756/HAHA.jpg

Heh.

Cooool!

so... doesnt that mean we can have working mirrors? different texture would have to be made... but u get the idea? working side mirrors on cars, rear view mirrors etc...

im guessing the authors could answer this...

Hell, put the more_anim.01.pac on the mirror and see! biggrin_o.gif

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/9756/HAHA.jpg

Heh.

Cooool!

so... doesnt that mean we can have working mirrors? different texture would have to be made... but u get the idea? working side mirrors on cars, rear view mirrors etc...

would it work also on transparent textures like the glass textures used for windows ?

Working mirrors on cars will be probably possible but if we use the same texture, it will be good to create a standard texture to use in our addons.

I don't think the same on windows glasses and on car surfaces, because everyone makes and needs different textures and the utility will have to be updated on every addon that comes out

It might not always get results you want, perspective of reflection will be f**ked up if it is facing any other direction than straight up.

For example, water texture mapped to tonali civilian with setObjectTexture will only result in funny looking civilian and broken shadows and weird black box moving around with cursor whenever there's water visible on screen.

wet_tonali_civvie.jpg

Why does fraps say your FPS is 13, and your FPS indicator says FPS is 24?!

And that sucks about the non straight up reflection sad_o.gif

Why does fraps say your FPS is 13, and your FPS indicator says FPS is 24?!

Saving 5MB file on disk takes a while and it messes up FPS counter in meanwhile, since DXDLL and Fraps use different time period for calculating average fps.

so non straight up mapping wont work... but mirrors are flat surfaces, so it could be interesting to see if it could work... especially on cars

Hmm, this mod or new graphical enhancement pack (sounds better) is awsome and left me thinking if transparent water textures could be made into OPF water, like they only show transparency when we are realy close to it? So we can see inside the water from upclose? You know see the fish, crocs and stuff, is this a possibility rock.gif .

The reflective water doesn't show up on mine either. I have a radeon 9500. The water actually doesn't even show up when I turn reflective water on. lol turning on debug now

Whats about a "little" bit "Bump Mapping" on Ground texture ?

Only a question ... because "changing anything of flashpoint engine is impossible" we ALL know tounge_o.gif

I love the reflective water, but I'm not so much of a big fan on the ¨dream world¨ effect.

How to make that disepear, with our turning the whole dll file off?

I love the reflective water, but I'm not so much of a big fan on the ¨dream world¨ effect.

what is the "dream world" effect? rock.gif

Disable glare.

My first thought was also dream world. tounge_o.gif

Disable glare.

My first thought was also dream world. tounge_o.gif

ah, the gta3 effect is the dream world effect. smile_o.gifwink_o.gif now i know.

I still have a hard time finding the perfect balance between night and day regarding the colours. At the moment I have hard light on 0,6 0,6 and 0,6. Desaturate desabled. Glare strength on 0,4 and size on 5. I like this setting alot during day, but  I find it a bit too dark during night. One solution is to increase hard light during night, but it would be nice if I found a good blend of settings that work good both during night and day.

Yeah, but in a way that is a COOL thing, because in real-life, at least in late 80's NVG technology, that is how it is!

Pitch black at night but put on your NVG's and it is a whole new world!

You actually NEED your NVG's to fly at night when you don't have your floodlight on, now! That is how it is supposed to be!

Thanks, again, Keg and Feersum!

And with reflective car surfaces it isn't so important that the surfaces accurately reflect, but that they simply reflect SOMETHING in a dynamic and moving way.

If Keg could make some simple textures of common car colors and program those into the next version, maybe those could be used for making reflective vehicle surfaces?

first,

great addition keg and feer... smile_o.gif

Only problem i have it the impossibility to come back from an alt-tab. i'll investigate that later.

Otherwise, maybe you've noticed "detail_dx.paa" and "specular_dx.paa" in data\ couldnt they be used for detailmap and bumpmap, and recognitions of textures/surfaces ?

Now i also have wondered about those "detailmapFactor" and "bumpmapFactor" for a long time now.. are they actually used, is it possible to modify them or intercept their values ?

and what about "misc\waveBumpMap.paa" ?

...hmmm just wondering ;)

anyway, glad to have that dxdll thingie, i finally can fine tune the ambiant colors and lighting out of this weird greenish bis light as reflective water is not what i appreciate the most in dxdll but all the other stuff... ok, ok, reflective water is fun too, but i dont have the hardware to make it nice and fast ;P

Since so many people are having problems installing this !! We have an installer based on our [LOL] Clan installer you can get it here . Hope it helps