Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

hmm doesnt work on mine time to buy a new comp biggrin_o.gif

I suppose this is a taste of OFP2   wink_o.gif   and how much I need to spend on a new VC   biggrin_o.gif

All effects there are purely DirectX 8.1 stuff, most complicated pixel shader used is version 1.1.

DX9 will allow developers do things which are on completely new level, especially on pixel shaders - unfortunately right now there isn't any hardware which could run game which would take advantage of everything DX9 allows tounge_o.gif

Great job kegetys!!

This is such an unbelivable work you did there.

But one question:

Is it normal, that particle effects (like rotor downwash etc.) aren't be refelctive on water?rock.gif

Is it normal, that particle effects (like rotor downwash etc.) aren't be refelctive on water?rock.gif

Only terrain and normal objects are reflected.

Quote[/b] ]I might be blind or something, but I can't see the reflective water!

When I turn it off via the command, my FPS goes up, but the water doesn't change.

I have a 9500 Pro video card, hmm..

Help!! Please sad_o.gif

Awesome job (though I haven't tested to see if it works yet)

Hawkreflection.jpg

Picture not made by me smile_o.gif Sadly I have a crappy GFX card, still.. nice work Kegetys and feer!

My card radion 9800 XT 128 mb ram. Good work! however anti alaising as gone and i can see jaggies.Please advise because this mod is brill

Well it doesn't work for me, and my card Does support 1.1 I know this since Halo looks nice and shiny. I have:

-Moved folder "dxdll" to flashpoint directory.

-Opened, modified, and saved the configuration.exe

-added to target line -mod=RES;dxdll

What am I doing wrong?

same as you milkman, except everything but reflective water works sad_o.gif

Can I reduce the laggy reflective texture, you mentioned in the readme, so they come faster? Is there a setting in the configurator? rock.gif

Milkman: I don't think you need to add dxdll to the mod thing. Atleast I didn't have to.

Very good job Kegety's. smile_o.gif FPS hit on my system(I've not tried any real big missions yet, though) on Nogova, was not noticeable. I have a 9800 120mb, 1 GB DDR, P4 2.4. smile_o.gif

What am I doing wrong?

Not reading the readme?

Quote[/b] ] might be blind or something, but I can't see the reflective water!

When I turn it off via the command, my FPS goes up, but the water doesn't change.

Did you try all the suggestions from the readme?

Can I reduce the laggy reflective texture, you mentioned in the readme, so they come faster? Is there a setting in the configurator? rock.gif

No. It's due to way OFP works and it cannot be fixed. Buy better hardware and it's less noticeable tounge_o.gif

I just wanted to add that it doesn't work on my Nvidia GeForce 2 Ti 64meg card either.  (Yeah I know some of you may laugh and make fun of me but some of us can not afford to be blowing over $70 on a video card).  The water is black and the ground is oversaturated as the ground textures are super bright.

Also if the enable postprocessing box is checked off, OFP doesn't run at all. Before anyone says, it yes, I read the readme and tried all manner of combinations of settings but still with the same outcome.  But hopefully one of these days when I got the extra $$ to upgrade my video card I'll be able to enjoy this fantastic addon.  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

All effects there are purely DirectX 8.1 stuff, most complicated pixel shader used is version 1.1.

DX9 will allow developers do things which are on completely new level, especially on pixel shaders - unfortunately right now there isn't any hardware which could run game which would take advantage of everything DX9 allows tounge_o.gif

smile_o.gif Heh, I think I need to form an OFP-Anonymous Addicts group before OFP2 comes out, I will need it. wink_o.gif (oh wait I'm here)

What I find nice about these screenshots you posted is that hte effects are not dull, as in stuff is not completely faded in colour, rather it looks revitalized.

*jeomk*

kegetys you are the man ! thank you

i´ll need to test now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Did you try all the suggestions from the readme?

I tried disabling some stuff, I HAVE T&L on, multitexturing, 3.7 drivers from ATI...

hmm

Superb work!  No problems found yet with my Radeon 9600 pro.

It feels and looks like playing completely different game.  blues.gif  blues.gif  smile_o.gif

OK I just increased OFP texture size and... WOW!

You da man! biggrin_o.gif

What am I doing wrong?

Not reading the readme?

Quote[/b] ] might be blind or something, but I can't see the reflective water!

Did you try all the suggestions from the readme?

No I read the readme, I think I assumed I was suppose to add the mod thing just because I do it with everything else. I am going to try this with BIS water texture, as suggested in the readme. Too bad it doenst want to run with custom water textures, I liked mine...

OK. When I disable postprocessing, OFP runs.

However, my major problem is that the land textures now come out too bright. OFP's desert island looks like it's made from vanilla ice cream, with bits of caramel interspersed on the ground.

I've tried tinkering but I cannot find a setting that will change this. Any suggestions?

What is considered the "application key"?  I can't figure out what you mean to make Screen shots without a UI.

My OFP doesn't even look like OFP anymore..

dxdshot1089661507.jpg