Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

@ BlackScorpion, 258 FPS? that's fantastic. What combination are you using all togueder again?

I'm using a 1.7 GB pentium 4 chip, 500 megs of RAM and a GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X and I'm geting an average of 60 FPS, and I thought it was good, lol.

I want to upgrade chip to a 3 GB, add another 500 megs of RAM, and get a newer GF card, but I'm not sure what.

I have no reflexions, but runing DXDLL I haven't noticed much of a drop in performance than without it.

I have an medium performance seting in OFP options, and I instaled the latest drivers and followed some tips from this topic, so it seems to run smooth without glitches, but I want more.

Regards.

@CERO.

AMD Athlon 3000+, GeForce 5600 256 MB and 512 MB RAM... Getting about 70 fps on start-up menu now (about 10 fps better than with a bit older Forceware drivers), max 60 on desert island. Remember, 258 fps was the Get Ready -thingy. But I was pretty amazed!

And I use the quality, not the performance drivers!

Do you get reflections with your GF card?

Is the only thing I'm missing.

Regards.

@CERO

Yes, but I get no reflections at all. I'm thinking now, is my card reflections compatible? yes, it isn't an MX.

I should be able to run reflections in my GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X, shouldn't I? I'll try now again. I didn't prested much attention to that part of the readme because of me thinking that my card wasn't compatible, lol.

Regards.

@CERO

No, I don't seem to be able to get reflections, but I haven't experimented any error mesages ider.

this is a copy of the final setings before I gived up.

notice that the reflection texture size I had it in maximum, but in this one is in minimum.

Quote[/b] ]

showFPS=1

showStat=0

useTrilinear=1

forceNoNightShader=1

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=1

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=0

LODbias1=0

[Postprocessing]

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=1

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=1

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=1

HardLightSG=1

HardLightSB=1

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0

DesaturateSG=0

DesaturateSB=0

Glare=1

GlareStrength=0.2

GlareSize=2

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=1

GlareForce32bitBuffer=1

[Reflections]

useReflections=1

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=1

sizeX=256

sizeY=256

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=1

useLighting=1

maxCount=507

maxDistance=400

maxHeight=28

bumpStrength=3

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

Regards.

@CERO.

you have to have land texture size same as reflection textures size

(both in configurators)

Oh gosh, it works, I just have to tune up for performance.

Thanks eestikas88, I own you one.

Regards.

@CERO.

Hi all,

Bit new to modding on OFP (but have been playing it for years).

Have installed Pappy's excellent Y2K3 mod and have spent many happy hours with the improved models, etc.

My next move was it install dxdll for those great water reflections. It has been extraced and installed fine but does not seem to work... no screenshots, FPS rate, etc

Wondered if you guys could help answer a couple of points;

Anyone tested this before on a Nvidia Geo-force Go 5700 128mb card on my HP laptop 1GB ram??

Does it work with Y2K3 mod? Nor sure if this add on contains a custon water that stops dxdll working?

Is Dx v9 a problem? can revert to v8 if so...

Thanks all, have read all 74 pages but am still unsure.

Cheers

Kieran

Sorry forgot to add no reflections - the main thing I'm after!

Game plays fine otherwise does not CTD or anything odd..

Thanks

You should have the DLL in the root of the OFP folder, and a folder DXDLL, with screenshots folder in that, textures, config.cfg and Configurator.exe

It's not like a mod folder

And it works fully with OFP and any mods, like Y2K3, FDF etc etc, it's not like most "normal" mods, i.e adding PBOs, and it runs on DirectX9c fine, and previous DX9*s too.

- Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben,

i have the dxdll file (with the for sub folders - sreenshots, configure, texture, etc) in my OFP file - c/programfiles/codemasters/opertaionflashpoint.

Am guessing where you say it should be in the root ,this file needs to be extracted to one of the other sub files within OFP??

Thanks

Kieran

Like this (104kb..)

I dont see why it wouldn't show up, if your PC can run Dx9 okay, I'm guessing it meets the required specs for DXDLL, and it should show up if the DXLL and config file are located right..

Good luck smile_o.gif

- Ben

Be Thanks for your replys mate.

Used rich_x installer on thread page 24 and it worked am now up and running!!!!

smile_o.gif Looks great - great mod!!!!!

Must have been doing something slightly wrong before.......doh!

Many thanks all.

has anyone ever had a look into the dxddl config? there is a line with

enhanced tracers = 0

i changed it to 1 and in my opinion the tracers got really better!!

pistols.gif

sorry dont have the time to add some screens at the moment and next time so just test it yourself if u want!

hay i just reinstalled ofp and dxdll i did not install yet, but if i do install it cant i just delete it if i dont wont it like i dont have to do something els do i? I just click on delete and its off the comp huh.gif

Erm, can you rephrase please? crazy_o.gif

You mean you've reinstall OFP, but not dxdll? Or you can't delete DXDLL after reinstalling OFP? Or.. erhh... *Shrugs*

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]I just click on delete and its off the comp

Yes, you can delete the files you inserted ("dxdll"-folder, and the "d3d8.dll"-file) if you dont like it

or you can choose the effects you want in the configurator, and unmark those you dont like

or toggle the effects ingame that you like (app-H to get help with the different keystrokes needed for the manipulation of dxdll ingame) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I just click on delete and its off the comp

Yes, you can delete the files you inserted ("dxdll"-folder, and the "d3d8.dll"-file) if you dont like it

or you can choose the effects you want in the configurator, and unmark those you dont like

or toggle the effects ingame that you like (app-H to get help with the different keystrokes needed for the manipulation of dxdll ingame) wink_o.gif

thx smile_o.gif

Well, here we go...

3.0ghz Pentium 4 HT

1024mb DDR400

nVidia 6800GT/256mb AGP8x

I am having a couple of problems with these effects.

When playing crcti, viewing the map inside the game causes it to crash with a memory error complaining about a code change being required with some insanely high memory maximum limits (something like 10gb?). I have tried the option to keep or get rid of the post processing when viewing the map. No change either way.

Also, ECP gives a memory read error when loading up with this DLL and crashes.

EDIT

I also see things flashing through the game from my windows desktop in the background, such as the clock flashing through when it updates and anything else the moves flashes through above the game.

@comradesniper

Have you tried using -nomap parameter when starting the game ?

-nomap stopped ECP from crashing, thanks smile_o.gif

I still have the other problems that i dont understand, things flickering through the game and crashing map in CTI sad_o.gif