Sign in to follow this  
dm

BAS Tonali SF and BTR-T

Once again Txs

For a Mod Team that retired you are giving us a LOT off addons lately smile_o.gif

To the bitchers: go make your own addons...or go play CS

1. and yes they do look liek RESKINNED tonal forces with different weapons.

eh kinda a disappointment.

2. and a rebal BTR-T?

eh i don't evne think tonal goverment could afford that

3. they are nicely textured but nothing extra special liek BAS past units.

4. and a side note.. gotta love the ba'athist loyalist er i menat BAS loyalist..

lol

5. but honestly I am disappointed at this..

1. Not even close.

2. It's a rental. If you had read any of the news releases you'd know that.

3. Play them first. The only special thing they have is random headgear and I wanted it that way.

4. Nice... real nice.

5. Then delete it and play something more appropriate for you. I don't like the FDF or CSLA mods, but I sure as hell don't complain about them.

That VBS looks awesome. Im definitely going to be getting it.

I just have one other question about it. Is it a game all on its own or is it an addon for OFP? rock.gif

That VBS looks awesome.  Im definitely going to be getting it.

I just have one other question about it.  Is it a game all on its own or is it an addon for OFP? rock.gif

dont discuss VBS in this topic.

yes Ebud you did a WONDERFUL job on thes TSF. exelent work smile_o.gif

about the BTR-T being a rental. . .

is that a rent to own? or are they just leaseing it. . and in 5 years trade it in for something better? also. . on the rental aplication which insurance checkboxs were marked off? collision, accident, and property dammage i hope tounge_o.gif

I think what he meens by rental is that it is in ownership of the mercanerie army paid to be a part of the tonal defence force.

I think what he meens by rental is that it is in ownership of the mercanerie army paid to be a part of the tonal defence force.

lol, he was just TRYING to be funny :P

And yes, the reason they could use a BT was because it was contracted to them. Cheaper than buying one smile_o.gif

lol, he was just TRYING to be funny :P

And yes, the reason they could use a BT was because it was contracted to them. Cheaper than buying one smile_o.gif

man, i wish i cound find a rental place where they let me paint what i get.

Anyway, great job BAS! Now that you got a lot more time on ur hands, show some pics of ur work to some ladies and go get laid...you all deserve it.

Cya in OFP2

WOW i love these units, makes a change from playing US or russian units and very high quality. ive always appreciated the missions you include with the addons.

thanx

Anyway, great job BAS!  Now that you got a lot more time on ur hands, show some pics of ur work to some ladies and go get laid...you all deserve it.

Cya in OFP2

My wife would not really appreciate that :P

These are awesome units. I haven't read the previous posts or descriptions so you can yell at me if this has been a repeated comment. But are the camo patterns influeneced by any real patterns? The leaf patterns reminded me of the old WWII patterns found on the German Paratrooper Splinter Smock. Anyhow great units!

I don't get it. BAS gives us some unexpected goodies and people bitch. Im not bandwagoning for BAS either. I just believe a person or persons that put it all that hard work and effort. To make a great game into the best game ever by creating new and improved addons deserves proper respect....not some childish remarks. I mean... get real....BAS has made some of the finest quality addons and have helped lead the way in pushing OFP to new heights. So please.....whatever your beef is....at least grow up and give good constructive critisism or shut the hell up. Oh and by the way ....these addons are great. As soon as they were released we put them on our server. Thx BAS ....great job biggrin_o.gif

The one green unit, woodland merc, looks like a cuban soldier. Hmmmm. Cuba island, mercs, seals evacuating people, ww3 my NIGGA, WORLD WAR...nevermind.

Deadmeat wished for this to be a nice thread, is that so hard? And that goes for both sides.

Anyways, the units themselves are great and I especially love the different camo schemes and the neutral mercenary nature of them, this means that they can blend into any mission in any country and you can make up their doctrines yourself, along with their history. You don't have that limiting baggage of detailed history and tactics. The BTR-T was a good choice, Earl's weapons aren't maybe the best suited for mercenaries, with their 5.45 mm Russian ammo (Practically not available outside Russia), weapons are top quality and ready so I guess it doesn't matter. I can always arm them myself. I would still wish a reskinned MD-500 for them, and for the addon to be unlocked.

I have yet to try the demo missions.

Top quality as always, I wish BAS success in any future endeavors.

Bug: running the TSF Tonal: Holiday SP mission starts off with a missing addon: bas_o error message.

BAS I don`t understand why you take so much sorrow in trolls comments.You are probably the most loved addon studio in the entire community that has a huge core fan base.Of course with there will always be people who sit up their arses and demand more like you are machines that live to serve them,they don`t diserve your answers,it probably hurts to know that this kind of people will also play with the result of your hard work,but in truth there is no FREE product that won`t get spilled with mud by those that are unapriecietive.

In the end the problem is their education having not learned that "when someone gives you a cookie for free you may not have to eat it but don`t tell the baker it looks like crap"

That said thank you,for the Tonali SF and your entire work that I full heartedly enjoyed and of course have a fantastic vacation.

Deadmeat wished for this to be a nice thread, is that so hard?

Obviously it is rock.gif

Thanks for these cool units and for making OFP more fun with the Tonal storyline.

See you in OFP2 wink_o.gif

Great to see these finally get released.

Ebud you did one hell of a job on these boys, especially with the textures, i have never seen such detailed work in OFP before, it was a pleasure taking pictures of them smile_o.gif

PS what happened to the hair on the arms?? biggrin_o.gif

guys these mercs are awesome, I just love the way they look. Thx for the great time u provided us in ofp1 and cya in ofp 21!

wuhee.. finally they are released thank you guys at bas

these are looking brilliant !

... now i can post some screenies too biggrin_o.gif

IMO this is the best release from BAS so far. Don't get me wrong, I love all your work. Just that these guys are so... well, damn cool! The textures are awesome, they blend perfectly on Tonal, it's just great! smile_o.gif Still haven't tried out the missions though. Expect some missions for these guys sometime soon. wink_o.gif

Best of luck to you in the future.

Thx for Cool addons!

But my disappointment is this is the last one which Bas team's

release in OFP1... sad_o.gif

See you again!

@Ebud: Just wanted to tell you these units rock, good job on the models and textures as well. I always had a passion for fictional units, and these are the top!

one word... outstanding.... simply outstanding guys

congrats on a job well done as per usual smile_o.gif

Next person who posts a nasty comment just for the hell of it can expect a 1 week break from the forums.

If you don't like these addons, you have 1 of 2 options:

1.) Post constructive criticism, suggesting what could make them better; or possibly pointing out a bug that hasn't yet been reported

2.) Step back from your keyboard, take a deep breath, and then live by the old axiom "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Quite frankly I'm at the end of my tether with people who whinge at addon makers just for the hell of it... mad_o.gif