Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Glow-Sticks addon!

KThere's a much easier way of accomplishing it though smile_o.gif

I've tweaked these a little bit, and I'll be trying them out with my squad for the next few days. Once that's done, I'll send the modified addon over to MrZig so he can release a new version of this addon.

The changes include:

* No burning sound from the glowstick object

* They come in bundles of five

* They take up pistol ammunition slots instead of regular ammunition slots

They should be tested and ready to go in the next two or three days, and then I'll send the changes over to MrZig ASAP.

Thanks Ktotte, I have also PMed MrZig and told him about increasing the bundle size. I did not know enough about config to change the burning sound and making it go to a pistol slot. Very nice

Have you tried

this fire ["Zig_Glowstick","ZIG_GlowStickBlue"]

I think that'll work, 'cause "Zig_Glowstick" is the throw for the glowsticks, and "ZIG_GlowStickBlue" is the "grenade" as you will.

Can you guys make it glow light onto the enviorment also?

I need this for my mission but it's pretty useless without it sad_o.gif

All the sticks currently light up the environment. The green is the brightest, followed by the blue, and red comes in at a third place.

Perhaps you have something wrong with your OFP settings?

Mine light up the terrain pretty well, infact i can see them from far distance in a helicopter, with or without nvg's smile_o.gif .

Can you guys make it glow light onto the enviorment also?

I need this for my mission but it's pretty useless without it sad_o.gif

i dont know why i keep having to repeat this. . . perhaps you never played with glowsticks

they dont "light up" anything. . sure they light. . but other then really close items such as a person wearing it, but wouldnt be bright enough to be used as a LZ marker. . .they wouldnt be bright enough to be used as a runway light. . they arent at all bright. . they never ever ever ever have been "bright" if u want an LZ marker. ..then you need a flare not a glow stick

in game they light up people and things. . for gameplay's sake thats fine. . . matter of fact thats pretty neat. . .but if you go makin this thing light up the ground too. . you basicly kill any hint of realisum this thing ofers. im not sayin make it 100% realistic. . but dont make it so unrealistic that its not worth it. . . you know, like make a humvee armored, but dont make it stronger then a tank. . .theres certin degres of fun and realisum combined. . . this is that perfect balance. . .lighting up the ground too will kill that balance. . .dead dead and gone crazy_o.gif

some peeps have never been raving it seems biggrin_o.gif

*gets his whistle, white glove and glow sticks out*

tounge_o.gif

MrZig just recieved the updated version, so I hope we'll see a new ZIG_GlowStick addon pretty soon smile_o.gif

Yup, now they last 2 hours, are brighter (at least I think?) and all the other features, (will be in readme).

Whenever Captain get's on tomorow (er, later today I guess, 12:40 AM), I'll get him to upload latest ver! (1.1)

some peeps have never been raving  it seems biggrin_o.gif

*gets his whistle, white glove and glow sticks out*

tounge_o.gif

Aceeeeeeeeeed Aceeeeeeeeeed

Are you on one, matey?

Sorry for the quick post the other day as i had to rush off.

When i posted the original message about replacing the "fire" sound with "empty" i mentioned it because it was what i myself did and it worked fine but in saying that i am running the ECP addon (not the new version) and this may be why it worked for me but not for others.

I remember doing something similar with the CATsnowstorm addon as it played the sound of fire when it was activated so i basically did the same thing with that and it worked (using the same version of ECP as above!!)

PH

New vesion - 1.1

=============

Changes are in readme, but I will still show them here:

Quote[/b] ]VERSION 1.1

==========

Changes include:

* No burning sound from the glowstick object

* They come in bundles of five

* They take up pistol ammunition slots instead of regular ammunition slots

* They glow for 2 hours now

Special thanks to KTottE for the changes!

Download link:

http://www.compit.com.au/captain/ZIG_GlowSticks_1.1.zip

Seems they r incompatible with new Laser's Deltas sad_o.gif

I know someone would say in RL they do not use them, but till real IR beacon....

Seems they r incompatible with new Laser's Deltas sad_o.gif

I know someone would say in RL they do not use them, but till real IR beacon....

What do you mean by, "incompatible"?

they are also imcompatible with the DPM troops - its all to do with what eventhandlers are on the units... ours don't support the glowsticks due to the eventhandlers... same with the deltas... we'll be rectifying that smile_o.gif

That sucks..

I wish I didn't need the EH for the glowsticks.. But such is life.

(And OFP limitations)

Actually, in-mission added eventhandlers should overwrite addon-supplied ones. So the glowsticks should work, but other effects tied to the units might be disabled.

very true... i'll play around with our DPM and see what can be done - unfortunatly our scripter is blowing shit up for a living tounge_o.gif