Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Glow-Sticks addon!

small yet great addon

but the glowing time seems to be too short, may be 10 mins would be more suitable

(any chance to see some more colour? there is a lots of different colour IRL)

I have a question...

Those screenshots don't show the Glowsticks having any effect on the enviorment (the area is not lighted) Is this just the screenshot?

I have a question...

Those screenshots don't show the Glowsticks having any effect on the enviorment (the area is not lighted) Is this just the screenshot?

the surface is not lighted

but objects and soldiers are

Thanks for all the feedback on such a small addon smile_o.gif

I appreciate it.

About the glowsticks not lighting the ground enough, well this is the lowest I could get it, and it's way too much:

Glowsticklight.jpg

sad_o.gif

all we need now is coloured lights, sort of blackpool illumination style.

a little excessive  tounge_o.gif

looks more like a uranium rod biggrin_o.gif

ooooh, nice idea - great for that police accident scene feeling tounge_o.gif

About the glowsticks not lighting the ground enough, well this is the lowest I could get it, and it's way too much:

sad_o.gif

well dont. . glowsticks arnt LZ markers, they arnt runway lights, thier the unconvential flashlight for the soldier stuck out in the middle of nowhere. this a small lighted object consisted of chemicals that light up when mixed. . .and are for reading maps, checking on something (ie: injuries), and MABE if a pilot is flying really really really really low, used for signaling .

thier lighting is so low due to the same reason you wouldnt use a spot light to read a map behind enemy lines. . .you need a small light source that wont attract attention to ppl that may be near by.

and in civi life: thier for weirdos, partiers, ravers, and ppl on LSD tounge_o.gif

Hey! Where's my credit in the readme?!

Original idea by: edejl

lol just kidding tounge_o.gif

sad_o.gif

well dont. . glowsticks arnt LZ markers, they arnt runway lights, thier the unconvential flashlight for the soldier stuck out in the middle of nowhere. this a small lighted object consisted of chemicals that light up when mixed. . .and are for reading maps, checking on something (ie: injuries), and MABE if a pilot is flying really really really really low, used for signaling .

thier lighting is so low due to the same reason you wouldnt use a spot light to read a map behind enemy lines. . .you need a small light source that wont attract attention to ppl that may be near by.

and in civi life: thier for weirdos, partiers, ravers, and ppl on LSD  tounge_o.gif

plus they get strapped onto the back of bergans for soldiers to follow while on night patrol wink_o.gif

I'm civ ;)

I thought about them only as "substitute" of IR beacons used in R/L, untill in patch 1.99 we would have "real" IR smile_o.gif

Mr Zig I say you make them glow anyway no matter how low you can make them... it's more realistic for the enviorment to light up like it's supposed to rather than not lighting up at all  smile_o.gif

Also if you are'nt going to can you tell me how you did it in the screenshot you posted? I just want to customize the addon for my needs if it's ok smile_o.gif

How do I get the Glowsticks to glow the enviorment in Oxygen?

Or is it in the CPP?

How do I get the Glowsticks to glow the enviorment in Oxygen?

Or is it in the CPP?

it would be via cpp

but i dunno the code off hand and im watchin Law & Order on TV so i cant look it up tounge_o.gif

Sorry don't have much time but about the fire sound on the glowsticks; all you have to do is depbo the file and in the cpp file under the line simulation "fire" just replace the sound "fire" with "empty" then save and makepbo and bobs your uncle, no more fire sound.

Hope this helps.

PH

Quote[/b] ] just replace the sound "fire" with "empty"

I did this before, but both friends said they got an error:

sound "empty" not found

or something sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] just replace the sound "fire" with "empty"

I did this before, but both friends said they got an error:

sound "empty" not found

or something sad_o.gif

ok take a sound file. . or make a new one using GoldWave audio creation and editing software, make it about a second long, 'blank' sound... save it as a wav file and make a class sound in your config classing that as like ZiggysSilence and have it use that "sound" smile_o.gif

but cant you also do something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soundEngine[]={"",1,1};

this way you dont need any sound files

There's a much easier way of accomplishing it though smile_o.gif

I've tweaked these a little bit, and I'll be trying them out with my squad for the next few days. Once that's done, I'll send the modified addon over to MrZig so he can release a new version of this addon.

The changes include:

* No burning sound from the glowstick object

* They come in bundles of five

* They take up pistol ammunition slots instead of regular ammunition slots

They should be tested and ready to go in the next two or three days, and then I'll send the changes over to MrZig ASAP.

I was trying to force AI to throw glowstick in given direction, i have put in WP (a1 is object)- this doTarget a1; this doWatch a1; this fire "ZIG_GlowStick" - it worked, but if i wanted to put next WP, AI throwed glowstick just to direction to next WP, how can i force to throw in given direction in any circumstances?

And next question - i gave AI green and blue glowsticks (in this order) , and thied to use:

this fire ["throw", "ZIG_GlowStick", "ZIG_GlowStickBlue"]

to throw blue one. But it haven't worked sad_o.gif

What did i miss?