Sign in to follow this  
ManiacMike

MARFY : I need to ask you a question

Marfy's a showboater

have we actually played any of his addons yet? i remember years ago looking at his screenshots wondering when they would release and i think they still havent...

His TOW launcher was in the WGLB mod.

Quote[/b] ]have we actually played any of his addons yet?

No, except for the 82nd Airborne Troops, 24th ID Crewmen, Gaz 69, MT-LB Pack, M925 Trucks, Desert Vulcan, Iraqi OT-65, Desert M1A1, Desert T-72, Iraqi Shilka, and Iraqi Crewmen.

No, except for the 82nd Airborne Troops, 24th ID Crewmen, Gaz 69, MT-LB Pack, M925 Trucks, Desert Vulcan, Iraqi OT-65, Desert M1A1, Desert T-72, Iraqi Shilka, and Iraqi Crewmen.

LOL yeh thats like nothingcompared to the extensive list of released Unsung addons :P j/k

I like your addon list.

But may I sugest you make the hummers different, like spec ops and seal variants. I dont know if they use them or if they use land rovers or the dune buggies, but it would be cool to have a hummer with spec ops stuff on it.

Ya, it's true that Marfy released a number of very decent retexes and a few good original addons. His work is top notch.

But you can't blame people for getting on his case about all the teasers and "upcoming" addons that never came out. He did that to himself.

If you arent going to release something...keep your pics to yourself. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you arent going to release something...keep your pics to yourself.

I wish this logic applied to military equipment. Then I could say that the Army owed me an Abrams and some M4s tounge_o.gif .

I wish he would fix those modern desert addons.

When they're in the addon's folder, a mission that has nothing to do with them might get a message like:

cannot load mission, missing addons: maf_hmmwv

I know other old addons caused similar problem once OFP 1.75 was released. It would be nice to get these fixed. From what I understand, it should be simple to do.

From the knowledge that i know of since i've already had some of these problems with a few people i know, its easy to fix. The majority problem is that people are pretty damned lazy and once they release it thats it lol.....

his stuff is good, but hell....he does need to work on configs more lol

~Bmg

From the knowledge that i know of since i've already had some of these problems with a few people i know, its easy to fix.  The majority problem is that people are pretty damned lazy and once they release it thats it lol.....

his stuff is good, but hell....he does need to work on configs more lol

~Bmg

Someone once fixed UCE's soldier units that caused missing addons messages.

I've got the following MAF pbos that need to be checked:

MAF_24id3pT.pbo (US desert Abrams)

MAF_BRDM.pbo (Iraqi desrt BRDM)

MAF_CREW24.pbo (US desert crew)

MAF_CRWIRQ.pbo (Iraqi desert crew)

MAF_HUMR.pbo (US desert Hummers)

MAF_M925.pbo (US M925 desert truck)

MAF_SOLE2.pbo (comes with the Iraqi desert T72)

MAF_T72.pbo (Iraqi desert T72)

MAF_ZSU234.pbo (Iraqi desert Shilka)

Anyone know if that list is complete as far as MAF modern desert units are concerened?

Maybe someone would like to do the community a favor and fix the old MAF addons to be Resistance compatible.

Any takers? These addons, old as they are, are very useful and notthing to be ashamed of being seen in a mission - that's for sure!

Well can show you the fixed verssions and updated units for these Everything but the Iraqi equipment. It was hard enough getting the authorzation to repair and update the RFL humvee pack cause it required searching for a dozen or more addon makers and getting ther ok.

People are too stuck on eye candy so the hyk units surpass the old MAF guys seeing they are just stock BIs west soldier units. Sigmas M1s are better looking and have the missing parts the MAF M1s lack.

I still kinda like them, some of the stuff could be easilly fixed in a sitting, and updated to current standard. Going through a lot of the old CRS adons to fix update and tweak now the humvee packs is nearly done, Do the leg work in getting MAF's OK to tamper with his stuff, and I'll have no problem massaging the units to current spec. But I rather have the makers wishes, afterall it is still copyrighted work.