Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

AI Curiousity

Is there a way to get AI to shoot their weapons at nothing?

Random fire. Shoot at no enemy?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper unclesam.gif

This is just a quick comment, but I remember before I got that to work by placing a gamelogic or invisible H, and scripting AI to dotarget and dofire or something similar. Been a long time, and I can't remember.

I'll look for my old script again, but until I edit this post, maybe someone else can tell him what I am trying to.

BAS Opfor or Tonal (dont remember which) have an invisible target u can place in the editor. theres ones that make the AI think its infantry, APC or MBT. They come for all different sides. Kinda interesting placing them in the jungle and watching the enemy randomly shoot at all these "targets" while u and ur squad pick em off.

As far as i can remember, this works:

Quote[/b] ]

unit fire array

Operand types:

unit: Object

array: Array

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Unit will fire from given weapon. Argument has format [muzzle, mode, magazine] or [muzzle, mode].

Example:

soldierOne fire ["throw","SmokeShell","SmokeShell"]

i tried the the do fire on its own and the AI seem to shoot Up into the AIR :P good for warning shots i suppose :P

i tried the the do fire on its own and the AI seem to shoot Up into the AIR   :P   good for warning shots i suppose  :P

lol, it would be cool if he would put its weapon in its mouth and shoots  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

EDIT: someone wants to make an anim like that? wink_o.gif