Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

U.s. army special forces

Recently some people have been discussing the lack of a good or any U.S. Army Special Forces addon. We have Rangers and Delta, but some how the middle man has slipped through. The Green Berets have a long history and have been involved in virtually every conflict since Colonel Aaron Bank created the unit 50 years ago. OFP really needs this addon. I am a Green Beret enthusiast and I have quite a bit of information on these warriors. Also, I am serving in the U.S Army at the moment so getting info or pictures of equipment is not too much work for me. Unfortunately I lack the skills to actually create these addons. So, if anyone is interested in building these addons, feel free to contact me and we can discuss it.

Thanks,

[sOC]Monty

monty67t@msn.com

Well kinda one of the things is when they are in the field they look like anyother trooper, other than the patches on the patrolcap and shoulder. There was a green beret pack made but they were just BIS reskins, and had incorrect colored berets. and lost texturs at a distance turning to easy to kill white men. But would hold their own against some of Lasers and VITs spec ops troops. What next RECONDO and PATHFINDERS, well Recondo is a subsection of SF SF trains them at least when I attended the Recondo School. Prerequisit for Ranger and SF school for most units. As well as having an E5 at least for my unit. Was giving a beret at the end of the school too bad wasn't allowed to wear it in the units I got put in afterwards. But now everbody wears a beret in the US Army now. And givin a really major pain in the rear to replace chest patch for the pocket. What era SF will you be trying to do, Nam, 80s, 90s, current? A lot of them got disbanded in the mid nineties thanks to downsizing of the total force besides lots of them were understrength anyway.

Bobcatt666,

I'm not sure where you heard that some SF units got disbanded in the 90's but with all do respect, nothing could be further from the truth. Their funding went down but they still have the same amount of units as they did in the 90's.

Tigershark,

You guys have enough on your plate. I would like to have these things done within the next few months. Plus, I want to play a role in the development. Something I guess I can't do for BAS.

Monty

One thing I want to make clear is that SF guys usually don't look like your regular soldier. I'm not looking for another addon with BDUs, a vest, a helmet, and some goggles. We need guys that are modeled to fit in with the locals. Below is a U.S. Army Special Forces operator in Afghanistan.

afg1215h.jpg

[sOC]Monty

If anyone making "Green Beret" units needs some help with references, I've been studying these units for several months now. I've got a good idea of their unit orginization, common gear, weapons, etc.

Nightstalker are making Green Berets, based on the kinda informal SF that you see pictures of from afganistan......we have scrapped our earlier attempt, but will be beginning soon, and trust me, if i was allowed to show you the other units we are making, you couldnt complain about quality.........

....BAS, please dont duplicate us, weve been planning these for awhile. sad_o.gif Your time could be better spent.:p

Something similar to this? Been playing with something like that forever it seems. From waaay back when I made Taliban units. Just something I play around with.

Good luck with your units Pathy.

dessf.jpg

cheers. Not bad for a quick play. smile_o.gif

Ive got another unit pack to work on before i start, but then again, one of my modellers has almost finished his unit pack for the mod, and has agreed to help with green berets....the pack will be as many different variations as we can make, kinda, guys in t-shirts, ect

Monty, ive added you to my MSN, any imput on development is welcome.

Ebud, please don't let that SF guy sit idle on your harddrive! He just screams "wrap me up and release me", can't you hear him? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

haha, that would be funny. If it ever gets released, it will be through BAS, so maybe it would have that. tounge_o.gif

Well I was in one unit that was merged with another and learned my postion was at risk due to my lack of time in grade and an E-6 with a hard on for my slot coming from the unit that was being forced to merg with ours. That and Massachusets was making me sick, I found a slot open in a SF unit in Arizona that was willing to take me. That unit I was going to get to transfer into was disbanded in Arizona, just as I made the big move and transfer, I ended up having to go into an armored unit, *yuck* that was later disbanded but there were Army reserve units, The active duty units I doubt were really touched. This is back durring the big base closure time early to mid 90s And reorgansation of the force when Arizona lost all of its frontline combat units. My active duty time left a bad taste in my mouth as well as pain when sitting but was taking the route in the reserve componants of the armed forces just cause was too dumb to get completely out. And become part of the combat compition shooter unit. The Army sent me around the states to shoot in weapon shooting matches. This was back when I was overly gunho and really stupid.

I know a few of them got disbanded in 92-93, or merged into the other SF groups. 12th was disbanded in 92 or 93 So was 11th Group, pretty much got the thanks for coming all this way speach. Wasn't going back to Taxachusetts cause they were moaning to shut down Ft Devens. so I stayed in Arizona. Like a dunce and lived to regret it. Well not all that bad never gets any snow out here. =) I hate snow! Now a worthless cannon cocker on a 155MM But doubt I can hump 200 + lbs of junk 40 miles anymore now.. Missed out on going to Columbia and Afganistan and death by our own bombs. SF isn't what it used to be CIA gets their noses into things way too much and SF are more like Spies now. Hell all dreassed like the locals in Afganistan sniffing about for Taliban guys. Cool guys still to work with, learned really cool stuff and did things I would never have gotten to try if I had remaind a fool and stayed in the motor pool as a track mechanic. Or another dumbassed who got lost and ambushed and paraded on Iraqi TV as a POW. Hated the motorpool so baddly I got back into the infantry. More pissed off I had been talked into getting into the motor pool and pissed away a year for the MOS school in Maryland. For a combat system my unit didn't even have. The XM1, while the M48 was still hauting units at that time in the Reserve and Nasty Guard, the M60s was the main battle tanks starting to unset by the M1. Yeah I'm that old..

Thanks for the life story, lol. Just kidding. Anyway, thanks to everyone else for the good responces here. A couple of people have contacted me and we'll see where it goes. I just want to contribute to the community.

[sOC]Monty

Sorry, well what about pre 9/11 SF back when they actually wore BDUs, and humped the moutains of Pamama, Columbia and other armpits of the world like Vietnam. A nice compliment to say the Nam 2 pack. Or like Karns infantry so you can select helmets and berets.

I am working on some Green Berets have 16 diffrent models wink_o.gif

Will soon release a beta some of them they have beards and different clothes wink_o.gif

I have been given all permission I asked from the best addon makers such as: BAS, Suchey, Jackel326, Blackblood and Bibmi so it will be a mix of those addons wink_o.gif

In about 2 weeks I will release a beta wink_o.gif

Sounds good...

Really looking forward to trying these out. biggrin_o.gif

Now we need some decent SAS troops......... wink_o.gif

*waits for Pathy to show... tounge_o.gif

*waits for Pathy to show... tounge_o.gif

paty rock.gif

The pack is now finnished wink_o.gif

I need only change the weapon loadouts in config, pack it up and send it to ofp.info for hosting the first public beta for bugs wink_o.gif

Munk you know full well thats not for public domain rock.gif

Thats not my decision either, so dont blame me if i cant say anything....... sad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

So beg BAS not to model something so that NightStalker can make one that will never be released? mad_o.gif

Go BAS, at least it would get released eventually!!!

Quote[/b] ]So beg BAS not to model something so that NightStalker can make one that will never be released?

That's stupid flamebait. We're still working hard on our stuff, what gives you justification for this comment?

Munk you know full well thats not for public domain  rock.gif

Information page on The Nighstalker site...

Quote[/b] ]The SAS Campaign

Not very private is it... tounge_o.gif