Sign in to follow this  
TheUser

Ugh! Flashpoint stuttering BAD!

It's like the game is trying to swap from HDD but the HDD light doesn't come on. Besides, I have a gig of ram which should suffice. It happens more in Nogova and when the terrain detail is high(er), more graphically intense that is...

Example: I start up a new map in the editor in Nogova. I put a infantry-unit, then preview it. I start to turn around and it's like I have 128mb of ram. After a while of turning, the stutering stops as if it swapped everything needed. If I'm moving in a plane it's the same thing as more terrain uncovers...

Any fix for this issue? rock.gif

Besides RAM what are your other specs? Unless you ahve a, really, really, high-end system running Nogova at high or very high terrain detail isn't really possible unless you put almost everything else on low.

Even the most powerfull consumer PC will not handle OFP maxed out to its fullest. I understand if you have a nice new PC and u wanna crank stuff, but sometimes it wont handle a game 3 years old.............sad isnt it? Computer companies cant keep up with a game.

Full specs:

Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2200MHz

1024mb of Kingston HyperX

Abit NF7

GeForce 6800GT

Audigy2

So I should lower the terrain detail to normal? Then why is the option even there? sad_o.gif

Anyways, IIRC, the problem wasn't this bad when I had only512mb of mem...

So I should lower the terrain detail to normal?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]Then why is the option even there?

For future use or currently just to take lovely screen shots. smile_o.gif

Normal is still best, i tried high and very high and i could only see the enemy when it was too late and they were all over, ah and it still looks great on normal smile_o.gif .

Very high is not very nice, tankers having trouble with all those hills... tounge_o.gif and I tried it to with my new AMD 3000+ 64-bit CPU lol, still not working well. Normal setting is the best imo.