Sign in to follow this  
drow

WW2 Mod Alliance

well, all i have to say is "about time" but here it is - from ofp.info

What do u think about this? I for one think it should have happened a long time ago. wink_o.gif

"Klesk informed us that the following mods have entered a formal alliance in order to work together and avoid competition with on another: DW42, AiA, Italy Mod, Be45, WW2Vets and Invasion of Europe. This new alliance is called WW2 Mod Alliance. The pictures below are from the following infantry packs in development:

- USMC Pacific - WW2VETS

- US ARMY - A.I.A

- GERMAN ARMY - A.I.A

- I.J.A Pacific - WW2VETS

- 8th Army - DW42

- US ARMY (desert) - DW42

Pictures of the following packs in development will be presented soon:

- French Army - Invasion of Europe

- Polish Army - Invasion of Europe

- Italian Army - Italy Mod

- Waffen SS - A.I.A

- D.A.K - DW42

These troops will all be sharing a brand new weapon pack in development, with custom art and models, so it will be no more upminder models (tho i credit the good work he did.) That will include US, UK, German, Japanese, French and Italian weaponry (we will be scrapping the russian guns but after all Lib does have that covered!

We have many vehicles in development, numbering approximately some 15 vehicles, and 15 - 20 tanks, plus a lot of updated versions of vehicles we have previously released.

The Mod Alliance is still recruiting. All mods listed are looking for addon makers, especially texturers. Please get in contact with one of the mods if you want to join."

how do u guys plan on doing campaigns?

Will each mod be covering a different part/era of the war?

I for one think it should have happened a long time ago.  wink_o.gif

I agree. Excellent!

What about the WW2EC team? rock.gif

Still roaming free

and INV44, are they still making stuff?

and INV44, are they still making stuff?

Well of course, their doing better then ever.

Doubt it. Haven't heard from them in a long while.

That doesn't mean that they aren't hard at work wink_o.gif

No one is forced to release a load of screenshots every week. The less screenshots the better, means their working so hard they haven't got time to make screenshots smile_o.gif

Invasion 44 is working harder than ever. smile_o.gif but its good news for everyone that a large group of seperate mods will produce work that all ties in together.

It means that all configs will work with each other and there won't be 23 versions of weapons.

Good luck guys...

This has been my dream for a long time, but still missing some very important and the largest teams:

WW2EC

INV44

BE45

LIB45

Missing some others also, all grouped would be very nice

That will never happen BraTTy. I44 is almost as big as the WW2 Mod Alliance combined. They would have very little interest in one huge WW2 mod. Would be cool though.....but also hard to coordinate...... crazy_o.gif

Sweet...I've always thought something like this would be a good thing... to minimize all the duplication of weapons and vehicles, make things compatible- plus the more experts together the better.... only thing is....

communication and organization... that has to be nailed down from the very beginning... any relaxing in that area and it will be down hill and chaotic...

So I hope it works out and ...with this more people can learn more tricks and skills hopefully... biggrin_o.gif

Better let someone older than your lil sister run it :P

but seriously, i hope it works out, whoever leads all those mods (ya know it will need to come down to one guy who conducts it) needs all the luck he can get.

wink_o.gif

good luck.

probably isnt one leader, they probably just all decide together and who is going to make what.

Doubt it. Haven't heard from them in a long while.

LOL

hardly anyone hear's from us in the public and you'd be surprised what we have mate!

WW2ec, lol....roaming the lands free.........lol, thats just down right reckless that we are letting them roam around like that lt hunter!

Oh spencer, i have a question for you.......whats the Definition of the position of attention and the Core values of being a leader?

~Bmg

As good as the other teams are, it seems somewhat egotistical of them to deny joining this pact. This is what OFP needs, and will benefit from.

I have henceforth lost some respect from the 4 other mod teams. (INV44 have always seemed to hold themselves above though... o well)

ummm not all mod teams aren't joining for the fact of thinking they are better than anyone....

some are just some addon makers that work together, just doing it for fun ... no pressure...at what ever pace you want to go....

plus i'd think the organization and keeping it all going would be a nightmare...especially with people in dif time zones and across the world...

oh well...don't make assumptions that alter your opinions of people...

have ya ever thought of the fact that maybe these mods that came together to make an alliance didn't ask the "other" mods to join....

there could be an assumption of that this alliance thought they were too good for the other 4?

all in all....i'm sure its best to stay away from any assumptions...

this is the first I've even heard of an alliance myself...

and some that you have mentioned that aren't in it....actually have 3 or 4 mods joined under the same name...just gives a false impression that they don't work with anyone else

To be honest, I highly doubt the other mods were not asked. The ones not included are the WWII mods that were pretty well off. From a logical standpoint it would make no sense for them not to be asked.

On assumptions, I am free to assume whatever untill further info is available. The problem is someone might read my thoughts as facts, not opinions.

So until i hear that the other mods were not asked, I'll stay with my present opinion.

I'm in WW2EC and I did not know about the Alliance until Gavin himself told it to me so it is safe to say WW2EC was not asked.

smile_o.gif

I'm in WW2EC and I did not know about the Alliance until Gavin himself told it to me so it is safe to say WW2EC was not asked.

smile_o.gif

TY, that was some info I needed... biggrin_o.gif

I'm in WW2EC and this topic was the first that I heard about.

I think WW2EC is certainly the largest and we already work with several mods.And just count the addons released from WW2EC if you can.

And not trying to be rude ,but how many addons have the three teams listed released? I think I can count them on one hand.So whats being combined ? Its all hype,and I dont wanna say where its coming from.But less talk and let them get some work done ! Lol I am so rude

And combining teams has been discussed several times,its not possible, no leader could arrange that,nor bear the stress and the reasons Bullzeye listed.

WW2EC is a gathering of modmakers and a resource for others and already work with more addon producing teams than the ones listed in this original topic.Including DW42

Take a look at the forums:

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/ww2ec/forum.html

No but from his sig he is looking for a mod