Sign in to follow this  
Madus_Maximus

Tales of War: CH-34 Public Beta Release

Ch-34 Image

I've been waiting to play with these for a long time! Thanks for releasing the beta helos guys. Only had a quick look, apart from the already reported error, looks good so far.

Look forward to the next release, keep up the good work.

Para

EDIT: Forgot this image: Another Pic

Is this the basis of the Mi-4 hound/ Harbin Z-5 and if so any chance of an east version since the Z-5 is still the backbone of chinas heli-ops

suggestion, could the pilot door/window be given an option to open close, because at the moment its very easily for the enemy to kill the pilot/co-pilot.

Just a quick note, The Mil Mi-4 Hound was based off the Sikorsky S-55 (H-19) Chickasaw, not the S-58 (CH-34) Choctaw

We're adding stuff to the "that would be cool" list all the time lol. So if you've anything specific you'd like then we'd sure take it into consideration.

Indeed a very nice chopper! Great work! smile_o.gif

Two things I noticed while playing:

1.It seems that the SOG version is using the view geometry LOD from a "normal" Ch34. If you're in commander view and zoom out it's changing its colour.

2.When I start the engine I'm getting a "script-error". It says "Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck ~ Invalid number in expression".

Can you change the instrument panel background to black instead of white? It's like that on the real chopper smile_o.gif

Also.. the sounds... they are still from the Kiowa... any chance you could add some more bass to them?

If anyone has some good quality loopable sounds we can use (preferably from the real thing hehe) we'd be very greatful. It's hard to get decent chopper sounds unless you're a member of some extortionate subscription type thing or you're around them a lot. Ah the instrument panel will be black/very dark grey in the next release.

Indeed a very nice chopper! Great work! smile_o.gif

Two things I noticed while playing:

1.It seems that the SOG version is using the view geometry LOD from a "normal" Ch34. If you're in commander view and zoom out it's changing its colour.

2.When I start the engine I'm getting a "script-error". It says "Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck ~ Invalid number in expression".

We're aware of these little kinks and we'll be fixing them for the next version. The error you're getting is a script error, there was something wrong with the rotor wash script we used from WGL (thanks btw, forgot to mention you in the readme). The SOG was a VERY last minute thing you see and Anders didn't have the time to set all the LOD's, so we appologise for some of the rushed things. If anyone has fixed any of the bugs for their own personal use (I know of one hehe) then please PM me and we may be able to offer you a place on the team. We're reorganising so we'll be able to work out what we need soon.

Can you change the instrument panel background to black instead of white? It's like that on the real chopper smile_o.gif

Also.. the sounds... they are still from the Kiowa... any chance you could add some more bass to them?

BD baby. It's not black on the real chopper. It's black on some real choppers. I guess the more modern ones have black pannels while the old ones used grey/white. I put hours over hours of research for that shitty panel because noone seems to take useable pics of it ;)

Anyway I got an uh-34 manual pic of the instrument panel and it's white(ish)

EDIT: madus_Maximus check your PM for the rotor sounds