Sign in to follow this  
Madus_Maximus

Tales of War: CH-34 Public Beta Release

Hi all, I know you've all been waiting for this for a long time, so here it is. Also the new site is up! Take a look. (took me a while, but meh)

This pack is, as in the name a beta, so does not reflect the quality of the final version. Some bits will be reworked and improved upon. Now for the details. This pack contains four versions of the Choctaw, which are as follows:

- US Army CH-34 Choctaw

- USMC CH-34 Choctaw

- CH-34 Choctaw No Markings

- CH-34 Choctaw SOG No Markings Two-Tone camo

You'll find these choppers under: West > Tales of War - Air.

We hope to include rocket pods and .30 cal machine guns on outer pylons, as-well as M60's mounted on the doors in a later version. This will bring the pack up to a grand total of 16 variants!

If you find any bugs, have any ideas and suggestions or just want to chat about it then please visit the forums. Well that's it for now, here's some screenshots and the download links! (we've included a .zip and .rar versions)

We cooked up these new screenshots for you. I've used the SEB NAM Pack 2 units as I thought they fitted better than modern stuff. ENJOY!

Download RAR

Download ZIP

The Pics!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Known Bugs: Small script error at start, numbers/letters look jaggy. Will be fixed up!

We'll be doing a rework of the config and so on for the next release, and will have custom cargo anims, opening door, door gunners, downwash and some other goodies. We felt we'd left it too long without doing anything with this bird so here you go!

Oh, and any bugs and stuff please post em here.

They used this chopper in that movie navy seals starring charlie sheen and micheal biehn.

Nice choppers!

Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket wink_o.gif

They seem to fit with the Seb-nam pack very well.

Downloading smile_o.gif

And full metal jacket. Great film!

Joker: How can you shoot women and children?

Gunner: Easy... you just don't lead 'em so much.

Anyway, downloading now smile_o.gif

dang now you did it ;)

i was working on a uh (not ch) 34 for a veeery long time. unfortunatly RL didn't let me finnish it sad_o.gif I always wondered who would release this chopper first. hehe.

Anyway. Nice chopper.

A pic of my version ;)

(btw. IIRC in FMJ they used britsh Westland versions of this chopper which aren't the same. the nose looks very different for example)

Looks pretty damn nice, shame you didn't ever get to finish it.

Really? lol didn't know that, you learn something every day! I never really looked at the choppers in great detail in that film. Well, not seen it for a year or so and my memory isnt the best hehe.

Well, not seen it for a year or so and my memory isnt the best hehe.

Yeah. Same here. so I'm not 100% sure anymore ;)

I can't wait to get home from work to try out that SOG version, thanks for making one of those.

Now all I need are Viet pilots smile_o.gif

Remember the Nam Pack that you made a year or so ago Ebud :P

It had a pilot that was quite nice..

All I can say:

I love it!

Doors, windows and markings disappear when looking trough the spinning rotorblades, but I am sure you know about that.

Thx for that great chopper!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Remember the Nam Pack that you made a year or so ago Ebud :P

It had a pilot that was quite nice..

but, but... it's not the same!

I meant a Vietnamese pilot :P

http://www.scarface-usmc.org/Kingbee.htm

Can someone post a clear pic of the SOG version?

Maybe we'll add some of those old classics...

Like Cowboy and the rest of the Kingbees (for the SOG version)..

Quote[/b] ]Donnervogel Posted on July 07 2004,19:50

i was working on a uh (not ch) 34

I do not have the very details, but I thought the CH34 and the Sikorsky UH34 was the same bird.. Anyways, yours looks indeed good!

Can someone post a clear pic of the SOG version?

h34sog1.jpg

h34sog2.jpg

BTW - should we leave the rotors on the SOG all black?

Maybe we'll add some of those old classics...

Like Cowboy and the rest of the Kingbees (for the SOG version)..

Quote[/b] ]Donnervogel Posted on July 07 2004,19:50

i was working on a uh (not ch) 34

I do not have the very details, but I thought the CH34 and the Sikorsky UH34 was the same bird.. Anyways, yours looks indeed good!

basicly yes ;) it has some minor differences but you won't notice if you don't know where to look at. One bigger difference is that the ch-34 were equippeded with stronger wheel suspensions as the old ones were often breaking when landing with heavy cargo. though the UH's kept the old suspension for quite some while. at the end of the war some uh-34 with the stronger suspesion appeared.

Mirror up at HawkNam. smile_o.gif

http://www.tuote.org/~black-....808.rar

Great work guys! One of the things I've been waiting for so long. I got an error from it though. Once I placed it on the editor there was an error about: "}; invalid number in expression" or sth like that once I hit preview. The mission started normally though. Haven't tested it more yet, but I most certainly will. smile_o.gif Again, thanks for this great bird. Waiting for the next release with great enthusiasm.

So the difference is more technical than visual?!

well at first both were the same choppers with some different equipment based on different role (like ch's often didn't have gunners and uh's had often one doorgunner and one window gunner on the other side). with the time the ch developed into a slightly longer and stronger variant with a better cargo transporting abillity (for cargo slung under the chopper for instance) while the uh-34 remained basicly the same. during the war (there were some modification like armor plating for the cockpit). but it's really nit-picking to stress those details ;)

Hehe, thanks for the details, they'll come in handy for the next release. Oh and we'll add mirrors to the main site soon when we get a nice list.

Very nice smile_o.gif

I feel it is time to give Nam mod a upgrade on weapons and

sound effects (JAM of example).