Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios Projects

Guest RKSL-Rock

Since i've been getting a few emails of late "when are the HAS/Hangers/Global Hawk/L96 etc due" I thought I'd make a new thread for my RKSL Addons.

Current Public Projects include

RKSL Military Communications Pack

RKSL-COMMS3.jpg

Includes:

SSPAR (Solid State Phased Array Radar) Installation

Radome Building

Large Telecomuncations Tower (no pic as yet)

Satellite Uplink Dish (no pic as yet)

HQ Buildings (no pic as yet)

Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Hanger Pack

rksl-hanger3.jpg

Includes:

Tall Hanger

Low Hanger

Light Hanger

Tank Garage 8 Door

Tank Garage 4 Door

Tank Garage 4 Door Enterable

RKSL HAS (Hardened Aircraft Shelter) Pack

rksl-haspack2.jpg

Includes:

3 types of HAS with animated doors. 3 colour schemes

Nato Style 1 - Design dating from the mid 50's

Nato Style 2 - Design dating from the 80's

Large Generic HAS - Doors at either end can hold 2 large fighter class aircraft.

RKSL Camo Net packs *FINAL RELEASES*

Essentially the same as the demo/Beta packs but with the bugs fixed.

RKSLSPLASHuknets.jpg

Includes:

UK - Woodland/Desert/Snow Textures

US - Woodland/Desert/Snow Textures

WWII - Woodland/Desert/Snow Textures - Requested by Wadmann -Camo texture in widespread use up until the late '60's early 70's (no pics as yet)

The packs should be released shortly I've just got to a few things to tweak.

RKSL Bunker/Emplacements Pack - <ON  HOLD>

Delayed due to the level of workload atm.  I will pick this up gain but i havent got the time for the immediate future.

RKSL L96A1 & L115A Sniper Rifles

L96Final1.jpg

l96pic1.jpg

Coming VERY Soon.

I've managed to get the poly count well down (circa 1800 polys in the first LOD.) The new textures are coming along nicely.  The only problem i have at the moment is the animated bipod.  I'm not happy with the way its working yet so the V1.5BETA may be without the animated bipod. :roll:

Various Aircraft :

A12A Avenger - On Hold and waiting on permission to use some scripts. 30%

RQ-4A/B Global Hawk - Low Priority -30%

E-3 AWACS (RAF colours initially) -30%

ATR42-300 (More Info) - PENDING some free time  8)

Bell X-1A - On Hold

Other:

rksl-fsc.jpg

Rapier FSC (Field Standard C) aka Jernas - Includes the "Blindfire" radar tracking unit -  Models complete just need refining and texturing.

Ghillie Sniper - ON HOLD - too much workload.

Well thats pretty much it for the public stuff.

I'm involved with OPGWC the 3rd World Explosion Team and I still have a Fort to finish for the Cribban and the DW42 team so thanks for the offers or 'work' but as you can see I'm kinda overloaded atm.:;):

As for the above any comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rock

wow_o.gif

Wow... I wish you the best of luck on those fantastic looking addons. You've got a lot on your plate and it all looks great! smile_o.gif

Lookin very, very nice there. That fifties style hangar looks especially cool, as do the radars. smile_o.gif

Are you building an island with these or are you just making them available to island makers?

Guest RKSL-Rock

There is an island in the making but its so far only a test ground for me and my clan mates but I'm probably going to let it "escape" to the public at some point  smile_o.gif

You never know, but things have got to calm down first...maybe after i clear the back log i'll get into some serious develpment.

On top of this lot I've still got a lot of OPGWC stuff to make and the 3WX project too  wink_o.gif

..but yes they're really intended for use by island makers where appropriate.

Guest RKSL-Rock

*bump*

<Looks round to see if anyone noticed and wanders off nonchalantly>

Oh my f****ng GOD!!!!

i love it.... i´m.... outta words.......

holy jesus.... great job....

JES a Com-Pack finally biggrin_o.gif

They all look very cool, keep up the good work

I was camo-fan from the beginning wink_o.gif Pics looks just great, so we only can wait for all those projects and hope R/L problems won't bug RockofSL smile_o.gif

I really want release of OPGWC for all those nets, tents, antennas and other surprises they have for us smile_o.gif

Looks good smile_o.gif

Watch your file sizes when posting images please smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Looks good smile_o.gif

Watch your file sizes when posting images please smile_o.gif

I try my best smile_o.gif

I dont think any hit the 100Kb mark...not on here anyway wink_o.gif

I dont think any hit the 100Kb mark...not on here anyway  wink_o.gif

Those that were edited did, hence the edit smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Oops, they slipped through sad_o.gif

Fixed now tounge_o.gif

My apologies

Guest RKSL-Rock

I forgot who asked me about these (sorry wink_o.gif)but here's some pics of the E-3D AWACS.

rksl-awacs1.jpg

rksl-awacs2.jpg

rksl-awacs3.jpg

Hmmm AFAIK only the british AWACS has the refueling probe and drogue sytem. The rest use the Boom type system where the receiving plane only has to have a opening. The NATO and US Airforce ones dont use the probe system.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Actually since this is intentded to be an RAF AWACS its not a problem... biggrin_o.gif

The RAF E-3D have both. Its the only version in the NATO inventory that does as standard. Although I'm told by the guys at RAF Waddington that NATO is considering adding the Drogue system on the older airframes at the mid-life update (budgets permitting) in 2006. Also I did say earlier in the thread that it would only be RAF iniatilly. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Various Aircraft :

A12A Avenger - On Hold and waiting on permission to use some scripts. 30%

RQ-4A/B Global Hawk - Low Priority -30%

E-3 AWACS (RAF colours initially) -30%

ATR42-300 (More Info) - PENDING some free time 8)

Bell X-1A - On Hold

Actually since this is intentded to be an RAF AWACS its not a problem... biggrin_o.gif

The RAF E-3D have both.  Its the only version in the NATO inventory that does as standard.  Although I'm told by the guys at RAF Waddington that NATO is considering adding the Drogue system on the older airframes at the mid-life update (budgets permitting) in 2006.  Also I did say earlier in the thread that it would only be RAF iniatilly. wink_o.gif

Well for some countries it would make sense for others it wouldnt. France and germany use the drogue system on their jets (though not on all) The netherland has 2 KDC-10 tankers which can be modified with a adapter to carry the drogue. The drogue system has serious draw backs though. The probe distorts the aerodynamics and requires each plane to carry a heavier system then the boom system. In fighters you dont want more weight then is strictly necesary. On a AWACS weight isnt a gian issue but i do think its better for NATO / Europe to decide on a single system and have all nations use this. Also the lack of refueling planes of the KDC-10 level might be something for nato too look into. The same goes for heavy transport. It might be usefull to do the same they did with the AWACS and buy a fleet that all member nations can use smile_o.gif

I think it would be nice to release a "US" and a "UK" version of the AWACS though the difference is so small most people wouldnt notice it anway wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I had planned to do a release with the UK, US - E-3D series with the older NATO 3B series later.

But the reason for RAF only version initially is one of Nationalistic/Service pride (I was a member of the RAF before going to work for Bristish Aerospace) but its mostly due to workload atm. wink_o.gif

Really must learn to say no when someone asks me to do "just one more model for them". smile_o.gif

Really must learn to say no when someone asks me to do "just one more model for them". smile_o.gif

Just do like i do, Dont Do Deadlines wink_o.gif The Three D's of modding happyness smile_o.gif