Sign in to follow this  
shockhorror

Predator Addon

Oh........sigh.......that kind of Predator.

haha i thought the same thing.

But damn, thats one high quality unit. Id like to see it ingame if u can

lol

yeah looks good

bu i though u started on one from scratch

anyway looks good

cant wait to play with that buddy on a aliens/marine/predator

skirmish biggrin_o.gif

btw der bastler made a plasma cannon which has a really awesome light effect with it u can use it for the plasme shoulder cannon of the predator

if u want pm and i send it to u

and if ur intrested shockhorror (and anybody else)

our uscm mod still looks for some people to joina s moddelers and texturers

This guy needs some kind of jump and lunging attack, and he has to move very fast. Otherwise he doesn's stand a chance against gun-toting enemies, not in OFP.

Some form of the UKF bayonets would be good?

Good news! prototype is helping on this addon so it will be done quicker and properly. making him fast wont be that hard jumpings a different matter. The Predator is a warrior and a hunter he is designed for stalking prey he is a sniper he is not supposed to be seen by superior fire power, they torment their enemies by being unseen. However they are strong and powerful in close combat. xenomorphs and predators may fight hand to hand but marines are not even supposed to be there.

aliens and predators should be much stronger in health and hand to hand however a marines only chance is firepower they are meant to be out numbered and outmatched. it makes it more fun and adds to the atmosphere.

yeah but i was thinking a cloak script.

it would work just like when players are wounded, they get a new skin to show dammage, except the predator would get a translucent texture like the water textures. this would mean human players would not be able to see him and there would be lower visibility so the ai couldn't see him... I don't know how possible that is but thats the general outline for it... hopefully.

oh... xezon has just worked out how to change textures ingame won't be so hard after all... touch wood!

exactly talk to him and use his script, make ALL the textures like 80% tranlucent it will be perfect. Could they be spotted in NVGs?

While this all looks quite cool, the same models looked better in AVP2....

It looks very good and if he gets his strength and weapons from AvsP2 into Ofp it will be a tough bastard to hunt,or better said I'll be the one who's gonna be hunted. smile_o.gif

I'll just drop 2 of these predators in a wood near my base in Nogova and give'em a seek&destroy waypoint.Actually it will be funny to watch some predators get in a Hind or an UAZ. biggrin_o.gif

For transparency I'm sure you can change the textures to a transparent one through a script. Make sure to give it high armor (like 60), maybe a canhidebodies = true, and give it really low (high) camoflage, like 0.01 or something that low. If you give it anymuch higher than that (I already tested this), than troops will fire right at you if you fire at them, even if your a 100 meters away. Another cool feature you could do is make a model of the little aiming laser the predator had, with the 3 dots, in the form of a long face coming out of the predators head, to simulate the laser and to give players in possible MP games a slight advantage to finding the predator. I doubt the ripple effect can be done though, but you can give transparent texture roughly 4-8 transparency in Photoshop, to make it a bit "seeable". smile_o.gif

PS: if you need any help with it just PM me, I wanted to make a predator addon but I suck at modelling characters, and I'd be glad to help out with this.

I wanted to make a predator addon but I suck at modelling characters, and I'd be glad to help out with this.

How are you at importing models then? becuase I have every vehicle/character/weapon model out of AVP2 that I'd love to see in OFP. smile_o.gif

Cap

use milkshape3D it has an ABC importer. but i think prototype is already doing that with most of the models so i'd see what happens first.

This crossed my mind,what about the sound?

Don't know how to say it but when you're near him,he's making a strange sound,or that howling when he's hurt.It will be great to have some of his sounds from the movies or Avsp2.

If I remember Vit with his apc pack(the guerillas included in it) made those guys to say something in their language when you shoot'em.

ahh sounds, well i hope to borrow some from avp2, the movies and the morrowind mod but i'll fall at that herdle when i get to it. besides i've seen plenty of nerds with whole websites of the sounds. Do you all think he should be able to self destruct?

The self destruct thingie is not a big problem for me,if it's to hard to implement it then it wouldn't be a problem without it.As long he has some of his weapons,some predator sounds,moving faster and not to drop dead from 3 M16 bullets then is more than fine to me.Same thing with jumping,I can live without that.

Also is pretty useless the self destruct,it means that I can't kill him because I will die too. tounge_o.gif That self destruct was like a small nuke in the first movie so in Ofp I don't have time to run. biggrin_o.gif

but the self destruct would have to be activated, if the predator had low health and was truly fooked he could self destruct, but if you kill him the bomb doesn't just go off.

i've got all the sounds now including the "mother f*cker" taunt

and their all from the film and games so no nicking shit from other mods!

SH

lol this would work well with the predator what do you think

ArnoldCamo.jpg

liquid snake's facepack

Indeed,now I need my minigun and I'm set. blues.gif

Is it possible to have taller soldier models in OPF, i mean all that ive seen were about the same size rock.gif .

You need the PUKF Bayonet scripts for his blades and spear.

<off-topic>

PROTOTYPE 001 one of the mods in going to jump on you for the size of that sig-pic.  blues.gif

Cap.

not till we release the update wink_o.gif