Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Very Important Announcement from BAS

As our website is down at the moment (Domain name issues) we will post this announcement here. This is NOT a hoax Ladies and Gentlemen.

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

05 July 2004

Ballistic Addons Studio

BAS CEASES OFP1 ADDONS DEVELOPMENT

Ballistic Addons Studio (BAS) would like to announce that it is ceasing to develop addons for the OFP1 platform.

"The past few years have been very exciting and rewarding for all in the BAS team, and we would firstly like to thank the OFP community for the tremendous support it has given us." said Tigershark, founder of BAS.

"Sadly, external commitments have made it increasingly hard for us to devote the time required to develop new high-quality addons for OFP1, and thus we have taken the decision to draw this work to a close."

"As a result of this decision, our final OFP1 releases will be an updated version of the BAS Pavehawks and a new Tonali Special Forces pack for the Tonal series. We are exploring ways in which other updated BAS projects can be finalised, but for the moment this and all other previously announced projects must be regarded as shelved. Naturally, we regret any disappointment that may be caused by this news."

"Crucially, the shift away from OFP1 development is by no means the end for BAS. Looking forward, we shall be spending our time researching and preparing for the anticipated OFP2 platform. It is very much the intention of the BAS team to return to the active development of addons for the community at some point in the future."

"Once again, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported us over the years. There is a vibrant and talented development community for OFP1 - one which we are very proud to have helped create - and despite our departure from this area we shall continue to look forward to, and to enjoy, the great work of the other studios and mod teams."

For further information please contact:

Tigershark - <tigershark@ballistic-studios.com>

Fer - <fer@ballistic-studios.com>

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/

Sad news... but thank you very much for all the great addons you have made and released for OFP and i look forward to you developing many more for OFP2.

Thirtyg

What about the navy seals which were pretty much done when I had them? :]

You guys are truely the badasses of the ofp addon making arena wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif .Cant wait for your speacial forces pack and im sure you will do just as well for ofp2.

"...for the moment this and all other previously announced projects must be regarded as shelved. Naturally, we regret any disappointment that may be caused by this news."

Maybe someone else could finish the navy seals?  How does that sound tigershark?

We will be keeping the Navy Seals for other projects we have in mind. We MAY....BIG EMPHASIS ON MAY....be able to provide old models of these units to the community sometime in the future. This will need to be discussed within the team however and I cannot promise anything at this stage without consulting them first.

"...for the moment this and all other previously announced projects must be regarded as shelved. Naturally, we regret any disappointment that may be caused by this news."

everready.jpg

It seem finished and from what I heard it was partially taken from Tales of War anyway? :P

This statement is untrue and has no factual basis. I would appreciate you not trolling in this thread Blackdog.

everready.jpg

It seem finished and from what I heard it was partially taken from Tales of War anyway? :P

You're mixing them up with Tails Of War. tounge_o.gif

really sad to hear

but they had a dam well good run

out off addons out there i mostly and almost always use thier

addons

very sad day

thanks for all the no.1 addons

Now that you quoted me twice it'll just be stuck in this thread forever :]

man

i cant take it

now we gotta wait for a team which make the same type of quality addons for western modern spec ops troops

only one i c is the orcs i think and strykers green berets

guess its time too cut down on looking up these forums sad_o.gif

Wow...hate to see you guys go. Thanks for all the dedicated effort and top quality mods over the years, guys.

eh all the hype of the little birds and the tonal update just to have this.. kinda funny..

i suggest just releasing your models to public domain..since you are not goin to do anytihng in OFP1 with them

I would like to thank each and every BAS member for your contribution to the OFP community. The Tonali Mercs and updated Pavehawks will be a much appreciated final gift. smile_o.gif

Thanks BAS, Hope to see you in OFP2.

Captain.

This brings to an exciting chapter of OFP(1 atleast) to a very somber close. I think it will be difficult for other mods to fill the gap left in very well scripted, modeled and textured addons left by BAS.

sad_o.gif

Sad to hear... sad_o.gif

That's all I can basicly say about it, thanks BAS for your Addons, Islands, Missions and Campaigns..

yes thanks for everything. without your helicopters i dont think i woulda had enough inspiration to do Y2K3. they really make a huge differance in a total conversion smile_o.gif

and your deltas too. great work all around