Sign in to follow this  
azimut0

Flashpoint need standart addons pack

So I take a look in my addons folder and I see i got many addons, but many people are afraid to download all addons for playing one campaign only, so i think it's time to build several packs by country (for example) and to release it on this forum, like this the mapper can find a good pack to develop his campaigns and missions.

My impression..

Azimut 0.

I have often thought about this. Maybe we could all elect a commitee to decide what addons are for what pack.

hmmm. There are alot of U.S. addons. Bas is pretty much finished. I'm sure that the first pack should be the BAS pack. Someone has made a BAS pack already. I believe its SES squad. Anyhow theirs is missing alot of stuff. But yeah a BAS pack sounds like a good place to start since BAS isn't going to make any more addons but dont start until they finish their tonal special forces.

For MP there is no need for a standard addons pack, as you will always use the addons the servers you play on use and those will always use the addons that their mission(maker)s use. And since there is OFP Watch there is no need for a standardized addon pack in MP anymore, as any server can host exactly the addons it uses in the correct version and every player can get them installed AUTOMATICALLY, without any hassle (if the server admins use modfolders, that is).

For SP... there have been ideas like this before, but there never came something from it. As there are addon makers making some existing addon again cause they don't like something about the existing one or want to improve on a certain aspect, so are some mission makers in favour of this addon and the other of that one. For SP just get the addons you need for the mission you download and put it into a modfolder and delete after playing the mission. Or keep your addon collection up to date manually.

IMO a good idea would be to make a thread with links to addons from various countries and call it what the user should standardly have in their addon folder.But to promote it properly there should also be links to missions for them otherwise they are merly toys as been said before as not everybody can be arsed to make their own missions.

Ex:

United States of America

US Army Infantry Author:HYK Mirror provided by:_

US Marine Forces Author:Suchey&Earl Mirror provided by:_

For MP missions, it is not a good idea because many addons are incompatible with the multiplayer game, but for the SP missions !! its good!!, many players like to play in SP mode, and to start with a pack the BAS addons are the better (we can do a salut to the team too), the choise of addons must selective and promote properly, a thread locked with the links for the addons pack and the missions, it's a good idea.

I got now 12 Go addons sorted by country, it's a museum !, if i can help by any way

and you have to differentiate between the time of the addon

if it's ww2 or 2004

Good luck Azimut - I really mean it, but let me tell you this task is virtually impossible. I tried it a while ago, and got shot down in flames from all directions. tounge_o.gif

I hope you do better. wink_o.gif

Azimut, I don't think more or less people are going to play your campaigns whether you pack all the needed addons together or link to them separately. The list of addons needed for your recently introduced Desert campaign was simply overwhelming just for a campaign.

As for easily looking up addons, we would need a site that can pull up a list of addons based on addon maker, country, name, type (tank, car, plane, island), era, and word search in description text.

Frankly, I've found AtWar's site to have the most comprehensive addons collection and the best search abilities for hard to find addons.

One thing I've thought about is making an addon mod, taking the best addons, putting them together into one pack, and having all their values equal (IE BAS OH-58 M2 doing the same damage as the M113 M2), also fixing some major bugs with them. All with permission.

One thing I've thought about is making an addon mod, taking the best addons, putting them together into one pack, and having all their values equal (IE BAS OH-58 M2 doing the same damage as the M113 M2), also fixing some major bugs with them. All with permission.

What is the difference between that and something like the existing Enhanced ECP Config Project? rock.gif

here is how I orginize my addons

hisky and modern, is addons like the bradley pack (- jam I made my non jam version of the pack smile_o.gif), earl's usmc pack, rad f18's, and mapfact addons

edit

sry the pictures wouldn't come through well I have mod folders for: Bas, Csla, FdF, Modern/Hisky, Nam, Uk, Wgl, Winter, and ww2

Good morning all, rock.gif

So I known the problem with the addons, I don't do that for my campaigns or missions (but that can help me ! like the other mappers), but really because it's "fuzzy" now, I download all addons since 2001, I have the first addons in my collection and i can say that:

You can try to find the older adddons...

Ok all new addons can be found easily now , because the links are fresh, also many websites close the doors fast forget the community, which is the future for addons when all the links will be inactive...

I am not here to promote something, but if somebody goes in this direction, I will be happy to participate with my database.

Azimut 0.

What is the difference between that and something like the existing Enhanced ECP Config Project? rock.gif

EECP is made to replace the BIS units and uses Sigma's tank values, it wouldn't be a full addon pack like I was speaking of.

The ECP is a nice project, but only for US and Soviet forces ? maybe a ECP project about the vietnam and the WWII...