Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0 Questions

Here are a few questions and I will most likly add, edit questions as we go through this. That is, if your willing to help.

1. First off, Internet Web Encoding/Exporting. I need a 30 min movie that will look good and sound good at the max limit of 250mb. I dont know how about going through this so i come to yall.

2. Second, (Similar question), I need to figure out a way to stop the cracking noises to stop ruining my movie. I think there is a cracking noise for every sound effect put in. So it must be the encoder. The funny thing is, I exported a 2 minute portion of my movie and it is 950,000kb. And the Sound still cracks. I need to reduce this tremendously.

IF you are willing to help, I am "Specific Illiterate" on the skamatices on programs, so if you could bare with me on this I would really appreciate it.

I have tried 1 possible option, I have tried dragging the 2minute 950,000kb Movie File into Windows Movie maker and it looked great, exactly the way it was saved,  just now 920,000kb less. It was 950mb and now it was 30. I can deal with that, because the movie would then be 300mb as a finished product, except even the sound at 950,000 SUCKED. The sound when hearing it in the preview window was perfectly fine. But cracked up and sounded like crap after exportation ..

So I need to know many alternatives on how to resolve this. Thanks again!

I don't know exactly about the sound thing but you should try using Adobe Media Encoder when exporting your movies. BBSmith, GO TO File,Export, Adobe Media Encoder smile_o.gif There are lots of codecs. Experiment and you'll get the desired result. You can change different options in those codecs (including the quality of the sound).

The most important aspects of video file encoding are bitrate, frame rate, resolution, and the codec (compressor/decompressor). In your case, there is one more factor, and that is the suitability for streaming, since nobody wants to download a large movie in its entirety before being able to view the first frame.

The size of your source file is not exactly irrelevant, but it is also not a great concern. If it is uncompressed, it will likely be huge, but by using a good codec, you can bring that down significantly -- in the case of MPEG4, you can achieve video compression rates of 100:1 without significant loss of quality.

I would suggest you visit Streaming Media World and check out their tutorials for good background information and a list of suitable tools.

Beh, the websites like the others. I dont know what they are talking about, its too complex for me. Point is, I know about adobe media encoder, and the trail and error process on finding the right file size. I can get the video from 950,000kb to 26mb without taking barly any quality away. But, you must understand, when I saved the file as a large one, the sound STILL SUCKED. I cranked all the audio thing nobs as high as they would go. I dont know what to do.

I had a problem with audio similar to this. What i did was that i compressed the video without sound and saved the sound separatly. Then in another program i added the compressed video and the sound together and it worked. Although the video quality wasn't paticulary good..

Beh, the websites like the others. I dont know what they are talking about, its too complex for me. Point is, I know about adobe media encoder, and the trail and error process on finding the right file size. I can get the video from 950,000kb to 26mb without taking barly any quality away. But, you must understand, when I saved the file as a large one, the sound STILL SUCKED. I cranked all the audio thing nobs as high as they would go. I dont know what to do.

Would it be possible for you to make a SHORT section of both the original and processed video available? I'd like to see exactly what you are talking about -- just hearing that it is screwed up and that you tried all the knobs isn't very helpful.