Mister Frag

OFP videography

Best movie I've ever seen. Maveric, let's talk.

Made a little OFP machinama movie...

Blue Sky (0:06:42)

BlueSky.jpg

Plot Summary:

Air Force Para Rescue jumpers go into Russian held territory to rescue two pilots.

Download (grab the high res one if you can spare the time and bandwidth)

Blue Sky.wmv (51mb)

or

Blue Sky - low res version.wmv (25mb)

Enjoy! biggrin_o.gif

9 of 10!

excelent storyline, good scripts, nice sounds + additional voices .. everything what makes movie looks good! smile_o.gif))

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it.

Quote[/b] ](Only 1 thing flying under birds aint smart with a chopper )

The birds were supposed to fly away, but you know OFP just doesnt have the best bird AI.  wink_o.gif

@Maveric|< ,wow what can i say inlove.gif I hope somebody make's a full length feature film like this one day! I think it would be a hit at the box office biggrin_o.gif

Hey all.

I put together a flashpoint video the other day. I did it for my clans entertainment (ThanhSa )It's my first video of any kind and It's the first time I've used Fraps or Movie maker. I made it by using the music I wanted, shooting loads of action and splicing it together to the beat. Some of the editing leaves a lot to be desired but some of it is pretty good and captures some great flashpoint moments.

After looking at recently posted movies it seems I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm very impressed with whats on offer here, "Blue sky" springs to mind, awesome!

I've uploaded my file to filefront, the name and link is

w00t wars I'd like to mention that there is a lot of swearing in one of the songs, please accept my apology but the song is a punchline  wink_o.gif.

I've been a member on this forum for a while but I've only ever read up on things, never posted! I've been missing out, that's for sure!

It's Flashpoint:Resistance 1.96 with no added units/mods whatsoever. I experienced framerate problems and had limited use of cinematography. I'm not interested in the added units or mods, what with Armed Assault only round the corner. I am interested in how to get the best performance in making a vid though. Any criticism or advice will be apprieciated...

Hey Maverick, fantastic movie...definitely one of the best I've seen so far. What video editing software did you use for that? I really liked the effects on it and how you synced up the shots to the music, did the camera shaking fx, and used good OFP animations. The shot of the dying Spetsnaz with his arm shaking was very impressive cinematography as it panned upwards towards the sky as was the impressive cutscene scripting of the HALO jumpers. I did a HALO mission a long time ago where I did a similar cutscene HALO cutscene (using a BIS pilot as a HALO jumper and some scripts) but your camera scripting is much nicer and more professional looking.

Overall, hats off to one of the finest OFP movies I've seen so far. I would highly recommend that you send that link to ofp.info so everyone can see it.

I just released a more amateur movie using Vegas Video that is crappy in comparison but was done more to just show off an upcoming mission:

ftp://www.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBoDemoVideo4.wmv

or

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/LoBoDemoVideo4.wmv

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks guys.

@Grabber

You can get better performance by recording scenes at half speed ( "setacctime 0.5" ) and then setting the video velocity to 200% in your video editor. I dont know if Windows Movie Maker lets you control video velocity though. Oh and make sure you have the latest version of FRAPs, performance usualy gets better with each new version.

Look into OFP camera scripting, this tutorial is pretty much all I needed to get the hang of it:

http://www.opflashpoint.org/features.php?f=18

And is it me or did pretty much everyone die in your movie? Heh.

@Miles

I'm using Vegas Video 5. I liked the movie (music fit nicely) but the video quality seemed pretty low. Maybe up the resolution and/or quality settings.You can also get rid of the black lines OFP uses in camera mode with the pan/crop tool in vegas...

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/3561/pancrop6yj.jpg

I actually did send an email to Ofp.info on the same day I posted the movie here but never got a reply.

Unsung presents:

Well this is just a combat video from the Unsung mod, showing off the new release of the demo. Enjoy. Dvix or Xvid is needed to play this video.

Got a download link at ofpnam, more coming soon(hopefully):

OFPNam Link

Lol Maverick, yeah, I reckon most units in w00t wars died a horrible death. I must have killed more men than Cecille B. Demille. I basically scripted a mission together and used "triggers" for cinematics and "players" as cameramen. Many cameramen died producing this movie. Thanks for the tips anyway m8. If I make use of the intro, outro and cutscenes I may at least save the lives of my "production crew"

On the night I last posted I made a quick movie using the latest version of Fraps. This helped me achieve better framerates for ThanhSa Shorts 01

I've since been away and have only just come home. I'll be looking into the other methods you recommend and hope to put something together soon....

Thanks m8 smile_o.gif

On the night I last posted I made a quick movie using the latest version of Fraps. This helped me achieve better framerates for ThanhSa Shorts 01

Errrrrrr... good voice acting??

(dude, wtf? biggrin_o.gif )

In honor of getting my new PC, here is mine.

I should have named it "Waste of your 2 minutes" tounge2.gif

In honor of getting my new PC, here is mine.

I should have named it "Waste of your 2 minutes"  tounge2.gif

On the contrary,it was 2 minutes well spent! P.s nice "twoc" tounge2.gif

Damn nice movie that Bluesky.

Oh and nice to see the most played mission ever again nener.gif

great work zerg63 thumbs-up.gif

the blue sky movie is the best ofp video i saw so far! congrats for the top work. beats any bis demo video or arma trailer in my opinion...how long did it took to make such video?