Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

War Addons that noone has made yet

1.tank factory assembly line(they bomb these all the time in war)

2.weapons rack with weapons on it

3.blindfolded and covered mouth hostage with script to remove the rags

4.tied up in a chair animation

5.(the infamous) timed grenade (if you don't know ask, we won't laugh at you)

if you got any more ideas just post them. this is for the addon makers ive come across that don't know what to make so they go ahead and make stuff thats already out. you know who you are.

A few comments on these:

1) Tank factory - The game is mostly set up for "Frontline" combat on a small scale, and buildings such as a production factory would not have as much use I would think unless you wanted if for those CTI/RTS maps. It could be made like the AGS buildings, just need to find an addon maker interested enough in it.

2) Weapons Rack - This has been mentioned before, something I myself even asked about years ago. The answer is that it can be done, but to place a variety of weapons in it would be more difficult. From what I understand, each weapon must be modelled as part of the object, and is not the actual real weapon the player takes. It would work similar to the DKM TOW where missiles are shown on the ground and as one is loaded into the launcher a missile disappears from the pile. So if the modeller only makes default weapons, you can still add new addon weapons to the rack as cargo, but the rack would only show a default weapon like M16. Someone can correct me if this is wrong, but this is what I have been told so many times before.

3) For a blindfolded hostage, I don't think it would be too hard. The blindfold could be animated in the same way goggles and such are. Wouldn't be a bad addon, just don't know how many players make these kind of missions.

4) Tied up in chair anim - I don't think it's hard to make a custom animation, but it would not look too good without showing some kind of rope. Could make a chair addon with built-in scripting that allows people to be placed as cargo or something which shows them seated and wrapped in rope, but again making something like this would only appeal to a few people I think.

5) Timed grenade - There are already several of these out there, my favorite is the one from the WGL mod, but ECP also has it as an option, and I'm sure there are many others too.

I'm pretty sure there is a default BIS anim that appears to make the person tied to the chair.

Blindfolded hostages would be easy, just use the setface command and change faces when you want to take it off..

one thing i would love to see.....suicidal putting guns to the head and blow the side of your brains out!

i made a weapons rack before but it came up to about 3000+ polys so stopped working on it and deleted it

lol

......you will shoot yourself in your head.....

actually what i would love to see though, sticky bombs...throw it at a car it sticks and blows up

Sticky Bomb

Although you don't throw this one, I'm sure the same technique could be scripted to allow throwing.

Regarding the weapons rack, the main concern or question is, how can you add weapons to it without having to model them as part of that object? They would need to be placed vertical, and would need to be the actual weapon placed. And modelling hundreds of weapons as part of the addon would suck ass.

EDIT: And for the hostage animation, check out this link. It's the yellow highlighted one. Allows you to see all animations, playmoves, and switchmoves ingame using the action menu and radio. Might help you find the one you are looking for. rock.gif

Regarding the weapons rack, the main concern or question is, how can you add weapons to it without having to model them as part of that object? They would need to be placed vertical, and would need to be the actual weapon placed. And modelling hundreds of weapons as part of the addon would suck ass.

just copy and paste original ofp weapon models, but i was thinking of using weapon proxys...

one thing i would love to see.....suicidal putting guns to the head and blow the side of your brains out!

COOL, a better stabbing animation would be cool! like stabbing someone in the throat, or slitting your own throat wow_o.gif

Here goes some more:

1.A war time shower and toilet stall (maybe vietnam era)

2.water purification truck (no need for these except in the desert)

3.A tractor trailer with some type of military vehicle on the trailer, static of course due to engine limitations. Maybe through scripts the actual vehicle would spawn next to it and the vehicle on the back would disappear.

4.rpg attack dust. ive seen an actual movie of an rpg hitting a hummer in iraq and the dust created from the blow completely covered the hummer and about 10 feet around it in all directions.

Here goes some more:

1.A war time shower and toilet stall (maybe vietnam era)

2.water purification truck (no need for these except in the desert)

3.A tractor trailer with some type of military vehicle on the trailer, static of course due to engine limitations.  Maybe through scripts the actual vehicle would spawn next to it and the vehicle on the back would disappear.

4.rpg attack dust.  ive seen an actual movie of an rpg hitting a hummer in iraq and the dust created from the blow completely covered the hummer and about 10 feet around it in all directions.

1- I've allways wanted one of them. Very atmosphereic for a Viet camp to have one

2-A water truck could be used in desert mission or in UN mission were you must bring water to a town in the desert. So its ok idea

3-FDF mod had a cannon in a tralior of a tractor and another tractor with troops space.

4-With the scripting people do today. Thats proply possible

A completely new middle eastern terrorist addon, since there are many US desert addons but few decent enemies to use against them.

USAF PJ's

Can I second, and third that? Come on people, these guys are SO important!

Generic opfor packs-I'm tired of fighting russians and I don't want to fight a specific country. See this thread.

MKT

Mobile Kitchen Trailer if I remember correctly.

Need one set up in a chow line. If you want to kill soldiers, an MKT is the most effective way to do it! tounge_o.gif

P.S. I actually liked our mess section and thought the MKT wass cool as hell!