Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

150+ mph through Forrest's

Took 8 seconds to download, watching now.

I got bored, they had two too many wheels.

The last part was cool! Kind of like when they drive the Formula 1 cars in Monaco  smile_o.gif

OMG, all I can say is that F1 driver is F**KING NUTS!!! Thats gotta be such a thrill. Damn, I wont even drive that fast in video games!

damned my record in one of those type of roads is 150 Kmh

crazy_o.gif

the roadsign says bitburg-prüm ... can´t believe this is legal in germany wow_o.gifrock.gif

the driving reminds me of colin mc rae rally2 .. my own car isn´t powerful enough sad_o.gif

that's my kind of driving tounge_o.gif Okay from a while back... biggrin_o.gif

Reminds me of when I try to drive home after eating Mexican food biggrin_o.gif

Damn, on those small roads you can really see how fast an F1 car can accelerate.

Wouldn't like to cross the street when one of those guys passes...

OMFG

That F3000 driver really went fast, a freakin nutter if you ask me.

Somebody wondered if this was even legal. Of course it's legal it's called mountain rally cross, it's a championship probably present in most Euro countries.

AFAIK, Germany has unlimited speed restrictions on some parts of their highways, at least that's how it was a couple of years back, haven't revisited to check though.

Germany has unlimited speed restrictions on some parts of their highways.

If thats true im getting one of these:

ssc.jpg

Thrust SSC fastest car on earth @ 745mph  tounge_o.gif

Hahahaha

Where will you fill her up? At the airport? biggrin_o.gif

If you like such stuff, you should definately go for CM4 and drive in First person perspective. You get sweaty hands, a nervouse tick and a flattering heart sometimes. I love it.

These are ingame shots from my driving:

CMR1.jpg

CMR2.jpg

CMR3.jpg

CMR4.jpg

The phsics of the game are great, so is the dammage model and the different vehicles.

I love to play this game and have been through the tracks countless times.

The ultimate thrill, once you know the tracks a little is to drive them in First person sight. It´s incredible.

AFAIK, Germany has unlimited speed restrictions on some parts of their highways, at least that's how it was a couple of years back, haven't revisited to check though.

Autobahn has speed restrictions on most stretches... But noone abides to them wink_o.gif The cops wouldn't be able to catch anyone on those thin roads without endangering alot of peoples lives. Crazy!

A cool video, gave me some ideas of how to drive when I'm out practicing for my license biggrin_o.gif

Depends where you live. There are many stretches where you can go without speed limit for an 40 minutes,then you got to slow down for a couple of seconds and then accelerate again.At night even far more. The problem is that they are currently expanding most roads and the usual reason for a speed limit restriction are roadworks. AND STILL. Our roads are far safer than those of italy, spain and France.

The fastest I drove so far in my life on a highway was around 250 km/h with a Phaeton. Well the motor is definetly able to give more but there is an electronic barrier (thats what they told me), and trust me that was not hard to reach but a totally different feeling than just 210.

If you want to respond with your record then please stay honest and realistic. The highway from Aachen to Düsseldorf gives you enough space and straight road to drive at that speed without great risk for 10 minutes ... then usually there are some cars in your way and you better make sure you approach them with a decent speed.

The reason why the driving in this video is legal is because it's an organised "hillclimb" competition. You'll find competitions like that all over Europe. The US version would be Pikes Peak competition.

Yes, the onboard camera in the F 3000 cars were exciting - but the most exciting car was definately the Lancia Delta S4 !

The whole category this car belonged to was deemed illegal in rally because of all the deaths the cars of this type caused - simply too much power. One of my former great favourites - Henri Toivonen - died in the crash that would lead to the banning of these monster cars.

Hehehehe

My record is 240 (according to the speedometer), a Fiat Coupe Turbo was responsible.

And it wasn't mine, and our highways are let's say not up to the German standard. The speed limit is 130.

Depends where you live. There are many stretches where you can go without speed limit for an hour. At night even far more. The problem is that they are currently expanding most roads and the usual reason for a speed limit restriction are roadworks. AND STILL. Our roads are far safer than those of italy, spain and France.

The fastest I drove so far in my life on a highway was around 250 km/h with a Phaeton. Well the motor is definetly able to give more but there is an electronic barrier (thats what they told me), and trust me that was not hard to reach but a totally different feeling than just 210.

If you want to respond with your record then please stay honest and realistic. The highway from Aachen to Düsseldorf gives you enough space and straight road to drive at that speed without great risk for longer than 10 minutes ... then usually there are some cars in your way and you better make sure you approach them with a decent speed.

every german car that can go above 250kmh are electronically limited to 250kmh *wonders why, looks at german highway tounge_o.gif *

My mate went to the garage and derestricted his BMW smile_o.gif

Depends where you live. There are many stretches where you can go without speed limit for an hour. At night even far more. The problem is that they are currently expanding most roads and the usual reason for a speed limit restriction are roadworks. AND STILL. Our roads are far safer than those of italy, spain and France.

Might be safer than the roads in Italy.... But the roads in Italy sure as heck made me feel ALOT safer than the ones in Germany. The stretches I have been on,Rostock-Berlin, Berlin-Münich, Münich- Austria, Münich-Prague mostly felt like some sort of racing game. With BMW and Mercedes cars speeding by at speeds of 210/220 km/h all the while dodging large lorries and small Fiats doing close to 200 km/h. Also the attitude of the drivers in Germany, Denmark were the worst I have ever seen.

"Let me through or I'll make sure you have to cash in on your insurance" and very eager to get where they are going the fastest possible without regard for the rythm of the trafic or the safety of themselves or others.

Granted, I come from Sweden where the speed limit on highways is 110 km/h and most stretches aren't exclusivley covered by highways only. There is alot of driving on country roads here aswell. (90 km/h)

The standard and trafical situation makes the Autostrada a much better alternative than the Autobahn if you'r into driving really fast. You really can't do much better than the autostrada! And that's why all the major car magazines (Evo, Car, Top Gear) prefer Italy when they'r up to serious driving.

Hehe my record is 125km/h but I don't have a license yet so that was during practise driving with my dad. (Maximum allowed speed on highways in Sweden is 110km/h.)

Motorcycle record 120km/h when practising and 70km/h when driving illegally ( blues.gif ) on small and pretty empty traffic-wise streets. (No license for bike yet either.)

Quote[/b] ]you are from?  

I'm from Slovenia, just south of Austria, in case you don't know; small country.