Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Windows Media Player 9, A BIG error

When trying to play a media file, I get this error that just KEEPS popping up..

Windows Media PLayer: wmplayer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entrypoint GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL.

I have uninstalled WMP, redownloaded Windows Media Player 9 from windows.com, and I still get the error. I have tried using a 3rd party media player, like realplayer, I get the same error with WMP9, but the error still comes up, just I only have to hit OK 2 times, not 200 like when I try to use WMP9. I cannot fix this problem, Alienware just keeps telling me to restore my system, but thats all they ever tell me even for simple problems, so I come to you fine geniouses biggrin_o.gif

Thanks!

another problem: when i've watched a movie, and close windows media player, and open another movie, sometimes i have to end Wmediaplayer in the task manager before i can start the other movie! sad_o.gif

another problem: when i've watched a movie, and close windows media player, and open another movie, sometimes i have to end Wmediaplayer in the task manager before i can start the other movie!  sad_o.gif

i have that problem with gozilla, dunno how to fix it... sad_o.gif

I've Read the Searches that you've posted, did some searching myself, and nothing works.

another problem: when i've watched a movie, and close windows media player, and open another movie, sometimes i have to end Wmediaplayer in the task manager before i can start the other movie! sad_o.gif

I have the same problem. Sometimes my MP3s skip as well (always in the first 5 seconds of the song - the track will stop and start over again).

I'm just going to reformat my computer.... I'm out.

another problem: when i've watched a movie, and close windows media player, and open another movie, sometimes i have to end Wmediaplayer in the task manager before i can start the other movie!  sad_o.gif

I have the same problem. Sometimes my MP3s skip as well (always in the first 5 seconds of the song - the track will stop and start over again).

wow... we are so much alike! let's support each other trough these tough times! biggrin_o.gif

question: do you have service pack 1 installed?

also Nemesis, i notice you're allot more serious here then on OFP.info forums... why? rock.gif

Easy solution: DO NOT use media player

For mp3's winamp is a good program and for movies videolan is a great program. It can handle the most common formats. You can also watch .avi's and other formats while downloading.

WinAmp all the way. Who needs MediaPlayer anyway crazy_o.gif

I love my WinAmp the skins, the overall performance. It has a lot of features MediaPlayer doesn´t have or only in a limited form.

Quote[/b] ]also Nemesis, i notice you're allot more serious here then on OFP.info forums... why?  

the mods r more scary overhere  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

EDIT: btw, when i open winamp is just completely locks up, i tryed to reinstall, got winXP, someone knows an answer? rock.gif

"Winamp grate performance"

I have winamp on my old computer (700mhz) with a custom skin. and it took aaaages to load. I mean by the time the thing was done loading the track was done playing.  crazy_o.gif It was rather slow without the skin as well...

Well maybe i should give it a second try now.. smile_o.gif

Easy solution: DO NOT use media player

For mp3's winamp is a good program and for movies videolan is a great program. It can handle the most common formats. You can also watch .avi's and other formats while downloading.

indeed.

Real Player works for me.

I've been having problems with watching .wmv files lately. They won't automatically open from the site anymore, I have to save them, then open them. Anyone know why?

Works for me:

XMMS for mp3, ogg, wav, flac, shn, wm*, cdda, shoutcast (many stations can be found here), ...

MPlayer for dvd, mpeg, avi, divx, xvid, ogm, wm*, ... and recording tv;

TVTime for watching tv.

Bittorrent to download live performances of taper-friendly bands at http://bt.etree.org

blues.gifbiggrin_o.gif

P.S.: Star Wars over net! Get it now at telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl wink_o.gif

I hate how WinAmp cuts off media files near the end. If the video is 3 seconds long, it will not play because its soo short