Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

FDF CTI Maldevic

FDF CTI CR v1.8 Maldevic

Changelog:

Quote[/b] ]<ul>[*]Changed player's side to Resistance (Finnish units) and East

[*]West now plays the role of the resistance.

[*]Replaced all vehicles with fdf-vehicles

[*]Replaced all units with with fdf-units

[*]Replaced LightFac with an BarackenAddon building

[*]Patrolling tanks added

[*]Towns added (now 15 conquerable towns)

[*]Added empty vehicles to some of the towns

[*]AI RespawnBug fixed

CR Changelog

Needed Addons:

<ul>[*] FinMod v1.3

[*] MapFact's Baracken v1.1

[*] CTITC_Addon (included)

Known Bugs:

Sometimes the "resistance" AI (finnish Units) respawns at the east MHQ ... i've no idea why they do this  crazy_o.gif  So the East-Side isn't really playable as a coop.

If you want to play it as a coop, you have to play "Resistance" (Finnish Side). That should work fine. *Should be fixed*

Download: FDF_CTI_Maldevic_v1.8

Thx to Cleanrock for his great CR-CTI, to the FinMod for their great units and to SilverSurfer and MGySgt.JohnMullins for their support!

If you find any bugs, please post them here or send me a PM.

Have Fun!

MfG MEDICUS  biggrin_o.gif

edit1:DL-Link fixed

edit2:V1.8 uploaded

Thx Medicus. I have downloaded this and now i'm gonna give it some thrashing. Offline that is. Right, i'm gonna sod off and play.

biggrin_o.gif

Er slight problem the download says it's not a valid archive.

sad_o.gif

Ohh, yes Law-Giver. I'm sorry!

Link fixed.

Thx m8 downloaded no probs now.

wink_o.gif

I get an error: Error loading fdf_w13\uzi\fdf_uzi.p3d (magic)

It works ok but i thought i'd point it out.

Thx m8 downloaded no probs now.

wink_o.gif

I get an error: Error loading fdf_w13\uzi\fdf_uzi.p3d (magic)

It works ok but i thought i'd point it out.

That's cause of the finmod ... the so called "UZI-Bug".

You just have to go to your finmod/addon-folder, copy and past the FDF_w12 and rename one of them to FDF_w13.

Or just read the first post in this thread about it (at the end of the first post).

MfG MEDICUS

eyyyy ..... some AI FIN soldiers respawn at the Russian base..... sad_o.gif  can u fix it ?? rock.gif

ohh just noticed that u told it on the first reply.... BTW cool CTI on Maldevic

[off topic..kinda]

Eheh i never knew Croatian city's were in Finland....

oh well  wink_o.gif The finmod team knows what i am talking about.

[on topic]

Great! Another CTI, but now with fdf Mod. Hopefully this one works better then the other one. Not sarcastic, just glad that there is another fdf cti around.  tounge_o.gif

Excellent, downloading now, if I leave in time I'll try it tonight smile_o.gif

Sometimes the "resistance" AI (finnish Units) respawns at the east MHQ ... i've no idea why they do this  crazy_o.gif  So the East-Side isn't really playable as a coop.

If you want to play it as a coop, you have to play "Resistance" (Finnish Side). That should work fine.

That´s because your Finnish respawn marker is named Respawn_resistance when it sould be Respawn_GUERRILA. Fix that and you´ll be fine.

Thanks for the hint, Goeth. I am not sure how much online time Medicus will get in the next weeks so i will fix it for him if he doesn't do it.

LOL I played it last night and forgot about the bug, chose to play as the Soviets and got quite a surprise the first time I died biggrin_o.gif

Ok, i replaced the respawn_resistance marker with one called respawn_guer. I uploaded the new version to our server and into Medicus downloads folder. The link in Medicus post should work.

Quote[/b] ]ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://gdt.game-server.cc/~medicus/maps/fdf_cti_maldevic_v1.6.rar

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

Not sure if the problem is this end or not  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://gdt.game-server.cc/~medicus/maps/fdf_cti_maldevic_v1.6.rar

The following error was encountered:

Connection Failed

The system returned:

(111) Connection refused

Not sure if the problem is this end or not  sad_o.gif

Hi placebo,

Our Server is down atm sad_o.gif

So the problem is on our side. It should be fixed soon.

@Goeth: THX for that hint!

BTW: So i'll have to rename all "respawn_resistance" to "respawn_guerrila", right? Not only the markername but also the names in the scripts.

MfG MEDICUS

the only thing I dont like in CR cti editions is that hospital is not respawnable.. mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

also, could someone finally come up with idea of how AI should destroy the buildings and MHQ if they found you ? make some script to put AI in your mhq at all times so AI will shoot at it...and make a script so AI will destroy buildings near your base ?...it's boring to play COOp cuz you already know - AI won;t destroy your base..just stay near by and kill your units when they respawn ... wink_o.gif

@Goeth: THX for that hint!

BTW: So i'll have to rename all "respawn_resistance" to "respawn_guerrila", right? Not only the markername but also the names in the scripts.

Afaik the respawn for resistance is called respawn_guer and not respawn_guerrila.

Regarding the server, our new provider is a bit troublesome, so little changes to the server os take bloody ages cause i have to wait for some admin there to do stuff, which usually takes an hour at least sad_o.gif

Our server should hopefully be back online soon.

Afaik the respawn for resistance is called respawn_guer and not respawn_guerrila.

I´m not 100% sure is it respawn_guer or respawn_guerrila but i´m 100% sure that with respawn_guerrila it works.

Ok, some sources say that there may be different ways to call it and i guess you have much more mission making experience than i have anyway. I only changed it in the mission.sqm anyway, medicus or i have to go through all the scripts too.

Thanks Goeth!  smile_o.gif

I changed the marker-name and the scripts and uploaded the mission to the Server (v.18). So the AI Respawn-Bug should be fixed  biggrin_o.gif

Dl-link in the first post.

MfG MEDICUS

@goeth: seems my sources were wrong, according to medicus respawn_guer did not work and respawn_guerilla worked. Man, there are an awful lot of wrong tutorials out there it seems sad_o.gif Just thought this might interest someone else too...

The upgrades to the server os are finished now and the downloads should work reliably from now on.

HURRAY ! biggrin_o.gif ... i love CTI maps... is there any FDF Winter CTI map  rock.gif

No, afaik not for FDF.

I started to convert it to a winter-CTI, but there are way too less winter-units for east (i tried to keep the addon-dl as low as possible) sad_o.gif

Perhaps there will be more winter-units for east in an upcoming fdf-release (or someone else wil do it). Kegetys units are great, but not as much different types as the fdf ones (especially vehicles).

MfG MEDICUS