Sign in to follow this  
Skewballzz

Everon *Special Edition*

At this time I am 75% done with my new Everon. It is all resistance textures and objects (except some houses, had to keep the Evronian feel). Some things changed are:

Forests - No more OFP forests. The whole island is now like GAIA now. Forests blend in with envirnment. They now are a bit bigger than their original size, as the forest thins itself out in wilderness areas. No more company size tank battles in the open where u please. It is designed to look more like a deciduous forest island, not a field island with some forests.

Towns and Cities - Expanded

FPS drop - No more than Nogova in most areas. Trust me, I have no super computer.

Island split in TWO - In the middle area where the island got narrow is now a "river" with a ravine. One town surrounds this bridge on both sides, therfor securing it will no be a piece of cake.

AGS and Farm Objects addons used.

Montignac now looks like a capital CITY (no AGS city though...maybe on the AGS_City Update)

Ill put some screenies up in a few days of all differnet areas.

just realized to topic mini subject made this thread look like a BIS release... sorry for any inconviniance.

Mods feel free to fix this...

yeah, and i´m looking foward to the island... those with single threes are may favourite ones....

I've not used Everon much but now theres a "special" edition in the making i'm looking forward to it.. biggrin_o.gif.Maybe there just wasn't any standout features on the original Everon as there obviously sounds like there is on your version..Can't wait to see some screenshots..Are you taking any ideas on anything else to put in the Island or have you pretty much decided what the overall look will be.

mapofeveron.jpg

Lets see.. the Nogova forests look too clean and miss more bushes like Everon forest, the terrain textures look very greenish and cartoonish and not so realistic, while the trees look good from close their lods are always flickering and they look bad from distance, the Nogovian bushes do not provide any concealment and do not block a.i. line of sight.

I thing Everon looks alot cooler than Nogova and i would like to have a better looking Everon but im a bit scheptical about Nogova stuff.

Good job anyway smile_o.gif .

I am open for anything.... I origanally planned on not announcing this till its realease, but if anyone had a good idea id rather impliment it earlier.

Ive always loved the feel of Everon, but when i plan out my campaigns, the terrain is very forgiving from a generals point of view. I decided to do this version for the need of more strategeic points.

-No big city

-biggest choke point was below the airport and the valley in the south...not hard to overcome in a general plan.

-no ports?rock.gif? hmm, kinda odd for an island.

-OFP forests...the only good implimented forest for OFP is BAS jungle IMO. Other than that they are wasted space for me.

-A bridge...one of the biggest goals in that plans of warfare. I designed it to be in an area where a pontoon bridge is unusable due to the banks.

All in all, it is set up to be less forgiving for generals. Single missions will not matter much, as the overall terrain mean little to most missions.

Another thing is realism. After looking at my area in detail (upstate NY) i realized there are few areas without trees. Other than agriculture fields, you will always find trees, and not little bunches and Huge square forests as in standard OFP.

I credit GAIA with the inspiration to do such things to Everon. After its completion i plan on doing to same to the other 2 CWC islands.

PS: Kolgujev will no longer be a giant base... Whats the point of it? With no civilians what is the need for ground forces on it. CARPET BOMBING!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAA ;)

Sounds really cool. smile_o.gif Especially the nicer forests and river. The farm objects will also add a nice ambience.

Guest major gandhi

this sounds really interesting smile_o.gif I'm waiting for the screens

I'm glad to see this. I agree with you that Everon is a good map and to see it modernized with all the various Mods is a grear thing! biggrin_o.gif I wish you the best of luck on this!

Glad to see everyone is into the concept. At the moment I am getting the "forests" and bridge/river area done. I'll post some screenies later tonight before I go out if I get done today.

Anything else anyone would like to see? ie. powerplant...mine...etc?

At the moment I want to stay away from the industrial aspect of OFP on this addon. I plan on making Kolgujev an industrial workhorse of an island. Malden always seemed like a mining island to me, while Everon to me is a pitstop/fishing/farming island.

At the compleation of these 3 projects I plan on combing them all in one map like AEC. I may make bridges between them and ferry points etc...comments?

If you were to combine it like AEC, I think it would lag a little.

I look forward to the release of this project, it looks great.

I've found on some islands that the airports don't work too well with AI taking off and landing.Whether this is an island problem or an addon problem i'm not sure but if it is an island problem can you make sure your airport is ok with AI aircraft,please.. smile_o.gif

Airport is fully functional. I am presently working on the bridge. Perfection is key here as I am sick of tiny gaps in bridges on the user made maps causing AI issues. I will not release untill I am positive the bridge will work.

I like this idea, I like the idea of a town divided by the river, and using bridges to enhance playability, more chalenge, specially in MP.

How about doing some of the wood areas with a part that can be blowed up to make an improvised plane landing strip or LZ for choppers? So there could be a mission that a team have to insert and clear an area from unwanted curious troops and then set up a LZ or an landing strip. This would be weecked for MP.

Regards

@CERO.

how about a winter version? wink_o.gif

[jumping claping hands with girly voice]yes, yes, yes, winter version, winter version[/jumping claping hands with girly voice]

Now, that would come nicely, wouldn't it? biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! Now I got even more ideas running through my head....

No definates, but I'll add that to my project list.

On the topic of trees and LZ's, all you have to do is blow something big up... the trees are the ones you see everywhere except the forests. Technicly with the OFP engine the way it is, you could do doughnuts with an M1 and clear an LZ.... oh well, what can ya do?

Im glad you like the city/bridge idea. I always wondered why most maps didnt have that before. It clicked especialy during the second gulf war when US armor units had to capture a bride but it turned into a "stalemate" till the A10s came. Troops were shooting at eachother across the river... that always seemed apealing to me in OFP.

Sorry about the screenie delays...had a lot of shows these past weeks and band practice is taking up a lot of time.

Bridge is now complete. On a more sad note i will not be able to get much done in the next week or so. During that time I'll take some screenies and put em on a website

I like the idea of a modern Everon.

I think you should add a power plant to the island.

It would be a great target in missions and we would have an idea where the energy used on the island comes from.

I always woundered why there were lights on the street at night as there is no power plant.

The brige is a good idea too.

I hope to see some screenshots of the island soon.

MfG

CounterForce

I got another idea for you biggrin_o.gif

Refering to the land zones and strips, how about making a land strip with dammaged and abandoned buildings with soil textures in the runway instead of tar?

If you can get somebody to make some textures that looks like mud with tyre prints and tank traks that would add alot aswe, so you could add this texture anyway you want in the island, specially near a base or town.

The roads in OFP are all to nice and clean, some new ones like I say would be nice, but that would make the project release alot longer and the file would increase in size aswell due to the new textures, but it would be sooooooo sweet, hell, I would have a go at making the textures for you and all. wow_o.gifghostface.gif

Just a sugestion biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!  Now I got even more ideas running through my head....

No definates, but I'll add that to my project list.

Thanks, now how about doing Malden aswell? tounge_o.gif

I like the landing strip idea aswell tounge_o.gif

landing strip done. Just used basic dirt textures, a barn, wood lookout tower and an old CWC building. Its located on the souther part of the island.

I'm almost done with my OFP editing website, where I'll post all of my news (besides here).

I'll post the URL when its up.

so, hows it going?

can you tell how long it might take until you can release a beta/demo version of this island?

i´m really looking forward to this biggrin_o.gif