Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Eurocopter's future heavy lift helicopter: the HTH

De Gaulle:Oil be back.

That helicopter reminds me alot of a CH-47 crossed with the CH-35.

Personally i see the EF and JSF as two particulary over expensive heaps of metal and technology trying to compete with the original aircraft, eg Harrier, F-16, Gripen and maybe the odd A10.

I find the late Eurocopter designs (NH90 and this ARSCH wink_o.gif concept) to be very boaring. Boaring but probably proven.

Nontheless I wish they would experiment a bit more with new designs. Something that looks like the old Mil Mi 12 "Homer" but with a more up to date shape would be so damn cool smile_o.gif

15a.jpg

Well i hope this won't be the same as the EuroFighter and end up useless.

Eurofighter useless?  rock.gif How do you figure that?

It has been ordered by Britain, Spain, Germany, Italy, Austria, Greece and Singapore. All in all over 1000 aircraft.

The Eurofighter is a great aircraft, so i agree with you Denoir. I might be flyin one of them, hopefully, in the future.

It has been ordered by Britain, Spain, Germany, Italy, Austria, Greece and Singapore. All in all over 1000 aircraft.

The Eurofighter is a great aircraft, so i agree with you Denoir. I might be flyin one of them, hopefully, in the future.

Ha, like we'd give you Army gimps fast jets! Your lucky we even give you helicopters!

(And no bugger can get fast jet at the mo, everyone is shunted onto multiengine, and then potentially moved up in a couple of years. Lots of very unhappy bunnies at the moment.)

Still doesn't mean that its usefull

Still doesn't mean that its usefull

Tranche 1 no,

Tranche 2 potentially,

Tranche 3, now your talking!

It's years late, but its still an awesome piece of kit. The A-A role is diminished, but the A-G versions are most impressive. I single aircraft can project the SEAD capabilities of a 4 ship of F-16's, AND carry the ALARM, an altogether far superior ARM than the HARM.

Technically you can load 18 Brimstones onto one. Thats 18 radar guided anti tank missiles, that talk to each other in flight and prioritise targets. Target gets destroyed, the weapon chooses others!

Oh, and it flies like a dream!

De Gaulle:Oil be back.

That helicopter reminds me alot of a CH-47 crossed with the CH-35.

Personally i see the EF and JSF as two particulary over expensive heaps of metal and technology trying to compete with the original aircraft, eg Harrier, F-16, Gripen and maybe the odd A10.

The JSF is hardly worthless, the only VTOL craft we have at the moment is the Harrier, at the moment te harrier is out of date, it just does not have the speed to be usefull anymore i cant remeber the other factors that is slowly making it obselete, im pretty sure it has a fairly low maximum ceiling and the load of weapons it can hold along with its hovering time which is around only a minute because the engine over heats after a minute.

Arsch?! biggrin_o.gif

Ich habe in einem der zur zeit einzigartigsten und modernsten Ärsche der Europäischen Luftflotte trainert und operiert. Es ist relativ Eng für die Piloten aber für schwere Ladung ist maßig platz. Der Arsch ist leicht aufzusetzen und die Oberfläche nicht sehr windanfällig....

Alles in allem arbeite ich gerne im Arsch. I habe mich schnell zurechtgefunden und das Arschloch, also die Ladeklappe ist schnell und leicht zu öffnen, auch schon bevor der Arsch aufgesetzt hat.... tounge_o.gif

I find the late Eurocopter designs (NH90 and this ARSCH wink_o.gif concept) to be very boaring. Boaring but probably proven.

Nontheless I wish they would experiment a bit more with new designs. Something that looks like the old Mil Mi 12 "Homer" but with a more up to date shape would be so damn cool smile_o.gif

'>http://www.moninoaviation.com/15a.jpg

Nort enough funds to experiment with ;)

Eurocopter tounge_o.gif

English only i thought +1WL tounge_o.gif

I don't think it's THAT important... smile_o.gif

Hi,

As I understand it the export versions of the Advanced air-Refuellable Support Cargo Helicopter are getting their own acronyms to reflect adaptation to local requirements:

* Special Cargo Helicopter Weaponsystem Australia New Zealand. The airrefuelling means that once this get's up, it can stay up indefinitely. Hose and probe versions for Advanced air-Refuellable Support Cargo Helicopter and the Special Cargo Helicopter Weaponsystem Australia New Zealand are currently under development.

Regards,

Sander

Hi,

As I understand it the export versions of the Advanced air-Refuellable Support Cargo Helicopter are getting their own acronyms to reflect adaptation to local requirements:

* Special Cargo Helicopter Weaponsystem Australia New Zealand. The airrefuelling means that once this get's up, it can stay up indefinitely. Hose and probe versions for Advanced air-Refuellable Support Cargo Helicopter and the Special Cargo Helicopter Weaponsystem Australia New Zealand are currently under development.

Regards,

Sander

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Hi,

Due to budget restrictions heavy lift refuellable chopper and special ops insertion stealth helicopter schemes have been combined into the joint Advanced air-Refuellable Support Cargo Helicopter/Low Observable Cargo Helicopter programme. This will have a rear ramp for rapid deployment of Fast Action Response Teams.

Regards,

Sander

The gripen was a stupid project doomed to fail. Sure it's propably the best multi-role plane but they wont be able to sell it without some major counter purchases. Sweden simply doesn't have the political power required to convince countries to buy it.

It's perfectly suited for Sweden, and thus probably also for Norway, Finland, Denmark. It's cheap to buy, and cheap to upgrade (software upgrades will be enough for a long time). New competing aircraft such as the Eurofighter are all more expensive than the Gripen. The cost for flying an American F-18 for 1 hour is 5500€, the cost for flying the Gripen for 1 hour is 2000€.

But unfortunately, if a country is to decide which plane to buy, and it's offered American F-16's and Swedish JAS-39's, it is most likely to choose the F-16's, since the USA will use their political power to have it their way. "If you don't choose our F-16's, we won't export to you," "buy from us and we'll grant your security", or whatever. On top of that, (AFAIK) there's a Swedish law that restricts Sweden from selling to countries that are likely to use them for warfare. Which is obviously silly. But I believe it can be sold anyway if the PM or someone gives his special permission.

So selling the Gripen isn't really easy. However, on top of the current, or already contracted, users South Africa, Hungary, Czech Rep and Sweden, Norway & Pakistan are interested, and Brasil aswell IIRC.

3279-1_rgb.jpg

So, can anyone come up with a plausible name for the acronym "SCHWEINEHUND"? We seem to be moving in that direction...

Hi,

No problem for the twisted mind:

To meet the requirements of the EU rapid reaction force an improved avionics version has been developed to make full use of the European Galileo satellite network:

Special Cargo Helicopter Weaponsystem European INterventionforce Electronic Heads Up Navigation Display

Regards,

Sander

Finland bought the F-18 because USA wouldnt sell the AMRAAM missiles if it bought gripen.

And the chopper looks cool, a sleek CH-53 stallion; makes you wonder if there are any Italian car designers on the project.

Finland bought the F-18 because USA wouldnt sell the AMRAAM missiles if it bought gripen.

See.

I guess this is why the Meteor project is necessary.

Exactly, the Eurofighter consortium has been pushing EADS to develop it(meteor) as quickly as possible, 'cos they're afraid the Americans won't sell AMRAAM with the Eurofighter too.

Ever heard of the Singapore case: They bought F-16 and AMRAAM and they have to have the AMRAAM's "safely" locked up in US air bases (N.America continent).

The deal is that the Americans deliver the missiles only in an emergency.

I feel sorry for the Singapore government, cos this is just plain old mocking in their face.

Hope they learned their lesson and go with the Eurofighter next.

Europe needs projects like the A-400M and this new chopper, because only this allows for good competition, developement of new technology, and none the least getting rid of american supremacy in arms sales.

Airbus already defeated Boeing in the passenger aircraft business (by A/C sold in the last years), I don't see a good reason why the rest wouldn't fare just as well.

Just another thing that jumped into my mind right now; MBB had a project called "lampyridae" in the 80's or (90's) if memory serves me right, it was an (aerodynamic) stealth jet with shape far beyond the basic stealth design of the F-117.

American pressure on the German government at that time killed it off

we still have the mica for limited BVR whilr waiting for the meteor (which will be used by the french air-force too)

If the Meteor is everything its touted to be, it will be the best performing BVR missile around.

What the hell is with the AMRAAM's anyway? They cant be that good that they cant be delivered to almost all countries. Ofcourse a country that could use them against US or its allies aint gona get them but still.

Why aint countries just buying AA-12 Adder or similiar missile? Its basicly all the same if your plane has Adders or AMRAAM's. Its the same with the BVRAAM. US didnt allow marketing them to any other countries except those that would get AMRAAM's. And if I understand correctly BVRAAM is euro project that has little to do with US.

If this HTH comes off, it could sell very well, since there is a massive shift away from purchasing US equipment. The US is not in the same position it was to bribe countries into buying their gear. The NH-90, EF-2000, german submarines, and euro ships area all selling very well. This HTH will probably follow suit. It will look nothing like the artist's impression, will probably be called someting different and fullfull roles not even imagined yet.

Bring it on!