Sign in to follow this  
Jackal14

Editing FDF ??

hey,

I love FDF 1.3 to death, but i play with a clan that deals with lots of long range shooting, and after the years i have grown TOO used to the shooting style with m21, svd, m16,.....

Is there anyway to stop the shaking/movement of a units weapon (less woble i guess...) ??

Also is there a way to edit some of the weapons back to there original set up (accuracy.... power.... range....) ?

If any of these are possible please tell how to do so.... and once im finished editing it.... if you want a copy (i would think u would have to edit config abit) ill send it over to ya...

Thanks

Jackal

yea, me too would love to edit it a bit, wanna make the police guys with sticks smash with their sticks, same for the guys with axes, they r so boring right now wink_o.gif

ok sorry i just had to say this..... your name.... does the 14 mean u came before the other jackal tounge_o.gif but anyways i like it casue its more realistic im sure u can change it but then you could never play online.

first you have to decrypt the pbo.. then debo it. then unbinize the config.bin then find the lines in the weapons part and edit those. then repbo it and test. but you can't do anything but play single player with that..

just get use to the wobble sheesh.. if you can'rt stand it then use a normal rifle..

im sure u can change it but then you could never play online.

mod folders rule! tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

lol... desided to mess around and so far i am changing recoil in the matter of afew minutes. Does anyone no what i have to edit in the cpp to get rid of most of that gun wobble or at least what its called in the cpp ?

What's wrong with the waving and shaking anyway? It just adds some realism and challenge to the game. :P

i no it does and i like it.... but i want to use FDF mod... but with my clan im a sniper and making shots from 1700 meters away is SUPER HARD !!! i have tried it, so i just want to clean it up a bit just enough so i can make those shots.

Anyone no what i have to edit ?

Well, realistic engagement range with sniper rifle is something like 600 meters. So maybe you have to get little closer to your target.  smile_o.gif

i no it does and i like it.... but i want to use FDF mod... but with my clan im a sniper and making shots from 1700 meters away is SUPER HARD !!! i have tried it, so i just want to clean it up a bit just enough so i can make those shots.

Anyone no what i have to edit ?

Sniping is hard in real life. Maybe you'd rather be playing Delta Force? rock.gif

Haha, 1700m shots hard...who would have thought it!

but with my clan im a sniper and making shots from 1700 meters away is SUPER HARD !!!

no shit? you know how much 1700m is?

In RL you would hardly see targets that far away in normal european enviroment (due to objects in line of sight, terrain or weather)

And I ask myself if normal bullets fly that far in a flat ballistic curve. You would have to aim in a pretty tricky way for it I guess and the bullets would lose much of it's kinetic energy. At least it is so with our regular swiss bullets which can be used effectively up to 900m.

my god, i no IT IS HARD IN REAL LIFE im former military and currently hunt. THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE !!! can someone help me and not cirtises me.

Jackal14:

Search the A&M Complete for General Baron's Enhanced ECP config topic, not the regular ECP by Red, or OFP updated by Pappy Boyington or the other one by Kurayami. In that topic someone has noted the lines in the config that must be changed to adjust the wobble when aiming weapons. I have no idea if FDF uses this method, but check it out and let us know.

Wadmann

no offense FDF, with all of your great addons, why are you so anti-messing around with ur files. I understand if you dont want people distributing them, but why get offended if someone wants to costomize their own.

***Just my 2 cents. In no way is any offense intended. Please continue with the great work.***

no offense FDF, with all of your great addons, why are you so anti-messing around with ur files. I understand if you dont want people distributing them, but why get offended if someone wants to costomize their own.

***Just my 2 cents. In no way is any offense intended. Please continue with the great work.***

Can they come into your home and reprogram your cell phone or tinker with your computer settings? Simply, it's their work and if they chose to not tell you how to modify it, it's their own perogative.

As a rep from the FDF mod has spoken, there is no further need for this topic's existence.

no offense FDF, with all of your great addons, why are you so anti-messing around with ur files.  I understand if you dont want people distributing them, but why get offended if someone wants to costomize their own.

***Just my 2 cents.  In no way is any offense intended.  Please continue with the great work.***

Can they come into your home and reprogram your cell phone or tinker with your computer settings? Simply, it's their work and if they chose to not tell you how to modify it, it's their own perogative.

As a rep from the FDF mod has spoken, there is no further need for this topic's existence.

I dont put out 1000 different copies of my cell phone for other people. When I get my cell phone from my company what I do with it is my choice. I understand that if FDF was a seperate game, I would respect their choice 100%, but since they had no part in the core OFP development, I view it as an insult to the community that they hold their addons above the rest as "untouchable"...

Ah damnit, I forgot to close it. End of discussion. FDF has spoken, and they've said they won't support anyone's efforts to modify their work.