Sign in to follow this  
gwg_viper

a few new mfcti 1.16 maps

I play the one on everon and it builds everything but the aircraft fact and stops building any defenses etc. The ai carry on as normal but the commander quits his post so to speak. Hope he fixes this as other than these problems it looks promising. Looks like all or most of them have similar problems. But the everon cti doesn't seem to have as many problems as the others. Which is strange as he must be using similar scripts. I haven't played them as i cant be assed to download the addons etc. Probably just as well. I take it you guys are playing on your own like me?

smile_o.gif

Right i have fixed everon and now it builds the aircraft factory and plays fine now. Also with the baracken buildings. I cant write scripts to save my life but i'd make a great detective. I'm more of a script ripper. Viper if you want me to email you fixed everon let me know. I put the baracken buildings in for ya and they work no probs. Keep up the good work m8.

biggrin_o.gif

He already posted above that you might contact him by msn/email/icq - okay, it was not directly linked to this problem but as it might help speed up the fix for all of us I'd say contact him wink_o.gif

I already emailed him but he never responded. But this was before i fixed it. I dont want to do anything without his permission but i'll email this fixed one and leave it to him. As i stated above i've included 3 baracken buildings command centre, barracks and light vehicle fact and also i think i changed the towers as well. I'm losing my mind. And i'm using the USMC markers. But i'm still playing around with that at the moment. I hope he likes what i've done. Dont want any credit as i'm too old for that, LOL. Is 34 old. Shit, i dont know anymore.

Oh i'm just testing it again before i email it shouldn't be long as i deleted some start locations so you should start on flatter ground. As i hate it when you start on a steep slope and your base looks shit. I'm fussy like that. Ive done this to MFCTI 1-16 and Cleanrocks excellent 4.1 on Everon.

Jon  crazy_o.gif

Law-Giver, I to am also more of a hacker when it comes to scripting. I am curious, just what scripts did you have to edit to get the AI building Air, and taking towns?

I can hack at those to LOL

Go into the main folder and edit the UpdateCommanderAI.sqs i leave it to you. It didn't take me long to suss it out. Hope that helps you. Gives you something to do. If you compare it to the original from MFCTI 1-16 it will help you solve it quicker. I will tell you if ya get stuck.

tounge_o.gif

Jon aka Tank-Buster

I have tested it twice now and both times it built the aircraft factory and all other buildings. In my version of vipers all damaged buildings from every town will repair after 20secs. I personally think it looks better. It looks cool watching them pop back to normal. Spooky. I will send it to viper and its up to him if he leaves it in. It would be nice to have it switchable on/off in the vote menu. Maybe i might surprise myself and have a go. I wrote down every building id. What a sad git. Not the walls and fences just buildings in each town. All of them! And only the Everon map. Not bothered about the others. But maybe viper will sort it out. Bless him. I haven't tried them. Baracken buildings worked fine. You may have to stand closer than normal to the light vehicle fact but it works and thats the main thing. Will be emailing it to him now after i put in the building id's for Meaux as i left them out. Silly me. I only played it until the aircraft factory was built and single player against the Ai. But its working. It's down to the man himself. And it's up to viper what he takes out or leaves in. But i will respect him and keep mine to myself.

Jon  wink_o.gif

Update. I have emailed it to Viper today at 15.04pm UK time. Now we wait.

I think I see what you had to do to get the AI to build heavy and air. Am I correct that by setting the build probability to a lower number the more likely it will build?

Also did you check to see if the Ai was aggressive in taking towns? I assume that since it was originally not to building heavy or air, that it was having a hard time capturing towns?

Yes m8 i basically put them back to the default settings from the original sqs file and it works perfectly. Which is what we all want i guess. You could play around with those settings but i personaly prefer the ones that will definatly build the aircraft factory etc. Plus my commander had 40000 and he didn't do shit before but now he does. I prefer that.

Jon

@Who cares, delete ur mfcti 1.1 addon and u wont get the error message, its nothing to do with my maps.

@Law Giver thxs m8, played tonight had humans on both sides but not as com, and air was built, also some shilka and bmps, I'm still trying to tweak it better but will release a fixed version soon. As for the baracken buildings, i didnt really like ur choices, so i will send u my scripts, and see if u can fix it for east, west works fine, i will  explain more in email, if thats ok m8. Also i changed a little again, and now it still builds all buildings, and seemed to build a few extra HE so seems ok, I just wanted bases harder to defend, i gona do a rewrite of that base template thing soon, cos all bases should be built at least once, no need for probabilty on buildings, just the guns.

@reckster, its the higher the number the more chance it will be built, the way it seems to work is barracks and light vehicles are essential, so they have no probablity they are just built, repair depot is very important so thats 90, heavy pretty important so that 50, and then Air & ammo not that important so they are  both 10, so i guess ur not allways garaunteed an air fac, so what i did was made air 30 & ammo 20, & increased mguns probabilty, and decreased salvagers, but somehow it stoped air fac being built, I'm sure there is a better way so i will make this and ai com setting independant group leaders to air, my top priority for the coop versions.

@all, thxs for feedback, there will be 2 versions soon, coop set at insane, which still aint that bad, and pvp set at average, coop will have less and better starting locations, also the addon 1 using marine infantry pack is nearly done, then once i have a pvp map for my league, and a good coop 1 for u guys. I'm gona start making alot of changes, heres a few ideas i have, pls post if u have any ideas here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

p.s I tried to connect to a server playing my trinity version, without having the trinity and object addons loaded, and i got kicked with error mesage missing addons: baracken, AGS_industrial_pack, AGS_harbour, & trinity, so i guess it works fine now.

*edit*

its too late now i will update tomorow evening, also trinity may now have the new buildings.

Viper i emailed you a mock working baracken building setup. But was unsure what colour or types you wanted for east and west. I originally had green for west and grey for east in mine. If only they had pink. Oh well! I tested it and east and west works but let me know what the types and colours. Oh and i sent you your original 1-1 mission not the fixed 1 so the ai workers just stand around a while. Like i said it was just to show the baracken buildings working properly. So you can copy those files and edit yourself if you like. Or i'll send my fixed one with it included. And just to get you back viper i prefer mine to yours. Now i feel better. ;-)

smile_o.gif

Viper i have emailed you an updated Baracken version with the mash tent replaced with the green baracken hospital and grey for east. Had to play with the distance settings. Tested it on 6 respawns and it seemed fine, not touching any other buildings. I have left heavy armor, repair and ammo buildings as they are. The baracken observation post is working and spawns undamaged. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed those lines at the bottom of the script. East has a grey one and west has a green one. I took a screenshot but i didnt send it. Thats it for now ;-)

tounge_o.gif

ok will be update l8r tonight, was offline all yesterday

Ok all maps updated to v1.2 get from previous links or my signature!

*AI com now has extra 60k instead of 40! (now when all buildings and upgrades are done he has a little money left to build a few armour, and give some to players)

*Trinity map, now uses baracken buildings! (east = GREY buildings, west = GREEN buildings, but i may change to all green, and eventually when i got time, give u choice of green brown or grey)

*No ammo in mhq even when both coms are AI now!

(but i may put it back to no ammo only when at least 1 com is human) and for all who wanted ammo put back in mhq, ask ur com to build u some ammo crates (if hes not AI), the ammo bug causes so much lag its just not worth the risk, its ok if u put ur gun down before getting weapon from mhq, but most people dont do that.

*More AI base defences (well it seems so, I did edited script to make it do this, and when i watched com he built 1 m2gun, and 5 HE guns, so its HE guns mainly)

only tested trinity 1, but all have same scripts, on trinity one AI was very attacking and even killed our mhq and repair depot, when we tried to make a forward base, also i saw 4 AI choppers, so Airfac was definateely built and now somehow i got them to use it aswell.

and big thxs to Law Giver for the building scripts!

OK hope u all enjoy, next update will be addon version then after that i will update with 4 types PVP, COOP, addon PVP, addon COOP!

Thanx for that lovely comment Viper, i'm an emotional wreck. LOL!

biggrin_o.gif

I see you changed the buildings and are not using the baracken hospital. I liked it, but your the governor. I only used different baracken colours for east and west so people would know the difference between bases. I'm using the baracken hospital in my version. It does look shit if you start on a hill but my version i've moved all markers to flat ground. It looks cool. I won't upload it m8 as i only changed it to keep me happy and for personal use. Nice improvements so far, testing as i type. I like the trinity version. I'm changing it to suite me. Good job again Viper. ;-)

I recently changed the AAStation etc from the stacked FenceWood to ShedSmall. Thats the sandbags with the netting. Personally i didn't like stacked sandbags with the glitchy textures overlapping. And it looked shit. Had to play with distance and rotation but it works fine. I left the warning signs and ammo crates that were behind the gun emplacements i only changed the stacked shit. Until a decent sandbag addon comes out that is. There's an excellent pic of one on the mapfact site. Just got to wait for it to be released. Mapfact it's at the bottom of the page. Oh well off to change some more stuff.

wink_o.gif

Viper i have now added the ctitc_wall if your interested. The default concrete wall is shit if you ask me. It auto aligns too. If ya want i will send you a demo of it. Right what next? Oh i didn't realise you were a fellow northener. But i now live in the posh south.

Jon [Tank-Buster aka Law-Giver]

wink_o.gif

I woudnt mind seeing the new small shad thing, can u send me pls, but i not gona use ctitc wall yet as its another addon needed, and not all have that 1.

As for my new version i have tested twice now, and bith times AI enemy where alot better, killed about 5 east t72s 6 shilkas and a few t80's last night that just me in 1 game. other guys got a few too, and there base was well defended, also when they find ur base they are alot more aggressive now.

could do with some feedback to know what u guyz think, I for 1 found it a much better game!

Will send you the scripts that i've edited, and i wont send you the wall addon. It's implemented in mine. Also i have random roaming tanks like Cleanrock has in his and the defensive armor also. Which patrols the town. As for yours mate it's definately better and harder. I've being playing it none stop. I went off CTI as i got bored of it. But this rocks man. The extra money helps to build the base up which is an excellent idea. The town capture is no walk over. I've been playing flashpoint since it came out so i aint no noob. And this is fun. I can't think what else you can do to improve it but if you do i cant bloody wait.

smile_o.gif

I emailed you my version including all 4 modified scripts, ctitc wall addon, baracken buildings, obs' tower and ShedSmall, random roaming tanks and patrolling defensive town armor all included in my version. My version of yours Viper is kick ass now! Might change the armor and use sigma6's or RHS's or something similar. Night all!

Viper i noticed that because you've increased the base defences the ai commander builds some of them overlapping one another making it look shitty. I've seen this happen twice now. No other problems so far and i'm playing it to death.

tounge_o.gif

I'm modifying my own version now from the default 1-16. I won't use anything you've modified yourself Viper. I'm using only what i've done myself so far. I will not upload your version i have modified either. Will keep to myself. Thx m8

ive noticed in 2 games now that the barracks becomes inactive have to make another cause the units never come out...

@russin, I will look into that thxs, i have never seen it happen, and i play alot, but i have seen it happen in old mfcti maps, so maybe theres a bug somewhere, but it can be hard to find what triggered it. Anyway i will see what i can do thxs, for the feedback.

p.s. I got ur PM, and I'm not ignoring it, i checked out the wglcti site, and i allready know & love the mod, its just time that is the problem, as atm, i'm worikng on 2 leagues cti's, and am map admin for 1, so i'm very busy, but as soon as these 2 cti's are complete, i will definately be able & happy, to help, i was meaning to email you, but keep forgetting, so as soon as i got these 2 maps done, i will email u, and get stuck into the wglcti, i the meantime i will try and get to know the current wglcti maps better.

ok thxs m8, speak to u soon!

*edit* actually if its only that you want the curent wglcti, on new islands? i could do that np, let me know here or in mail: gwg_viper@hotmail.com

viper. This is awesome, but can you think of any reason this would be incompatible with EECP? It works fine for 5-7 minutes and then I crash to desktop - works fine with other mods, but It always crashes at the same point with EECP. I am betting its a certain building that is built by the AI that messes it up, but I can't figure out what.

Any ideas?

ECP +CTI never worked in the first place

So im gueesing as EECP is based on ECP that it will not work either

thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple versions that work with ECP, but its been a few months since I worked with CTI, so .....

Anyway, the gwg cti has a lot of great features and is by far my favorite variant. Guess I'd have to live with out EECP to enjoy it though.

What about the Y2K 3 mod?