Sign in to follow this  
gwg_viper

a few new mfcti 1.16 maps

OK all maps updated to v1.2 for all 6 islands everon, malden, kolgujev, nogova, trinity, & treah.

Change Log this is the whole change log from original mfcti 1.16, to my v1.1's most changes are new and these maps are no longer beta!:

*Added control centre anywhere (i noticed that nobody wants to com anymore i hope this helps, it does for me)

*Added extra 40000 to AI commander

*Removed ammo from MHQ & repair trucks (to help avoid ammo bug)

*Added higher probabilty of more & better resistance tanks

*Added resistance soldiers, have 0.5 + random 0.5 skill level (was random 1)

*Added higher probabilty of more resistance infantry and that it will be a better class

*Changed default weapon loadouts: West = mfcti steyr & 3 LAW's! east = mfcti ak101 & 3 RPG's

*Added higher probabilty that enemy commanders will build HE & AA guns

*Changed probablity of what independant AI commanders buy and more chance of it being better class (infantry & vehicles)

*Icreased view distance by 100 to 900 for better chance against AI tanks

*Change vehicle limit to 20 in less units mode (now means AI group are max size 6 only)

*Changed Maximum independant salvagers to 2 (to help reduce lag)

*Changed Max stationary m2 mguns to 5 (to help reduce lag)

*Removed all civilians (to help reduce lag) (as they had extra scripts running for them

*Added some empty vehicles in various places (to make up for no civilian vehicles)

*Set Insane Opposition as default when playing AI (for reckster & all who play vs AI) (I saw 4 shilkas and 2 t80's attacking a town so its seems to have worked)

*Trinity and Treah now require the island and required oject addons before clients can connect!

*All maps will no longer give any missing addon error like ah64, or bradley!

change log from v1.1 to v1.2

*AI com now has extra 60k instead of 40! (now when all buildings and upgrades are done he has a little money left to build a few armour, and give some to players)

*Trinity map, now uses baracken buildings! (east = GREY buildings, west = GREEN buildings, but i may change to all green, and eventually when i got time, give u choice of green brown or grey)

*No ammo in mhq even when both coms are AI now!

(but i may put it back to no ammo only when at least 1 com is human) and for all who wanted ammo put back in mhq, ask ur com to build u some ammo crates (if hes not AI), the ammo bug causes so much lag its just not worth the risk, its ok if u put ur gun down before getting weapon from mhq, but most people dont do that.

*More AI base defences (well it seems so, I did edited script to make it do this, and when i watched com he built 1 m2gun, and 5 HE guns, so its HE guns mainly)

only tested trinity 1, but all have same scripts, on trinity one AI was very attacking and even killed our mhq and repair depot, (with 4 t72's and shilka) when we tried to make a forward base, also i saw 4 AI choppers, so Airfac was definateely built and now somehow i got them to use it aswell! biggrin_o.gif  They also now build t80u's & t72B's as i seen both in game! wink_o.gif

and big thxs to Law Giver for the building scripts!

OK hope u all enjoy, next update will be addon version then after that i will update with 4 types PVP, COOP, addon PVP, addon COOP!

Addons: http://www.european-combat-league.com/downloads/gwg_cti.zip

Maps all 6: http://www.european-combat-league.com/downloads/gwg_cti_maps.zip

The addon pack contains a readme. Enjoy!

n1 m8, aparently the nogova 1 may have a bug, but thats the 1st 1 i made, and has the old scripts i will update it soon! wink_o.gif

The kolgujev and trinity 1s have been tested many many times on gwg server and are fine, BEF server has been testing them too, the treauh 1 has the new scripts but hasnt been tested much, but it should be fine!

I will check ur server out and try and get a game with u guys soon. smile_o.gif

will upadte very soon, with new nogova 1 and malden too!

Ooooh these were the ones I was playing at the weekend, excellent job smile_o.gif

I uploaded those to our server, except the one on treauh, cause we don't have that island and don't intend to use it atm.

I noticed that the servers can't block people that hasn't Trinity (one of the islands)

Half the people that was gone play didn't have Trinity and

started on desert island instead.

Instead of blocking people a message came up: ¨No entry config.sqs/trinity¨ or something like that

Afaik we get the message "No entry '.Sounds'." whenever someone doesn't have the island we are playing on. Happens on more islands than only trinity iirc.

Viper I loaded the Kol. 1.16 mission you made, thouroughly tested it. Ran it all weekend with 18 players and no lag, had lots of fun with it.

I was going to ask you if your interested in building a big CTI specifically for servers like ours and the RN whore house that have more power then we can ever possibly use. I am forced to run 30 slot SHoP CTI cause I dont have anything larger then a 18 player mfcti 1.16.

They just dont make maps large enough for our server

wink_o.gif

OK all maps updated and 2 new 1s everon and malden!

Change Log this is the whole change log from original mfcti 1.16, to my v1.0's most changes are new and these maps are no longer beta!:

*Added control centre anywhere (i noticed that nobody wants to com anymore i hope this helps, it does for me)

*Added extra 40000 to AI commander

*Added higher probabilty of more & better resistance tanks

*Added resistance soldiers, have 0.5 + random 0.5 skill level (was random 1)

*Added higher probabilty of more resistance infantry and that it will be a better class

*Changed default weapon loadouts: West = mfcti steyr & 3 LAW's! east = mfcti ak101 & 3 RPG's

*Added higher probabilty that enemy commanders will build HE & AA guns

*Changed probablity of what independant AI commanders buy and more chance of it being better class (infantry & vehicles)

*Icreased view distance by 100 to 900 for better chance against AI tanks

*Change vehicle limit to 20 in less units mode (now means AI group are max size 6 only)

*Changed Maximum independant salvagers to 2 (to help reduce lag)

*Changed Max stationary m2 mguns to 5 (to help reduce lag)

*Removed all civilians (to help reduce lag) (as they had extra scripts running for them

*Added some empty vehicles in various places (to make up for no civilian vehicles)

*Set Insane Opposition as default when playing AI (for reckster & all who play vs AI)

I saw 4 shilkas and 2 t80's attacking a town so its seems to have worked

OK hope u enjoy, and nogova should now be fine!

Addons: http://www.european-combat-league.com/downloads/gwg_cti.zip

Maps all 6: http://www.european-combat-league.com/downloads/gwg_cti_maps.zip

@backwoods I will see about adding more slots, i guess if i know ur are gona be playing it alot then that makes it worth while for me!

I'll get back to u when i have had a look to see just how many scripts will need updating.

@Placebo, thxs m8! (r u named after my favourite band? or just the word?

@collosus & benu, thxs for uploading maps and, rgr that its an island bug not much i can do atm apart from suggest u copy something like:

>>>>>  Downloads all needed addons from:

http://www.european-combat-league.com/downloads/gwg_cti.zip  <<<<<  (only 8mb)

and paste it whenevr some1 joins the server. (i know thats not great so i will look into adding it to the mission.sqm that u need trinity.pbo, and see how it works, if it does i will update the 2 addon 1s asap.

@all thxs for feedback this is my 1st public release of a mission, although i'm a mapping admin at ECL, so ur feedback is much appreciated, hope u like the new tweaks, if not pls let me know which u dont like. ok thxs again guyz!

@Placebo, thxs m8! (r u named after my favourite band? or just the word?

A bit of both really wink_o.gif

Thanks for the new versions, will test them over the weekend smile_o.gif

The only little nitpick I have with the various CTI's I've tried (apologies if it's not applicable to your versions, I get confused tounge_o.gif ) when I go to a town that I don't control there will be an enemy squad and/or armour to take out, but they don't do anything until attacked, it would (IMO) be more realistic if they could be given some kind of random patrol scripting, I don't know the first thing about scripting and such so maybe that's asking for too much? Just something so they're not simply standing there would make for much more of a challenge smile_o.gif

There are some ctis that do have patrolling resistance units, i think it's in the cleanrock cti variants...

I uploaded the new missions to my server.

Thanks Benu I'll look out for them smile_o.gif

All maps updated to v1.1

Trinity and Treah should now require the island and ojects addons before they connect!

All maps will no longer give any missing addon error like ah64, or bradley!

Download Link above & in signature

I have just tried one of your cti maps 1-1 on everon and the workers are just standing around doing nothing. It said light vehicle factory was ready but it was still crumpled up and un-usable. The ai soldiers started out fine but now some of them are standing still and the base is still not being touched by the workers. I asked one of them and he said they were on strike or something.  crazy_o.gif

this is a bug in most cti not just mine, sometimes they just dont wana work, best thing to do, is build repair depot 1st then u can finish of ur base, if they dont even build that try moving and building somewhere else, not near buildings or trees!

as for light fac saying was built but not being, i dunno, probably u had lag or desync on the server!

Crikey that was a quick response. I didn't even finish my beer. The ai commander built them amongst the trees maybe that was why. Like you said. And i was testing it offline. I have made a version with all the respawn markers on flat area's and away from trees. As i thought it sucked when they where being built on slopes. Took me a while but i saved the template. And using Baracken buildings and custom icons. Works a charm. Do you mind if i convert yours over to mine with my respawn markers etc. Will keep to myself. I only play offline these days due to cheaters etc. SHAME!

Oh and i've just tried it as i type and it works. Should've done that in the first place. Too much beer! And its harder which is what i want, it took me 10 minutes to take a town and it was only a small one at that. Excellent job m8.

Jon  wink_o.gif

Yeah thats np m8, i converted mine to the baracken buildings, for trinity, but for some reason when u was east the buildings where invisible, but when u was west they worked perfect, can u do me a favour and either add me to ur msn, or email a copy of ur:

BuildStructureServer.sqs

AlignBuildingDirection.sqs

I know i could fix it myself, but it would save me alot of time if u can help, with these!

Ok m8 I must admit i have got coops versions of most of my maps, that i play on my own machine, where all the starting positions, are in real good locations for AI bases, where as the versions i released are more for PvP, but I'm getting more and more people wanting smarter AI, so i may release 2 versions soon, normal and coop, but the coop 1s wont be like the normal MFCTI 1.16 coop maps, where u have DTB and all that, they will just be modified versions of the normal 1, as I dont like the MFCTI COOP map, seems a few people still play it though, maybe i should give it another go.

Anyway eventually my maps will have many more objects to build, for the guys who love building cool bases, and will have coop & PvP versions, the PvP version will be designed for league play and the coop versions, will have much better AI, and better starting locations for AI, and better AI bases!

(thinking about it u could send me a copy of ur map, and if its just a modification of my v1.1s i could, use ur starting locations for my Coop maps, get me on msn or email: gwg_viper@hotmail.com   or icq 332213671)

Ok thxs m8.

p.s. if u ever do change ur mind and wana release ur modified version, i cant really stop u, but could u pls contact me 1st if u decide to pls.

When I play those missions alone, it seems like the AI-Commanders quit after they built everything up to the Light Vehicle fab. No heavy vehicles or air units. Start options are default and goal destroy enemy.

Well, it bears a nice challenge to conquer villages defended with three resistance tanks in a Shilka/Vulcan... tounge_o.gif

Yes i agree, i thought it was just me but my commander had 40000+ in his wallet after doin a post office job in Montignac and no aircraft factory was built and i was playing for over an hour. He just stood around with a fag in his mouth. All else seemed fine. My heavy tank factory etc was built, a few machine gun posts but not the aircraft factory. But thats what we're here for. Feedback. No doubt he'll look into it. Bless him. smile_o.gif

One more little thing: at least on Treah I get the message 'Missing addon mfcti_1.1' when the mission loads. But the mission runs without any problems (except the one posted above). I would expect that I don't need 1.1 if I have mfcti 1.1.6 loaded, correct?!

For the sake of consistency I'll move this over to User Missions with the others smile_o.gif

Which scripts do I have to change - and how exactly - to get my ammo crates back?  I've never had any ammo bugs and I'd like to keep that capability for the repair trucks.

Oh yes, the other thing...how do you change the AI difficulty? I don't see that option in any of the MP setup screens and I'd like to have a choice other than "insane" for the time being crazy_o.gif

Was able to play some of the Trinity map this weekend. Even with the Enemy AI having more money, it still is not interested and building any heavy or air units. It also is not at all aggressive with capturing towns. I had captured over half a trinity, and never encountered any enemy AI. All of my fighting was with the resistance. Have you had the same issue with the coop maps you have modidified?

Ditto all the above...no heavy units or aircraft factories.

Actually, no ammo depot, no heavy factory, no repair depot...nothing. This sure makes taking over a town guarded by a pair of T-80s fun crazy_o.gif

Played a bit on Treah and Trinity, didn't see one Russian, but plenty of Resistance guys.

Well, I had at least ammo and repair building. And after playing a long while on Treah, I even met some russians in the middle of the island. I guess the enemy AI has to deal with the same problems, as the enemy I met consisted of six Shilkas. With this said, it is just natural, that you don't see any enemies - AI squad leaders are not very smart in attacking T80s with Shilkas tounge_o.gif