Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Rainbow Six the movie

Quote[/b] ]Agree on Keira Knightly except she would be too young to play Ding's wife.

Well, remember this is Hollywood, so age doesn't really matter. In this case, I will consider that a good thing tounge_o.gif .

Unfortunately, because this is Hollywood, they will feel obligated to add female R6 troopers, who will also be love interests crazy_o.gif . Nothing's hotter than Frenching during a firefight.

Unfortunately, because this is Hollywood, they will feel obligated to add female R6 troopers, who will also be love interests crazy_o.gif . Nothing's hotter than Frenching during a firefight.

I can see it now:

"Oh no! <instert random female namehere>, is down! I've got to go help her"

Don't do it, George! The <Insert random political modern real terrorist group here> have the parade square covered! You can't get in there!

"I must!"

*George runs through the gunfire, bullets whizzing by and snapping against the dry pavement(or wet, if its raining), our hero bravely runs over to his fallen love and picks her up on his shoulders. Risking the land mines, he runs back into a safe house and protects her from the thousands of enemies swarming in to execute them*

Quote[/b] ]*George runs through the gunfire, bullets whizzing by and snapping against the dry pavement(or wet, if its raining), our hero bravely runs over to his fallen love and picks her up on his shoulders. Risking the land mines, he runs back into a safe house and protects her from the thousands of enemies swarming in to execute them*

Also, he's only holding her with one arm, he has his Beretta in his other hand and he's mowing down tangos like bowling pins. The Beretta will have a normal-sized clip which actually contains 200 high-explosive 25mm cannon shells.

Quote[/b] ]*George runs through the gunfire, bullets whizzing by and snapping against the dry pavement(or wet, if its raining), our hero bravely runs over to his fallen love and picks her up on his shoulders. Risking the land mines, he runs back into a safe house and protects her from the thousands of enemies swarming in to execute them*

Also, he's only holding her with one arm, he has his Beretta in his other hand and he's mowing down tangos like bowling pins. The Beretta will have a normal-sized clip which actually contains 200 high-explosive 25mm cannon shells.

No, berreta's too small for Woo. It's gotta be a .50 with extended clip and laser sightings.

Nothing's hotter than Frenching during a firefight.

Really? wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I dont think I ever saw a Woo movie. What are some of his most recent movies?

Quote[/b] ]My rules for R6 (movie)

NO NICHOLAS CAGE

Spielberg as director

Keep Jerry Bruckheimer away from the set (I dont want girls outnumbering guys at the theater)

To be fair to Bruckheimer,he did produce Blackhawk Down.And I'd rather have Ridley Scott as director.

Nah. There where too many girls at the therete when BHD was on. All of them to see Orlando Bloom. smile_o.gif But he fell out at the start all I did was laugh as they left tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the game was based on the book.

Hence the massively cut down plot that was tenuously linked to the book.

Sadly I know the film will be poor. All the Brits will have cockney accents, and everyone will fire from the hip.

Actually the book was based on the game. The game was originally created by Red Storm Entertainment, at that time, Clancy's company. All storylines went through his approval, and he was a part of the dev team when it came to game content. He was presented with the game, Rainbow Six, and liked the idea. So he wrote a book based on the concept of the game that was at that time under development. So maybe the game wasnt done before the book, but the book WAS based on the game.

Quote[/b] ]The game is based on the book...

Not according to Tom Clancy and Red Storm Entertainment.

Quote[/b] ]"Oh no! <instert random female namehere>, is down! I've got to go help her"

Don't do it, George! The <Insert random political modern real terrorist group here> have the parade square covered! You can't get in there!

"I must!"

*George runs through the gunfire, bullets whizzing by and snapping against the dry pavement(or wet, if its raining), our hero bravely runs over to his fallen love and picks her up on his shoulders. Risking the land mines, he runs back into a safe house and protects her from the thousands of enemies swarming in to execute them*

Great plot, m21man.

Woo has prolly already planned that scene biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No, berreta's too small for Woo. It's gotta be a .50 with extended clip and laser sightings.

No, John Woo, like the rest of the Asian movie-directors loves Berettas over anything else. biggrin_o.gif

Just take a look at Replacement Killers.

There is no reason to get a bigger handgun when it fires 25mm HE shells full-auto with a built-in ammo-factory in the mag.

You know its going to be crap.

Reason 1: Its a film of a game. Films of games are always crap. Its a rule of nature, like gravity.....

Reason 2: Its being made by Hollywood..... = melodrama and bullshit.

Reason 3: Its being directed by John Woo.

Quote[/b] ]Reason 1: Its a film of a game. Films of games are always crap. Its a rule of nature, like gravity.....

I am more inclined to believe it will be based on the book. And movies based on books can be good, especially if the books are OK to start with.

Quote[/b] ]Reason 2: Its being made by Hollywood..... = melodrama and bullshit.

True

Quote[/b] ]Reason 3: Its being directed by John Woo.

True

I can see it now:

"Oh no! <instert random female namehere>, is down! I've got to go help her"

"I must!"

(back at base)

"Just what the hell do you think you were doing! We can't function as a team if every one of my team members isn't on board 100%! You can't let that girl get in way of your work! You put the whole team in jeopardy!"

"Sir, I had to do it!"

"You're suspended. We're going to hit the terrorist HQ tonight where they're preparing to launch Saddam's Scuds, by the way they've taken your girlfriend hostage. BUT YOU'RE GOING TO STAY RIGHT HERE. We're locking you up in a cell with a typically easy-to-fool unprofessional guard."

"Yes sir! (not)"

For those people slagging off John Woo's Hollywood movies, all I can say is watch Hard Boiled and The Killers, you will see how talented a director John Woo is when given the freedom to do things his way, The Killers is easily my favourite Hong Kong movie.

Yes, Woo is good at making a certain type of movies. He should however stick to that type, as most other attempts usually turn out not so great. And IMHO, in the Rainbow Six universe there isnt a Woo type setting or atmosphere.

No, berreta's too small for Woo. It's gotta be a .50 with extended clip and laser sightings.

no no no~john woo is an alltime beretta lover and those Beretta uses a ultra hi-tech unlimited bullet clip

(dont shit with me i watch those movie since i was a small kids, and i still could get a great laught with them biggrin_o.gif )

anyway john woo isnt that bad if he stick with his old movie (man i like Killer a lot, it is bloody cool)

*4 IN 1 dress up like Max Payne in MP2, entering a church* biggrin_o.gif

Not to mention that the one-man-army hero can withstand 4 hits on his torso fired from a 7.62x42mm AK-47.

Not to mention that the one-man-army hero can withstand 4 hits on his torso fired from a 7.62x42mm AK-47.

well in fact there is atless something make sence in woo's movie:

heros could not take a shot from AKs

(as most of the time AK misses the heros who uses 9mm biggrin_o.gif )

Now this is supose to be based on the book and no sutch thing happen well actualy the hospital where John and Ding's wifes work get attact and some of R6 Team 1 dies when they arrive at the sceen but that as close as it gets to that.

Now the good(not bad) main stream film would be somthing like this:

The movie as the book starts on an airplane heading for England 3 terrorist comes charging in to first class and takes over the plane but Clark is cool and acts liks he is going to the WC one of the terrorist follow him to the WC where Clark and Ding promtly takes care of him John goes back in to first class and take down the second terrosrist when he looks in the other direction. Then Jonh and Ding proceeds to the cockpit while Stanly(fromer SAS and second in command of R6) secures the tangoes. A stewadess calls the cockpit and make the third terrorist come out and John and Ding take him down the pilot wants to know ho the are but they say they come from the police they get on another plane and go to England. Thats the 5-10 minuts start

In the next minuts u see them train and get introduced to the Other men in Rainbow.

And Now I have goten tired of wriding so I will continue later.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]"Oh no! <instert random female namehere>, is down! I've got to go help her"

"I must!"

Great plot, m21man.

Woo has prolly already planned that scene  biggrin_o.gif

*sniff*

No one ever remembers me.... sad_o.gif

I noticed the credit got taken off of you but couldnt be arsed to say so.....sorry mate tounge_o.gif