Eddie Price - SAS

Mike Pierce - Delta

Hank Patterson - Delta

George Tomlison - Delta

Team One:

Peter Covington

Oso Vega

Don't remember rest sad_o.gif

Others: Clark, Noonan, Malloy, Tawney, Peled, Popov, ect...

Whole bunch of tought guys ;)

Team Two:

Dong Chavez - CIA

Ding! It's Ding! biggrin_o.gif

Ding, Dong, both sound good to me. tounge_o.gif

I might be mixing somthing but I remember when the film was shown on Danish TV, I a Big Fan of R6 listend very carfuly to when ever his name was mentioned cause I saw the conection too plus Clark at one point in R6book says he met Ding in Colombia but in the film I am sure Domingo or Ding is never mentioned and in the "after text?" he is just named as Chavez, that fact that he is a sniper and that wiliam Dafoe dosent look like Clark(as he looks in my head) made me think otherwise.

STGN

Willem Dafoe

I know Dafoe was in Platoon, which character did he play? I don't remember.

Sgt. Elias Grodin

At least you know it won't be as bad as Ecks vs. Sever. None of that click click lets rock bullcrap.

OMG! Lmao I'm reading the book and last night I thought "Wow wouldn't it be great if they made a film of this?!"

I hope the cast John Leguizamo as Chavez, he's cool biggrin_o.gif

Ive got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach saying this will, for lack of a better phrase, blow major donkey balls. I hope im wrong biggrin_o.gif

and at the end there will be a Nucler/Biologcal/cheamical bomb that they disarm with just 2 seconds left. How Cheesy. sad_o.gif

And what happen to that australian guy on the team. sad_o.gif I forgot his Name Timothy Veigh or something rock.gif

John Woo...here this call add The aussie. tounge_o.gif

most of you guys are like "oh john woo this and that" but you forget that he launched the career of chow yun fat.  John woo has some pretty suspenceful action sequences and he really like pistols i think.  I've seen some John Woo films and he does some amazing things with guns and film.  I think its going to be a blockbuster because when people say John Woo they know what its going to be some pistols and ricochet sparks and motorcycles and grenades n stuff.

Exactly

If he made Mission Impossible 2, then my god, any movie by him is awsome.

I've read all the TC books up to The Bear and the Dragon (BEST TC BOOK- READ IT!) I always pictured Harrison Ford as the president (John Clark), and Ben Douchefleck shoulda broke his ankle before taping so I didnt have to watch that lame excuse for a CIA agent acting.

I say keep the actors the same from Clear and Present Danger.... technicly the ages would only be a few years off.

Oh yeah, make Kate Beckinsale or Keira Knightly Ding's wife so I can stare at either of them if they decide to cast Ben Douchefleck again.....

Lousille was in the book I'm pretty sure he was. I could be wrong though, It's been 3 or 4 years since I read it.

If I recall correctly in the book the team was half American half British, and had 2 Germans a French, and one Israeli. I think the team was about 16 people in the book.

That makes the team 125% different nationalities? rock.gif

In the book, the team is under U.N command, if you mean that.

I think you'll find in the book,Rainbow is a NATO unit.

Quote[/b] ]If I recall corectly the only guys in the game from the book are , Chavez, Clark, Lousille,Johnston, Weber, and I'm not sure but I think Jorg was to.

Actually, since the book is based on the game it should be the other way around...

"the only guys in the book from the game..."

Nitpicking, I know. But right should be right smile_o.gif

MAN!!!!!Y JOHN WOO

u just have to watch windtalkers and find that his only decent film is faceoff

i was really looking foirward for spec ops movies this year only to find out one ive been waiting to c is directed by a unrealistic over action hollywood crappy director!!!

man

i hope they get the guy hu directed tears of the sun

or at least clear and present danger

Oh yeah, make Kate Beckinsale or Keira Knightly Ding's wife so I can stare at either of them if they decide to cast Ben Douchefleck again.....

LOL biggrin_o.gif

Agree on Keira Knightly except she would be too young to play Ding's wife.

Quote[/b] ]u just have to watch windtalkers and find that his only decent film is faceoff

Cheers smile_o.gif

I would say that Windtalkers is even worse than Pearl Harbour, and I can't stand Ben Afleck and I like most of Nicholas Cage's movies and think he's a great actor.

Get Speilberg. His war movies are the only ones that dont have that HOLLYWOOD feel to them.

Windtalkers...I dont know if it was Woo or Cage that ruined that. Probably both. Who runs around with a tommy gun acting like rambo?rock.gif?rock.gif?

Pearl Harbor...Should a war movie attract chicks?rock.gif Need I say anything else

Tears of the Sun... Great movie.....UNTIL....the end in the big battle where they all pull back in a line together with the guns blazing at their hip... Amazing how one scene can ruin an entire move. Plus Monica Bellucci shoulda shown some nipple.

Thin Red Line.... Great

Forest Gump... The movie that isnt a war movie, yet started the way modern war movies are done. I will always remember the part in the dike with tracers and bombs goin off

Band of Brothers......Hmmm, need I say anything.

The Patriot..... Even with the lame "girly" aspects i think it did a great job. Lets just say if a movie made me go practice with a hatchet an hour a day it deserves some respect.

Gods and Generals.... may have dragged at times, but I love the southern point of view. You also got a great feel for the generals. Nice job making the special effects seem real, and not hollywood.

The Rock.... May not be an official WAR movie, but it fits in the R6 category. Another movie where Nick Cage ruined a great flick. Sean Connery...AWSOME. Plus we had a Ding Chavez in a stocking cap...AWSOME tounge_o.gif

Full Metal Jacket...boot camp part...great. The war scenes were intersting, as they showed how battles are not 1 hour of continuous shooting.

Apoch Now... More of a drama, watch while ur stoned kinda movie. Total cult classic

Saving Private Ryan.... What modern war movies would we have had with out this?

Enemy at the Gates... cool, except we had british people playing russians and americans playing germans. Atleast they didnt attempt to give em native accents.

Wow, what a ramble on my part. Im sure theres a few i left out.

My rules for R6 (movie)

NO NICHOLAS CAGE

Spielberg as director

Keep Jerry Bruckheimer away from the set (I dont want girls outnumbering guys at the theater)

The movie may have to change a bit from the book, as the action in the book is the suspense of the setup, with 30 seconds of action. Cant wait for the castle scene.

I hate movies BASED on novels i have red mad_o.gif

I know that movies has their own dramaturgy, ect., but i was really dissapointed watching "Hunting for Red October" that there were no scene "Warthogs vs. Kirov" (if they do not know how to to it, let they ask our great addonmakes biggrin_o.gif ).

I'm afraid it can be worest "TC" movie sad_o.gif

As Skewballzz mentioned "clean action" is maybe 20-25% of book, so in movie it will be 90...

I wish "directors cut" on DVD even twice longer, but closer the book for TC fans.

According the R6 book Ding Chavez's wife is John Clark's daughter, so she probably isn't going to be British

I'd like to also add that John Woo only became a bad director when he moved to America and had less freedom in controlling the direction of his movies.

On the other hand, he's probably going to include one of the following in R6: dual pistols, slo-mo,1 superhero character who can shoot guns while jumping and never needs to reload.

Windtalkers...I dont know if it was Woo or Cage that ruined that.  Probably both.  Who runs around with a tommy gun acting like rambo?rock.gif?rock.gif?

That movie was hilarious. I loved how Nicholas Cage played a super hero. I couldn't stop laughing when he runs up to that bunker under MG fire, and throws a satchel into it. Of course, the satchel explodes on impact, sending Cage flying through the air, his body silohetted against the ball of fire spewing forth from behind him. Or the part where they go behind enemy lines, the kid disguised as a Japanese soldier, and they take down a small army encampment.

My brother really wanted to see that one when it hit theatres. Poor, poor brother.

Quote[/b] ]If I recall corectly the only guys in the game from the book are , Chavez, Clark, Lousille,Johnston, Weber, and I'm not sure but I think Jorg was to.

Actually, since the book is based on the game it should be the other way around...

"the only guys in the book from the game..."

Nitpicking, I know. But right should be right smile_o.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the game was based on the book.

Hence the massively cut down plot that was tenuously linked to the book.

Sadly I know the film will be poor. All the Brits will have cockney accents, and everyone will fire from the hip.

The game is based on the book...

Sadly I know the film will be poor. All the Brits will have cockney accents, and everyone will fire from the hip.

Don't be sure Even in Navy SEALs the don't fire from the hip. A thing that would be cool was if they in the assult situations used a real SWAT team to play Rainbow insted of some stupid actor.

Oh and arnt you guys looking froward to seeing people rotten up from the inside ghostface.gif you know you read about that in the book and it is real hor.. erhmm discusting to imagine inside your head so they could make it a horror/thriller/action movie whit the thrilling story, the horroble lab(the most horrorefying is that they treat the realy niceand give the good food but at the same time exposes them to the virus) where the "evil guys and women" experiment on the homeless and the young woman they kidnap. And some realy cool and realistic action when Rainbow take down the tangos at the different insidents then I think it would be a good movie.

STGN

Your diea reminds me of a mission I beleive was in Rouge Spear. You had to raid a chemicle lab before they get away with a breif case with some virus. Me and my brother loved setting up outside and blowing the hell out of the car just as it starts to drive away.